Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Here is a little guide from the 386th, on an easy way to install ACE 2.

Download Yoma Arma Addon Sync here;

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/do...Beta1.0.43.msi

Install it and configure it to your Arma 2 folder. When you have finished configuring, the tool will download the latest Arma 2 beta patch if you don't have it. Once that is done, you can apply A.C.E 2.

1. Go to favorites.

2. Press New Server

3. Copy this into the "Auto config URL":

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/...mA2ACE-Repo.7z

OR

https://secure.storegate.se/User/sha...0-b1c48cb03544

4. Press "Import server"

5. Go to "Download addons" tab

6. Press Check for addons

7. Press Download addons

8. Wait

When it's done it should have created one or several mod folders in your ArmA 2 directory. You then need to go to your Arma 2 shortcut, and change the "target" to;

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

Can someone make a video of the B61 nuke? i was trying to get EASA to work but it's doesn't for me, please i would like to see cherna on fire :D

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niBBT_9N0hI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niBBT_9N0hI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

I need some help placing the hand held nuke device.. more like, where do i find this?

Yeah its all working THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

ive spent 4 hours with pufu alone trying to get this working LOL

if i could send some virtual beers off to you guys i would but ill keep then cold for you instead

brother, I understand how you feel. :( I felt the same way a few hours ago when the whole thing started...sigh... oh... do you know you need to run CBA in order for ACE to work? Did you download and enable CBA in your shortcut?

I did have CBA already installed, but someone else mentioned deleting it and reinstalling it which I did to no avail.

As for the shortcut, dunno. I have yet to get one made. I clicked on "Create Shortcut" on the config site, yet one never appears. I normally use the Arma 2 launcher, but that doesn't work for this.

I start the game by going into the updater, selecting 23 and like I said, it starts, but its just the normal Arma 2, not ACE.

Does anyone here know how I get ACE2 working on a dedicated server? Our group has two servers and I have been trying for hours to get it running (slightly stressed now and ready to spaz out).

Anyone please please help.

Do I need to change the server.cfg file? Which files do I need uploaded to the server? I can't find anything anywhere in relation to running ACE2 on a server.

I did have CBA already installed, but someone else mentioned deleting it and reinstalling it which I did to no avail.

As for the shortcut, dunno. I have yet to get one made. I clicked on "Create Shortcut" on the config site, yet one never appears. I normally use the Arma 2 launcher, but that doesn't work for this.

I start the game by going into the updater, selecting 23 and like I said, it starts, but its just the normal Arma 2, not ACE.

Brother, then I will have to let other more capable people here help you with that :(

Cancel that Im absolutely 100 % retarded, excuse my retardation...thanks

Does anyone here know how I get ACE2 working on a dedicated server? Our group has two servers and I have been trying for hours to get it running (slightly stressed now and ready to spaz out).

Anyone please please help.

Do I need to change the server.cfg file? Which files do I need uploaded to the server? I can't find anything anywhere in relation to running ACE2 on a server.

Check your PMs

follow the directions that are on the link that I provided. it should be saved into:

C: Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\userconfig

Well I'm using Steam, so it's under steammaps common, and there is no userconfig folder for me to put it in.

black1ron just make one up in youre make new file folder and call it userconfig

Well I'm using Steam, so it's under steammaps common, and there is no userconfig folder for me to put it in.

Yup, like SuperRat said. Make a folder name USERCONFIG. Then inside that folder make a folder named ACE. Stick all the files from the other userconfig folder in here and your good to go.

Why do these mods always come out on my first 12hr shift of 4:(

Looks like another sleepless night for me:D

black1ron just make one up in youre make new file folder and call it userconfig

hehe that actually worked. Thanks!

Thanks alot, ill relay the info to Rommel, he's a sleep afaik now though :O[/url]

Videos updated to include the steps from that quick start guide.

Please PM me if I've missed anything.

What do we do if we wish to use other sound mods? didn't see anything to change in config like in ACE1.

Umm the website your supposed to connect to for the Six updater is not loading. I keep getting a problem loading page error.

Umm the website your supposed to connect to for the Six updater is not loading. I keep getting a problem loading page error.

Its busy. I had the same issue as well, keep trying. Theres a lot of folks trying to use it.

No, I do not understand the new ACE2! ; (I downloaded from addonsynk, installed six updater, touch 1 entered as addmin .. menu axecyte. But getting errors when I should start ..

feil.jpg

Thank you PJ[CZ] who posted this a lot of pages ago!!

Follow these steps guys and it WILL work. One thing I would add is to use alpinestars arma2 launcher. I was getting a pixel error, but when I launched from Arma 2 launcher all worked fine...now to quit my job and play ACE2....thanks ACE team you rock!

So once we have it running what do we choose in the updater to synch with future updates, eg 1 ,2 ,3?

I just tried following that to the letter. (Minus the launcher)I actually thought I had it for a second. I go through Option 2 and all looks good. Everything is downloaded. When its finished and I exit and than go back and hit 23 start game, it begins loadeding and than it stops with the "Cannot find clientside config.hpp" file again.

I really thought this might do the trick, but it doesn't look like it now/

Error complining pixel shader PSTreeADV:0

I think you need the ArmA II beta for ACE2.

Can anyone tell me if the Addonsync version will update to the latest versions in the future like the normal way?