Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Thanks guys for all the hard work, so many improvements;)

How does SLX work with ACE? I love to use SLX, but ACE is also very good.. Or are there some modules I should remove from @SLX so they would work well together?

Read the FAQ.

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

The EASA module works with (at least) hangars already on the map.

Ahhh... I feel like the biggest idiot. Thanks for the help.

How does SLX work with ACE? I love to use SLX, but ACE is also very good.. Or are there some modules I should remove from @SLX so they would work well together?

That is one of the purposes of a Public Beta :rolleyes:; Please try and tell us about your experiences. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues/new :)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Sandbags

Use mouse plus holding either SHIFT or CTRL while scrolling mouse wheel for stacking or rotating.

Also remember guys that this is the FIRST BETA. Everything isnt TIP TOP everywhere. If you find something that doesnt work as it should then look at DevHeaven's ACE2 bug tracker to see if its mentioned. If not then raise a ticket about it and it will be fixed in an upcoming beta hopefully.

Grr. My mousewheel on my normal mouse is broken. Is there anyway to change it?

Not clientside.

Add a ticket and suggest an option.

Don't know if it was addressed earlier, but here i go:

with updater it weights quite a lot: @ace folder = 143mb; @acex = 1,09gb... (those rars in .rsync/.pack/addons folders duoble the size)

Anyway to trick updater not to keep those downloaded rars?

(i just woke up and my still sleeping brains thought of such idea...)

Despite that, I started to like the updater. It's really very practical tool to maintain up to date status of the beta mod :)

P.S. can we get the exact code names of bulaklava, safety/tactitcal googles, gasmasks, so that we could know what to write in userconfig? ;)

BTW, I want to remind something. This topic was created yesterday, 24hours didn't passed yet, only 19h have passed, in such short time there are 92 pages, 900+ replies and 50000+ views. Isn't this fascinating? It tells me something... :)

Edited by Gedis

So I've been busy making my Seal Team Six campaigns compatible with ACE and I've come to this conclusion. Everything seems to work fine except for the changes made to the AI. The Vanilla game had it perfect in my opinion. Here's an example. With the default Ai the enemy can't see you in the dark standing at least 50 yards away. This however changes if the AI is using NVGs. In ACE 2 the AI can see you perfectly in the dark from upwards of 50 yards regardless of NVGs or not. This was tested in a open field with no light source on a cloudy night. So with this in mind I've had to scrub all my stealth missions because remaining undetected is impossible with ACE. Also if you engage an enemy silently who is at least 100 yards away or more from another enemy unit your cover will be blown regardless if the other enemy turns to you. It's like the Ai have an enhanced sense of awareness regardless of placing them to CARELESS. I hope they consider fixing this as I'm sure a lot of mission makers want to use stealth objectives in there campaigns.

Edited by Sick1

Don't know if it was addressed earlier, but here i go:

with updater it weights quite a lot: @ace folder = 143mb; @acex = 1,09gb... (those rars in .rsync/.pack/addons folders duoble the size)

Anyway to trick updater not to keep those downloaded rars?

(i just woke up and my still sleeping brains thought of such idea...)

Despite that, I started to like the updater. It's really very practical tool to maintain up to date status of the beta mod :)

P.S. can we get the exact code names of bulaklava, safety/tactitcal googles, gasmasks, so that we could know what to write in userconfig? ;)

Thanks a lot for your message.

The .gz files are required because those are the only files that exist on the rsync mirrors. (We use pre-compressed files because realtime-compression cranks up the serverload).

Without them on your computer, you wouldn't be able to enjoy the wonders of rSync realtime delta patching, the major feature and reason why we use it.

(So basically it's a trade-off; We save download and server-bandwidth, patch-time, and the whole lot, but it does eat a little bit more of your hopefully plenty space)

They are also used to repair addons in your modfolder, without any interaction or transfers required with the server.

The updater presentation hopefully explains some more :)

Edited by Sickboy

So I've been bust making my Seal Team Six campaigns compatible with ACE and I've come to this conclusion. Everything thing seems to work fine except for the changes made to the AI. The Vanilla game had it perfect in my opinion. Here's an example. With the default Ai the enemy can't see you in the dark standing at least 50 yards away. This however changes if the AI is using NVGs. In ACE 2 the AI can see you perfectly in the dark from upwards of 50 yards regardless of NVGs or not. This was tested in a open field with no light source on a cloudy night. So with this in mind I've had to scrub all my stealth missions because remaining undetected is impossible with ACE. Also if you engage an enemy silently who is at least 100 yards away or more from another enemy unit your cover will be blown regardless if the other enemy turns to you. It's like the Ai have an enhanced sense of awareness regardless of placing them to CARELESS. I hope they consider fixing this as I'm sure a lot of mission makers want to use stealth objectives in there campaigns.

I've also noticed that Ai can easily spot eachother when placed respectively at the sides of the town in Utes ( IE: lot of buildings in the middle )

So I've been busy making my Seal Team Six campaigns compatible with ACE and I've come to this conclusion. Everything seems to work fine except for the changes made to the AI. The Vanilla game had it perfect in my opinion. Here's an example. With the default Ai the enemy can't see you in the dark standing at least 50 yards away. This however changes if the AI is using NVGs. In ACE 2 the AI can see you perfectly in the dark from upwards of 50 yards regardless of NVGs or not. This was tested in a open field with no light source on a cloudy night. So with this in mind I've had to scrub all my stealth missions because remaining undetected is impossible with ACE. Also if you engage an enemy silently who is at least 100 yards away or more from another enemy unit your cover will be blown regardless if the other enemy turns to you. It's like the Ai have an enhanced sense of awareness regardless of placing them to CARELESS. I hope they consider fixing this as I'm sure a lot of mission makers want to use stealth objectives in there campaigns.

Didnt test this yet. Daytime AI impressed me though. But i agree. If its possible then being able to stealth must be reintroduced or a lot is lost. But im sure it will come. :)

Regarding AI issues: Make a ticket on the issue tracker and add a test mission showing the problem.

Didnt test this yet. Daytime AI impressed me though. But i agree. If its possible then being able to stealth must be reintroduced or a lot is lost. But im sure it will come. :)

Please verify the results with and without beta patch, as they did tweaking there too.

If you would like to save us time, temporary disabling one by one/pairs the ace_c_ai_** pbo's, to identify which influences the behaviour, could help a lot.

And like VKing; Tickets people. ACE Team works by tickets, no tickets, no work. No work, no fixes and additions :D

The reaction on the Mod is just like a new game released.

@sick1: I am definitely a fan of your Seals series as it uses soooo many new and interesting vehicles, weapons and characters. :) ACE mod is still beta, so I dun think its necessary to make SEALs ACE compliant yet as we are all still ACE's beta testers now. :)

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

You bet! anyone coming from ArmA1 or OFP would be waiting for this moment, even though its just beta and we are all testers now. :) In fact, I stayed up over 15 hours through the night so far studying this! :)

could someone post a link as to what page explains in detail how to get the goggles, gas mask to work please, sorry Im lazy to go back through 90 pages and look :D

I looked through. soo many , myself included, asked this same question... could we have some answers pleeeeease? :butbut:

The standard way. Nothing new. ACE always draw this much attention. Check ArmA ACE1 thread... :)

I looked through. soo many , myself included, asked this same question... could we have some answers pleeeeease?

Seriously? Are you serious? I just posted it last or 2 pages back...

This is getting old: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Googles&Mask_Setup

I looked through. soo many , myself included, asked this same question... could we have some answers pleeeeease? :butbut:

Click Search this thread, then type: Goggles.

I got this error when I launch arma:

"Include file x/cba/addons/main/script_macros_common.hpp not found."

any idea ?