Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I did everything as i should,

but i keep getting:

"including file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Hoteldebotel

Rerun the updater process once, then manually copy ArmA 2\@ACE\Userconfig\**

to:

ArmA 2\Userconfig\ACE\

On that mirror it says its only ~ 60mb, is this true? (Just for @ACE not the others?)

Yep, something around that size. It's ACEX that's space-demanding ^^

I did everything as i should,

but i keep getting:

"including file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Hoteldebotel

This happens when you had that folder prior to installing with sixupdater.

This is the worst part of the updater.

You need to rename that folder to userconfig_OLD

Update the Preset as you would.

It should create a new userconfig folder with ACE stuff in it.

Copy the folders in userconfig_OLD to the new userconfig.

Or manually add the folder to your ArmA2 folder http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/userconfig.7z

Edited by Cross

Did you set up a new preset and add the cba,ace & acex mods to it? Seems you forgot to add the mods on the preset screen ;)

thanks yeah that worked! thanks for the help you guys! :yay: good support! :D

I may have missed a bit and it's probably an obvious answer to it, but do I need to do the Edit part on both Vanilla and Beta? (i.e. @ACE, @ACEX)

If it is a huge difference in config between what is being used for vanilla or beta. Which I suppose it small or nothing in compare.

And I did miss a bit of the text ;)

Edited by colossus

Sure you can download the release version as a packed file, but you need to install and use the updater to hold it up to date too.

So there is no way around if you want play ace online...

by the way there is a good step by step guide in the other thread, mom i will post it for you again:

As i said, i understand perfectly how it works. Its just the fact it could have been done way better. Should a program for updating something really require a video tutorial on how to use? Seriously?

This EASA Module is wicked! I love the stuff for mission makers. Thanks again fellas! I can't imagine anyone bitching about this content, unlike ACE1. That was a damn shame. Hopefully people will enjoy ACE(X)2 like I have thus far. Brilliant!

I downloaded everything but I find these files in folders

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACEX\.rsync\.pack\addons

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\.rsync\.pack\addons

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CBA\.rsync\.pack\addons

all the file's are .pbo.gz?? :confused: confused

Added Rommel's excellent Six Updater Suite Videos, to the first post!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91500

Watch em while they're still hot from the press lads! :D

Thanks a lot to all the people helping / supporting this to go as effortless as possible!

sickboy please :)

You're at Step #2: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Quickstart :)

Edited by Sickboy

@Sickboy you'll need to fix the userconfig issue..

Many will have userconfig in their folder due to CAA1 and many other addons. Renaming & Updating dosn not seem to solve it. Only solution seems to be manual addition of the folder.

Can't you guys just release this thing as a normal addon. I have already pissed off my friends by making them download all kinds of addons which we only used once or twice. They are sick of the idea of downloading something extra for every mission we play. I can't even imagine to get them to try this one if you actually need a youtube tutorial video just for the installation alone.

.gz u can easy extract with winRar and woala now are normal pbos

Thanks mate, you solved all of my problems

and now I can tell my friends how to do now :D

Yes.

Its possible to download the 7z file.Discompact it, extratc to your ArmA II folder and run the Resync tool later.

I had downloaded ACE from a mirror provided on this thread, extracted @ACE and the Six Updater sayd its has ok.

@Sickboy you'll need to fix the userconfig issue..

Many will have userconfig in their folder due to CAA1 and many other addons. Renaming & Updating dosn not seem to solve it. Only solution seems to be manual addition of the folder.

Ticket please? At some point it's going to be impossible fishing them all out you know ;)

Can't you guys just release this thing as a normal addon. I have already pissed off my friends by making them download all kinds of addons which we only used once or twice. They are sick of the idea of downloading something extra for every mission we play. I can't even imagine to get them to try this one if you actually need a youtube tutorial video for installation.
Redistribution is free:

Get it setup once, setup a Yoma Addon Sync server or pack the addons, and distribute them to your friends.

All our argumentation and background on the distribution methods have been posted in the past few days, please read up on those if any questions.

Edited by Sickboy

will this get up on Armaholic anytime soon, so we can get it the good old fashioned way, without all this shinanigans.

great work guys, I cant wait to get this going, thanks for all your hard work!

When i click execute in "main" i get this.

The program seems to be already running. Please wait/close the other application first.

If you believe this is in error, please delete C:/Program Files/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid

Only one instance of theupdate is running.

Chrisgs, I believe that is the intention, however someone has yet to upload it.

And the purpose of the updater is so you can test the beta, and ensure it stays updated with new fixes during the testing period.

When i click execute in "main" i get this.

The program seems to be already running. Please wait/close the other application first.

If you believe this is in error, please delete C:/Program Files/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid

Only one instance of theupdate is running.

You may have closed the program prior due to a mistake, follow the instructions it gives you and try again.

I am glad I put in the effort to understand the updater BEFORE this addon was released. its downloading slow, but im happy to have gotten the rsynch/updater to work. thanks for your wiki, all the information was there...;)

I strongly support everyone whining about the distribution method. For an initial release you should offer both regular and rsynch methods. I tried using the sixupdater but the "vanilla" preset do not appear on the "main" screen. When i tried using the "beta" preset when executing the app told me its running (even though the game was not).