Sign in to follow this  
LordHorusNL

Beta patch error

Ever since i installed the last 2 beta patches i've had this error pop-up whenever i try and start the game. The game tries to start up and then fall back to desktop.

betaerror.jpg

Anybody else get this error?

Search is actually working in the forum buddy. :)

i had same issue. but when i start using the beta launch .exe in the main file directory it works fine.

I usually only see errors like that when there is a problem in the shortcut line.

Can you post what reads there?

It does not seem to be a shortcut problem. When executing the game from the beta patch map i get this error.

betaerror2.jpg

Edited by LordHorusNL

Maybe not but we'll never know if you don't post it :p

The reason I ask is because if the -mod=beta parameter isn't in the shortcut, even the Beta launch shortcut, I get a similar 'pixel' error.

Right you are. No other mods present in the directory, no other addons installed in the standard addon folder and as you can see nothing except the beta in the target line.

I thought it might be because of some non-bis addon in the addon folder but its all pure in there.

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=beta

always using a launcher, but I think it should read :

...\Games\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe -mod=beta; there are two different .exes, one in root dir and ,well, one in beta.

Edited by malibu.stacey

indeed, as malibu stacey said. you point to the arma2 executable in the beta dir.

HOWEVER, make sure your "start in" directory is your arma2 dir, not arma2/beta.

MS is right. That's what I wanted to see if the Beta was in both locations of the shortcut.

@LordHorusNL

My suggestion: get a launcher. No mistakes (missing ";" and the like) and easy addon managment. I´d go nuts if I had to type mine. :D

C:\Spiele\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe -mod=beta;@cba;x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1;@landtex;@misc;@islands;@proper;@weapons;@units;@sound;@ai;@new3rdperson -nosplash -winxp -world=empty -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -maxMem=2047

Edited by malibu.stacey