Sign in to follow this  
SpiritedMachine

Change in-game unit name

I have changed the description for some of my units for a multiplayer game. In the lobby they show up fine, but in game, when you aim at a player, it shows the name of the type of unit you placed in the editor. "Rifleman", or "Saboteur", etc. Can you change that name somehow?

I've searched for this and couldn't find an answer, maybe I just didn't search hard enough.

Thanks in advance.

I've just been looking at that myself http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setIdentity

you will have to reload the mission for the desription.ext file to take effect.

I you give the unit a name soldierone remove the underscore ie soldier1 setIdentity "John_Doe" then his name should change to "John Bartholemew Doe"

The once you get it working you can pick your own names.

But every time you change Discription you need to reload the mission.

Edited by F2k Sel

You can't change it. The name in the friendly/enemy tags depends on the unit name set in its config.

You can't change it. The name in the friendly/enemy tags depends on the unit name set in its config.

Are you sure, when I talk to the unit it's using the new name and displays that name in the map as well.

I'm not sure what friendly enemy tag is though.

Are you sure, when I talk to the unit it's using the new name and displays that name in the map as well.

I'm not sure what friendly enemy tag is though.

If you read the OP, the feature in question is obviously the tag that shows up on lower difficulty levels showing the side and type of the unit you are aiming at.