Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Hummina-hummina-hummina! I am so downloading this shiz, even though my computer overheats after 10 mins of ARMA, I don't care!

Rapid fire question, don't know if this has been asked in the thread yet but when the final release is released, will you have to redownload the whole thing again or will the updater handle it?

Edit: Hmm, that filesize is a LOT smaller than what I expected. Then again, I did just dl Project Reality. >1gb is the norm for me now.

Edited by CW001

ACE now works, but why there is no sounds when giving orders to the squad?

I noticed this too, everythign else works perfectly. :) Very much appreciated.

How do I equip gas masks and balaclavas and that stuff?

Dead3yez, crawler75

Please refrain from quoting images, even if they are just 5 kb

Pushed the post one page further.

+1 infraction for spamming the forums. I'm sure people find this thread even without you or anyone else spamming the thread to bump it.

Thanks for making this addon but you updater software is fucking retarded.

+1 infraction for that.

Sorry guys, but I had to remove my mirror. You guys were downloading so hard, that the server crashed three times. :)

Virtual machines and fair-share scheduling FTW.

To get voices and radio you have to go to ARMA2/userconfig/ACE, and in there is a file: ace_clientside_config.hpp

Open it up with notepad and the line saying: #define ACE_NOVOICE make sure to add 2 slashes in front to disable NOVOICE.

Like this: //#define ACE_NOVOICE

In that file you have other things you can turn on/off.

the installation is a real mess.

Its not a mess. Start the updater and then press "1". This takes you to a website where you specify what files you want it to update. It is saved and you only have to do it once. After that you just start the updater and run the INSTALL/UPDATE - done.

Very neat.

Edited by Alex72

hi i have a problem the radio communication is not sound that should these? leave virgin addons folder and still was the same: S

todo lo demas funciona bien

pls help

Read above you please. I just wrote how.

Can someone please just mirror a normal modfolder, it's so much more simpler.

For me this Six Updater causes more irritation, more programs I don't necessarly need and more time to get @ACE and @ACEX to the correct folder.

However. It does eliminate issues where people place the folders wrong and so forth, pain of uploading each day on X number of FTPs (possible torrents) and keeping your files updated at any given time, but there is no control over what is happening.

This is just beta of course so I understand why it's done this way. I'm hoping once the final version is here it will be distributed both normal and trough a auto-updater.

Well, enough about distrubution from me. Lets play! :yay:

Edited by colossus
speleeng :p

what is the ACE Key?

and how to use fastroping? i tried being on mh60s cargo and being pilot and crew chief and no fastrope option, and i synced the fastrope module to the player

Can anyone else adjust the scopes of sniper rifles etc? Maybe its not in yet?

I finally got it working, by following the quick start guide. The problem with the videos on the first page is that they dont show how to edit the presets, and not doing this (when starting from scratch) means you wont get anywhere.

Edited by fireship4

This is just beta of course so I understand why it's done this way. I'm hoping once the final version is here it will be distributed both normal and trough a auto-updated.

Well, enough about distrubution form me. Lets play! :yay:

Just finished the download, when i try to run the game, as beta i get an erro "Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0"

Is this related to the beta patch?

Best regards

Edit:

Nvm, already fixed the problem. =)

I got the same problem when tried to run with handmade shortcut.

Used the Six Updater option 23- Start Updater-Start Game and worked :yay:

I finally got it working, by following the quick start guide. The problem with the videos on the first page is that they dont show how to edit the presets, and not doing this (when starting from scratch) means you wont get anywhere.

Thanks alot, ill relay the info to Rommel, he's a sleep afaik now though :O

Same problem

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Googles&Mask_Setup

Can anyone else adjust the scopes of sniper rifles etc? Maybe its not in yet?

Works fine for me mate:- shift+v for rifles.

How can i use a Gasmask or Tactical Goggle?

Do this:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Googles&Mask_Setup

Then when you select the eyewear/masks from an ammo box you should get an option to put them on in the action menu.

I admit, I was a raving lunatic trying to figure out the updater, but now that I did it--just like needles--I went "hmm, not so bad after all".

I just tested it, and fell even more in love with AA2 thanks to ACE. It's been so long for me though, that I have to re-learn some things, but that's always the fun part--exploring and testing things out.

All I can say is thank you so very much to the ACE team. Already you can see how much passion goes into this project. :)

You all deserve a round fellas. :)

I just want to know where to found the mod in a "normal" plain mod format.

I don't want to use any loader or updater by choice and some people around are feeling the same.

I just want one reliable source for I have already spent hours downloading/uploading files corruped from DevHeaven ... and I don't like the feeling .... :banghead:

I don't want to use any loader or updater by choice and some people around are feeling the same.

I just want one reliable source for I have already spent hours downloading/uploading files corruped from DevHeaven ... and I don't like the feeling .... :banghead:

this^^^^

whoever decided it was a good idea to launch the mod this way should be run over by a truck

There probably won't be a "normal" release of ACE2 unless someone apart from the team bothers to make one.

If you're getting frustrated I suggest you go do something else for a while and try the http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Quickstart when there isn't so much traffic.