Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

@sickboy: now i got nearly every ACE2 Feature working...our Server is up and running fine till yesterday. BUT: i can't get these goggles to work and i can't find whats wrong.

Are you sure it works with something in your name except letters? the part of my /userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp look like this:

class Identity
{
face="Face89";
glasses="None";
speaker="Male04";
squad="http://home.htp-tel.de/agerber/arma2/squad.xml";
pitch=0.93334132;
name="Dr.Pulp";
};

i copied everything except the name (i wrote it on my own ;-))

and not to just ask question all the time:

THX for the great Mod! loved WGL, loved ACE and will surely love ACE2 :D

I'm in the exact same boat, have followed all listed instructions to the letter, but I can't seem to get the gasmask to work.

ACE is the PLACE, baby!

Now that all is working and installed via 6th updater and rsynch, which option do we choose in the updater and how often should we run the update,

thanks too much!

I'm in the exact same boat, have followed all listed instructions to the letter, but I can't seem to get the gasmask to work.

Did you edit the file in userconfig\ace and not @ace\userconfig?

Did you put the mask into your inventory and didn't get the actionmenu item to put them on?

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Now that all is working and installed via 6th updater and rsynch, which option do we choose in the updater and how often should we run the update

You use option 2 to update normally.

You'll want to go into option 1 and synchronize once in a while to get new rsync mirrors.

You should update before joining an MP game.

Did you put the mask into your inventory and didn't get the actionmenu item to put them on?

Bingo. I was changing the wrong user-config file. D'oh. Thanks matey, can't be much fun schooling a swarm of mongs. :)

/edit: *slap myself*

now...cause i got suspicious i looked at the @ace\userconfig and it hit me like a rock: i edited the example at the \userconfig\ace\file *g* sorry for the trouble!

Edited by Dr.Pulp

I've been completely unable to start the installer. As soon as i start it, it ctds with the following message:

Error loading gem paths on load path in gem_prelude

code converter not found <IBM737 to UTF-8 with universal_newline>

<internal:gem_prelude>:302: in 'read'

<internal:gem_prelude>:302: in 'block in push_all_highest_version_gems_on_load_path'

<internal:gem_prelude>:300: in 'each_value'

<internal:gem_prelude>:300: in 'push_all_highest_version_gems_on_load_path'

<internal:gem_prelude>:344: in 'compiled'

OS Windows XP 32bit. Help please.

Does any of this apply to you?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6564#note-3

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6600

If not, please setup a ticket with the logs and ill look into it, tnx.

where can i find hangar object/building for EASA?

and how to use fastropes? i tried syncing fastrope module to mh60s and the player and tried all positions(pilot,copilot,crew chief,door gunner,back seat) and no option for fastropes

also there is no way to eject from the helicopter, even when you have parachute pack

Edited by NMDANNY

I am trying to use the addon by RobertHammer 'RH_hk416_packv1.0' and I have all the requirement needed for it to work. I have placed a mod folder named @RH_M4_M16_HK416 into my ArmA 2 folder and made the appropriate changes to my shortcut. It is not working, can we use the RH_hk416_packv1.0 with the A.C.E mod? or do we only have to use addons that are CBA?

You should update before joining an MP game.

Whilst I agree, I ran into a slight issue - Went to log on mp servers this evening, and decided to update my mods as is so easy before jumping on thinking, yeah, thats a great idea as servers are probably up-to-date with latest version.

Actually, my client was more up to date @ version 0.1.83 beta or something and all the servers I joined were 0.1.82 or something and it said that I needed to update with an extremely annoying ping sound and pop-up box to say I need to update. No, the servers I joining needed to update, I had the updated version of the mods I use ^^

Anyways, a word on updating, even in beta, can you please keep it to a minimum or save it and dump it in one go (Maybe once a week) otherwise client versions are going to be out of sync with mp server versions of mods it is running, untill the MP servers update the version of their mods, which will probably be tomorrow for me.

And please can we make the ping notification sound more friendly, that thing was horrible :D

Peace (loving the mod and the updater btw, great work!) :bounce3:

Edited by Ronin =ASP=

I am trying to use the addon by RobertHammer 'RH_hk416_packv1.0' and I have all the requirement needed for it to work. I have placed a mod folder named @RH_M4_M16_HK416 into my ArmA 2 folder and made the appropriate changes to my shortcut. It is not working, can we use the RH_hk416_packv1.0 with the A.C.E mod? or do we only have to use addons that are CBA?

The addon itself works (I just tested it with a RH ammobox in the editor), its prolly that the replacement pack isn´t compatible with ACE.

Edited by malibu.stacey

I'll at least try to keep the updates to a minimum while everyone's sorting out the software and im still fixing issues etc, but as announced, the Public Beta is supposed to be (near) daily updates.

Will look into relaxing the version checking requirements, hopefully sometime this week.

Is there a list of the new stuff in ACEX for use in addWeapon?

I want to equip troops with the awesome new weapons.

Sickboy,

The new update is causing a few issues with guys that used the Yoma addon sync to download and install the mod.

People who update using sixupdater can update to todays build fine however people who use Yoma cannot?

Armaholic said that they were not going to report on the new releases that come out daily only on 'Mile Stone' releases (what ever that means). Does this mean that people who update cannot play ace multiplayer because the servers cannot grab the update from Yoma? (Most servers i've been on are using Yoma to download addons etc)

The solution is simple of course, use the sixupdater on the servers BUT its a pain in the bum to install & update locally never mind on a server!!

Anything you can add or suggest ?

Nice work on the mod guys, but i'll rather download the whole pack again every day, than messing with that updater shit :)

Edited by warrick

Sickboy,

The new update is causing a few issues with guys that used the Yoma addon sync to download and install the mod.

People who update using sixupdater can update to todays build fine however people who use Yoma cannot?

Please search this thread for 'yoma', and you will see that the yoma hosters have reported they kept the updater parts of the modfolders in tact, so that you can update with either tool: Yoma, or the Six-Updater.

Milestone releases are those like: Beta 1, Beta 2, RC1, RC2, RTM (Final), etc. We hope the http/ftp mirror hosters will keep up with those, they will be multiple weeks, if not months apart.

Update builds are the buildnumbers that are included in our version, and Officially only distributed by means of the updater, it was specifically designed for this task, and it is extremely good at it.

Still, if Yoma hosters keep up, or other 3rd parties provide you with other means, feel free to pick what you prefer :)

The solution is simple of course, use the sixupdater on the servers BUT its a pain in the bum to install & update locally never mind on a server!!
Installation is maybe, though he who reads will find it to actually be quite easy, as proven.

Updating should be peanuts and mere minutes work, fully automated.

There have been issues with the updater, that have been resolved: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/news

And if ppl would simply report their issues in detail with logs, on the issue tracker, instead of complaining ;), then we can get everything sorted just the quicker :)

Edited by Sickboy

I just updated my game to 0.1.183 but all the servers are running 0.1.182. I asked some admins they say they got to upload the changed files manually. I guess I cant play ACE2 in multiplayer tonight...

I just updated my game to 0.1.183 but all the servers are running 0.1.182. I asked some admins they say they got to upload the changed files manually. I guess I cant play ACE2 in multiplayer tonight...
If they have Windows rootservers, they can use the software there.

If they have linux rootservers, they can use rsync directly, or once I've finished the linux client, they could use that too.

If only access to FTP, it will come down to uploading the changed files, but I can understand that this can be cumbersome.

Still will look at relaxing the version check, and what we can do with the daily builds.

Edited by Sickboy

First of all, cheers for the ace2 release and for releasing the core as standalone (i´ve got a 10GB/month limit on my connection)

I d/l ace yesterday (18:00GMT) and ran a quick test all went fine, i ran a update with the six updater today (17:00GMT) and continued to test but today i experience random 1sec lockups when im playing. Its like 1 sec freeze every 3rd minute or so, any out-of-control do loops in progress?

Please search this thread for 'yoma', and you will see that the yoma hosters have reported they kept the updater parts of the modfolders in tact, so that you can update with either tool: Yoma, or the Six-Updater.

Milestone releases are those like: Beta 1, Beta 2, RC1, RC2, RTM (Final), etc. We hope the http/ftp mirror hosters will keep up with those, they will be multiple weeks, if not months apart.

Update builds are the buildnumbers that are included in our version, and Officially only distributed by means of the updater, it was specifically designed for this task, and it is extremely good at it.

Still, if Yoma hosters keep up, or other 3rd parties provide you with other means, feel free to pick what you prefer :)

Installation is maybe, though he who reads will find it to actually be quite easy, as proven.

Updating should be peanuts and mere minutes work, fully automated.

There have been issues with the updater, that have been resolved: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/news

And if ppl would simply report their issues in detail with logs, on the issue tracker, instead of complaining ;), then we can get everything sorted just the quicker :)

Thanks for the info.

Although i was not complaining simply asking a question / questions.

Same here Blechreiz. Honestly, I looked at the files that were updated with the 183 update. And they aren't so massive. It wouldn't be that difficult to update them. But, hey. What do I know.

You learn. I learned that I only update my game if I cant play on a server because of a newer version :)

Im sure in here somewhere (118 pages now) there's info/guide on setting up a dedicated server with ACE. Any chance we can have a new thread on this subject?

thanks to all who created this Mod.