Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

Help? Where can I find this file or fix this? I downloaded ACE and CBA, but not ACEX. I updated the ACE files using Six-Updater.

E: If it helps, all the folders, i.e. @ACE and beta, have a file, ".version", a foldier, ".rsync", containing ".pack" (which contains ".repository"), ".repository", and config. Maybe I did something wrong.

This happens when you had that folder prior to installing with sixupdater.

This is the worst part of the updater.

You need to rename that folder to userconfig_OLD

Update thru Rsync as you normally would.

It should create a new userconfig folder with ACE stuff in it.

Copy the folders in userconfig_OLD to the new userconfig.

Or manually add the folder to your ArmA2 folder. Save into Arma2 folder. http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/userconfig.7z

same can happen with @CBA if you had that folder before installing thru Rsync

Edited by Cross

Would it be a good idea to host a torrent of this? I think it would be a much better idea and I could super seed for a little bit to get things started.

Iam a friend of the Yoma Addon Sync soloutuion, will i become the updates over yoma too? Or is just the SixUpdater supported for coming updates?

Thanks for information :-)

First thank you for your effort to doing this great mod :)

Then little whining... it's great that client has updaters and all, but you guys should think server maintaining more. This mod has always been real nightmare to keep updated (and i mean paid servers where you dont have direct access) and there is almost none serverside information about files and ect. stuff (example in arma1 ace there were no mention about files that goes inside Dta-folder) :(

I don't know if this has been asked yet but is it possible to force the A.C.E. text and menus to English for the people that have the German version and don't speak German to well.

TY

First as all other, Thanks for an awesome mod and thank for putting all this effort in to it.

Now, one problem I'm getting:

Addon 'acex_c_men_usarmy' requires addon 'ace_c_gear'

Cant find it in any of the rars? Where can I get this?

Btw, awesome with the auto updater. Makes life so much easier if I just could get that ace_c_gear file :p

Remap it in the config. I have the same problem.

I don't know what the button does exactly though.

I've rebound the key and I can't get the interaction menu to come up.

Help!

how to lock onto armor and such when in Harrier with the bombs (we used to press tab, but nothing happens now)

how to use EASA module, i added the module but then say i must have hangar.

also, how I can get the menu up which says unmmount MG (the machine gun mounting, nice menu)

I had no trouble getting the mod to work but I agree with the people who say it should be simpler to install.

how to lock onto armor and such when in Harrier with the bombs (we used to press tab, but nothing happens now)

Look at your difficulty setting. ACE2 forces it to EXPERT. Roll back if you want to see the locks. Its there but you cant see it.

EASA Module: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#EASA_.28module.29

Please check the ACE2 FEATURE list over there before asking those questions here. They are all explained.

Morning :) Good to see everyone's been able to duplicate the first 50 pages, into the last 40 :D

Look at your difficulty setting. ACE2 forces it to EXPERT. Roll back if you want to see the locks. Its there but you cant see it.
I dont think we force anything to expert :)

If you're trying to lock-on laser-guided bombs, you'd better first get a buddy on the ground or in a vehicle with laser designator, and get the target painted :)

If it are free-fall bombs, afaik they are not supposed to be locked, as they're free-fall bombs.

Edited by Sickboy

Oh, but what about with AI? they don't seem to use it, thanks for reply guys..

would be nice to have some acex classnames. kinda impossible to make/edit missions right now :rolleyes:

really like all the content, awesome work!

would be nice to have some acex classnames. kinda impossible to make/edit missions right now :rolleyes:

really like all the content, awesome work!

Take a look at the documentation, the class lists are (at least partially) there.

here is my download mirror for ACE 2

ACE 2 DOWNLOAD MIRROR

how this works you download all the files and then once done put them all in one folder and unzip the zip and it will read the parts from thew Z files and your done then it will run the setup and install ACE 2

Just woke up and back for some testing :D

Checked the feature list, now there is some more info for the EASA module good :) but still it doesn't allow me to change weapon loadout for my aircraft :( i'll try to redownload the files just in case there is something wrong ( i got an error the first time but it seemed not to do anything. Is there any way to change loadout with a string of code in the init? I would like to use the godamn nuke :cool:

I can´t belive some of you spend the whole night in this Thread :eek:

But ACE is woth it!

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niBBT_9N0hI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niBBT_9N0hI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

I need some help placing the hand held nuke device.. more like, where do i find this?

Thank you Fox for the video :yay::yay: ( lol i just went trought the last 20 pages to see if someone did it )

Soo many pages of replies!

Issue that I have: I can't seem to stack/rotate the sandbags. They're on the ground, facing only one direction. I know that you can hit up/down to stack them, but that's not working, and I don't know of any other keys to rotate or put on vehicles.

Ok call me crazy but where can I find a hanger in the editor? I found "hanger 2" but I doesn't look like one of those massive metal things to me... also, guide me to work out this EASA module. I apologize if this is irritating...

Great mod by the way!!

could someone post a link as to what page explains in detail how to get the goggles, gas mask to work please, sorry Im lazy to go back through 90 pages and look :D

Soo many pages of replies!

Issue that I have: I can't seem to stack/rotate the sandbags. They're on the ground, facing only one direction. I know that you can hit up/down to stack them, but that's not working, and I don't know of any other keys to rotate or put on vehicles.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Sandbags

Use mouse plus holding either SHIFT or CTRL while scrolling mouse wheel for stacking or rotating.

Also remember guys that this is the FIRST BETA. Everything isnt TIP TOP everywhere. If you find something that doesnt work as it should then look at DevHeaven's ACE2 bug tracker to see if its mentioned. If not then raise a ticket about it and it will be fixed in an upcoming beta hopefully.

Edited by Alex72

could someone post a link as to what page explains in detail how to get the goggles, gas mask to work please, sorry Im lazy to go back through 90 pages and look :D

Read the FAQ.

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

Ok call me crazy but where can I find a hanger in the editor? I found "hanger 2" but I doesn't look like one of those massive metal things to me... also, guide me to work out this EASA module. I apologize if this is irritating...

Great mod by the way!!

The EASA module works with (at least) hangars already on the map.