Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Could we please get an @ACElang_cz-en option in the Updater-web thing? I'd really like to have my ACE2 fully in English.

Ok, I've installed it through the sixupdater! Great! But I have a question: How to check for updates? Do I have to perform all the steps again? I mean in the installator.

No need for that. Once it's configured it's done. When you want to update, just use option #2 in the SIX Updater, and let it run. That's it :)

Yea I too was initially lost with the updater, but does not take long to get it sorted, works great.:pistols:

And the last noob question:) if I'll chose the option 2 but there won't be any new updates will it, will the program somehow notice me about that?

Thanks for the feedback. For some reason the game is not recognizing the shift key all the time. When I hit Shift-V my man wants to step over something. However shift=h give me the grenade options. Ill try to reinstall and test again. In the key hpp file it says the range system is shift-num0

Try Shift-V. Also grenade launchers can now be adjusted for range with arrow up/arrow down keys (similar to AT launchers).

Let me know ifyou find out his name or anyone else using the mod folder method.

Thanks.

kolotei is nik and check prev post ;)

First off, THANX to all the ACE 2 crew for this fantastic peace of work.

I have to say, i was lucky to be probably the first to download everything Monday evening, and everything WORKED very well.

To set it all up, if you follow the steps, it WORKS!

Great.

I couldn't really test a lot, just played a little Cipher v141b and boy, it was fun:-)

will test more tonight.

This is like a giant surprise pack, because to see and test everything, itl take more then just a mission or 2 .

Great so far, keep those updates coming :-)

I personally found using Alpinestars launcher to launch ArmA2 more practical, because its easy to quickly chose which mod to load, without the hassle of changing the shortcut.

SIX Updater is just used for..... Updating, and for that its fantastic :-)

Edited by markushaze

And the last noob question:) if I'll chose the option 2 but there won't be any new updates will it, will the program somehow notice me about that?

Just try it ;)

If there are updates the updater will say what's been updated when it's done.

Everyone Ready for the first, EVER, Public Update Cycle then ?

It's countdown-time! Next 1-2 hours :D

Why don't you give another day or 2 before updating...

Let people calm down and play a bit...

Nothing that forces people to update.

Because this is going to be the rythm of updates, probably, for the beta duration, and why there's the update system in place.

go into your User config and read more about that :)

And this is also the reason to why people should use the easy peasy updater. Otherwise you have to download the whole thing over and over and over... Not so clever. SixUpdater=clever. :)

i dont hear the radio sounds.. its a feature of ace or a bug??:bounce3:

That's been mentioned 30 times. It's in there. You need to check the userconfig/ACE/clientside_config.hpp.

HEy guys i load the game using 6 updater and everything seems to go fine, the game begins to load then an erroe message pops up that says

"Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon 'CAData'"

any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks guys

Hi all! i started to install the ACE mod but i have a problem.. i installed the six-updater and i put the 7 zip folders(@CBA,@ACE,@ACEX) into the main six-updater folder but when i start the 6th updater there is a dos window with a message -- "error loading gem paths on load path in gem_prelude''. that dos window is only for half second and close. so i can not continue. anybody ideas what i did wrong?? thank you and have fun with the new mod.

hmmm...i can open the mod. but can not join any servers that actually have ace mod loaded.i always get kicked,it says something like you can not edit this mission because its dependant upon missing files or something like that.help?

th_arma22009-12-0901-25-45-54.jpg

And who said Refueling was a waste:yay:

I can't seem to get any sort of tail-rotor related injury, not sure if that features is working? Unless the helicopters don't all support it.