Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

When i press 1 the browser does not open. I did also try to open the two "Ip" links in the step by step but its not working either!

Awesome now online play will become enjoyable again like it was in ArmA when ACE was released! Thank you all for your hard work and continued support! LoL my connection went over my allowed usage so now its cut back to 64kbs..... had to happen to day... oh well least its bed time here so i should have it by morning! Oh and the updater is very nice once i figured it out very easy.

sometimes the updater loading here with 30 kb/sek, then it may help to stop it and run it again. After this it loaded full speed again.

But maybe this time it happend because too much ppl try dl it after release.

Sorry Sickboy, another slight problem. :)

I have managed to follow what u have said and the instructions now, i;ve added ACE/ACEX/CBA to my beta preset.

The problem is, when i hit execute, the dos window appears and runs through the 3 mods, but comes up with no updates for each mod. I selected install or update, as of yet i dont have anything installed at all. It just runs through and then asks me to hit enter to exit.

Any ideas?

For those that doesn't know how to download it:

I am still downloading the files, so i don't know if i have done it right.

First thing to do is to download the SIX Updater.

2° Install and launch it.

3° type 1 and press enter. Wait it to load and open in your browser.

4° Click configuration in the right side of the screen. Put the Login and pass and click synchronize.

5° Go over Configuration and click Presets. Choose beta or vanilla and click edit.

6° Scroll down until "Mods". Between "Create Another" and "Add Existingâ€. Chose Ace, AceX and other mods of your own choice.

7° Click Update.

8° Click "Main" in the right side of the screen. Change "Action" to "install or update, and start game"

9° Click "Execute" Now just wait until it downloads everything.

Best regards

When i press 1 the browser does not open. I did also try to open the two "Ip" links in the step by step but its not working either!

I am using xp64 and firefox default browser.

im stuck at

Trying Rsync://64.34.164.115/rel/acex/.

and i disabled Nod32 antivirus and firewall

This is the most complicated thing ever, why didn't you guys provide a guide? or simply just use HTTP and have a .exe to install, much easier.

Can someone please provide a step by step guide?

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

AEF mirrors up http://gs01.games.gs.plat.net.au/~arma/mods/@ACE2/

only have core and CBA so far, extras is still downloading, will be uploaded as soon as they are done

Ok thank you, what to do once I've downloaded that? can you help, thanks.

For those with web-client issues, please download either of these files, depending on if you wanna use the beta patch or not, save it in your Six-Updater installation folder, and launch option '2' from the launcher. See how that goes :)

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Edited by Sickboy

sorry but this is really nonsense...

yoma downloader worked like charme, but this webside connecting with dos windows and stuff is really a bit ..strange.

First Run using WebUI:

1. Install the updater.

2. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Note to Vista/7 UAC users: Please run the application "As Administrator" (Right click)

Page may take a bit long to show...wait for it.

Setting-up

3. Click on Configuration (Not anything in the submenu).

4. Click Synchronize, you don't need a username or password, some text will appear when it's done.

5. Click Settings in the submenu of Configuration and make sure updater correctly found & setup your Arma2 folder

6. Click Presets in the submenu of Configuration.

7. Choose a preset (Vanilla should be OK) and click the Edit button to the right of it.

8. Scroll down to Mods and add the mods you want the updater to manage by choosing them from the list and clicking Add Existing. (You will need to add CBA, ACE, ACEX )

9. Press Update, below, when done.

10. Do the steps 3-8 for Beta Preset if you want to use beta with ACE as well.

Installing/Updating

11. Click on Main.

12. Select the Preset you edited (Vanilla/Beta), then Install or Update (or Install or Update, and Start Game) from the Action list.

13. Click Execute.

The updater will now install the selected mods.

For updating ACE,ACEX,CBA without WebUI

1. Start the Updater and select item 2. This update all the mods you've setup.

For updating ACE,ACEX,CBA using WebUI

1. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Note to Vista/7 UAC users: Please run the application "As Administrator" (Right click)

Page may take a bit long to show...wait for it. It starts in the "Main" Screen

2. Select the preset you want to update (Vanilla or Beta)

3. Select Install/Update

4. Click Execute

****Note that you'll need to remove the CBA in your Arma2 folder and re-download with the updater for the first installation. So that you can update CBA later with the updater.

****If it is taking too long for you using FireFox. Fire up IE and enter http://localhost:16333. FF is unusable for me but it is running as it should using IE.

Any chance we can have a step by step guide Gents?

Thanks,

Hellfire

Quickstart

First Run:

1. Install the updater.

2. Download any 7z base files for the mods you want (like ACE/X) and place them in the updater folder (default is c:\program files\six-updater\).

3. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

4. Click on Configuration (Not anything in the submenu).

5. Click Synchronize, you don't need a username or password, some text will appear when it's done.

6. Click Presets in the submenu of Configuration.

7. Choose a preset and click the Edit button to the right of it.

8. Scroll down to Mods and add the mods you want the updater to manage by choosing them from the list and clicking Add Existing.

9. Press Update, below, when done.

10. Click on Main.

11. Select the Preset you edited, then Install or Update (or Install or Update, and Start Game) from the Action list.

12. Click Execute.

The updater will now install the selected mods.

its all there on their wiki, links have been provided, just spend some effort more than click once. I spent 90 minutes trying before I posted a question, but I am tenacious ;)

For those with web-client issues, please download either of these files, depending on if you wanna use the beta patch or not, save it in your Six-Updater installation folder, and launch option '2' from the launcher. See how that goes :)

* Beta

* Vanilla

links not working

Thanks a lot for all the support on the updater, with guides, and ppl helping eachother.

Mirrors are also slowly heating up: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE2#Downloads

Keep it up people! Sharing is caring!

what login or password?

You dont need any.

links not working
Try rightclick, save as. Edited by Sickboy

For those that doesn't know how to download it:

I am still downloading the files, so i don't know if i have done it right.

First thing to do is to download the SIX Updater.

2° Install and launch it.

3° type 1 and press enter. Wait it to load and open in your browser.

4° Click configuration in the right side of the screen. Put the Login and pass and click synchronize.

5° Go over Configuration and click Presets. Choose beta or vanilla and click edit.

6° Scroll down until "Mods". Between "Create Another" and "Add Existingâ€. Chose Ace, AceX and other mods of your own choice.

7° Click Update.

8° Click "Main" in the right side of the screen. Change "Action" to "install or update, and start game"

9° Click "Execute" Now just wait until it downloads everything.

Best regards

No, it doesn't.

I follow these steps and in the end i have this error:

"Returned Message:

The program seems to be already running. Please wait/close the other application first.

If you believe this is in error, please delete C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid"

* Beta

* Vanilla

(If problem downloading, try right-click save-as)

This worked for me, thanks.

please delete C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid"

:)

Xeno