Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

First of all, thanks for all the work!

now, here's an odd question...

I have no intention of playing online. I just build my own missions and fly them.

I installed this mod, and it's quite fun. It adds some features that improve gameplay quite alot.

The bad thing is, the performance hit is quite massive for me. Normally I max out the number of characters on the big map, and I myself practically only use helo's. With ACE installed the hit is just too big.

So my question is........

....is it possible for me to extract the AH-6 GAU and only run that? I tried to install it as a separate addon, but it keeps telling me I need the ACE main mod. Does it need the whole mod or only certain separate items?

ACE is great so far accept its mostly in German like the copy of my game..even tho im running the English mod :( Is there anyway to make the ACE stuff in English? thx.

ACE is great so far accept its mostly in German like the copy of my game..even tho im running the English mod :( Is there anyway to make the ACE stuff in English? thx.

Buy the game rather than cracking it :P

Buy the game rather than cracking it :P

OT : having the game in german has nothing to do with cracking it, tyvm.

....is it possible for me to extract the AH-6 GAU and only run that? I tried to install it as a separate addon, but it keeps telling me I need the ACE main mod. Does it need the whole mod or only certain separate items?

No it's not possible to only use certain bits of the mod.

If you only want the littlebirds, check around the forums or, f.ex, armaholic to see if anyone's made a stand-alone mod for them.

Yes i bought the game legit but i got the German version because it was the 1st version to come out.

help?

Cant help unless I know what the problem is.

how do I stop it and look? Im useing Yoma's Addon Sync, with Kellys Heroes server to download. Im afriad that if I stop it ill end up corrupting one of the files

Don't be, if you're using 1.0.43

i posted a reply a couple of pages ago explaining some what of my problem....----hmmm...i can open the mod. but can not join any servers that actually have ace mod loaded.i always get kicked,it says something like you can not edit this mission because its dependant upon missing files or something like that.help?

Is there any chance of getting a higher quality marpat replacement? I applaud the efforts by the ACE2 team and to the person that made them, yet they seem to be lower resolution than the default/BIS skin (specifically things like the magazines on the vest). That, and although they're widely used by the military, the grey doesn't seem to fit with the largely outdoor/non-urban environments of ARMA 2

Great mod guys! Keep up the diligent work!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

i posted a reply a couple of pages ago explaining some what of my problem....----hmmm...i can open the mod. but can not join any servers that actually have ace mod loaded.i always get kicked,it says something like you can not edit this mission because its dependant upon missing files or something like that.help?

Many of the servers are also using ACEX, did you get the extras pack as well?

Edited by Spectator6

How do I get the Loadmaster Feature to work? And Fastroping?

I have placed a Venom in the Editor with pilot, co pilot and two gunners, and three army men that I would like to fastrope out of it, I made everyone playable. Pressing W or S kex doesn´t work with none of them

sorry but i cant get the voice work. i changed line in //#define ACE_NOVOICE but there was no change

I have placed a Venom in the Editor with pilot, co pilot and two gunners, and three army men that I would like to fastrope out of it, I made everyone playable. Pressing W or S kex doesn´t work with none of them

Fastroping isnt Multiplayer.

just wondering, can someone make tutorial for air to air refueling and the EASA module.. ty

i am tring to enable radio chatter but in config clientsid it said remove "//" in front of #define i dont see any?:confused:

TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.

----------

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

#define ACE_NOVOICE

sorry but i cant get the voice work. i changed line in //#define ACE_NOVOICE but there was no change

Are you editing the file in ...\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ ?

(Reminder: The software got updated to fix up issues ppl were having.

Auto-update should take care of it.

Throw this file in your six-updater folder and run option #2 (looking into what's up with auto update of the software atm)

As last resort: 0.1.9, latest atm)

First update is a fact. Run your updater to fetch the changes.

ACE updated to build 183.

ACEX updated to build 150.

Tickets related to this build:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6613

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6618

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6624

Some internal improvements and fixes included.

Thanks all for reports!

Edited by Sickboy

Does ACE work properly in editor/singleplayer?

Does this happen on all missions on all servers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post

Fastroping isnt Multiplayer.

I didn´t say I want to try it on Mp;-) I want to try it out in the Editor, especially the Loadmaster Feature, but I can´t get it to work

yes,singleplay is fine...iopened up the armory and played for a few... i have tried like 5 servers w/ ace

New bug: Cannot get cartridges working. Fiddled with the settings to no effect.