Sign in to follow this  
Aelin

enpower hc module

it is one of the best a2 features,but it has to reach a more mature level:add more command for units,e.g.,mount/dismount vehicles,paradrop,rearm at crates,..

for now you can just order "move there" and "attack there"((((((

Yep, HC could need more love... One other feature I like is the SITREP. If it will be enhanced later own, it could be made to show ammo count for that group also, so we can pull them back and rearm them

The high command module creates waypoints on the fly, if you left click one of these WP's you get a few options similar to editor placed WP's.

I tried to use HC to make a usmc rifle squad "work" but the results are not very good, HC is just meant to work at platoon co and above..

About wp, it would be nice just to place WP first then at a click of a button (commit) then the AI will execute the WP. As of now, it is to much like RTS, and I had to quickly click and right click the wp for them to wait so I could make a coordinated movement/attack

I agree, this needs to be expanded upon. HC is one of the features that makes Arma 2 especially worthwhile to me, but right now, it´s just a big frustration-fest.

Among other things the System needs things like:

-Unit Status indicator needs more info (Ammo, are they mounted/dismounted, fuel and readyness status.)

-More control and coordination. (No need to place waypoints to make a Unit perform an action, such as wait, dismount/mount, guard, etc.)

-Better Feedback: Units acknowledging Orders in a more precise manner, reporting enemy sightings directly, updating on their progress (ie, reporting that they´re taking fire or casualties, that they are engaging the enemy, that they are withdrawing, etc.)

-Working chain of command (Right now it seems to be non-functional. I built a Combat Brigade, and subordinates wouldn´t pass orders below.)

-Better response to commands. (I noticed that AI sometimes ignore the waypoint type, such as mount/dismount, or do not alter their movement speed when ordered.)

-Enemy AI also using the system against you (This is probably too high a demand, but what could be done, for example, is limit the HC AI to a very low rate of cycles, updating its situational awareness every 30 seconds only, and performing actions every 10.)

If Warfare also gets polished up, a great game will become fantastic. I realize this is a lot to ask for, but I would hope that at least Operation Arrowhead will receive a big update in this field too. I would pay an extra ten bucks and wait two months longer for that too 8)

Cheers

Sorry to bump this year old threa... HC is a really good tool, and I think it would be too much of a waste.

Another idea I had is quick stop command for the HC subordinates. I think cancel all WP command should do the job, but the AI still continue on with their WP. maybe a bug? I get the feeling that HC didnt receive much attention in the development much

Oh yeah I know that brother. What I mean I don't want to be 'limited' to just what they want me to use. I may like to have a Mk.17 CCO with suppressor, Holo and EGLM (Mk.13) or make a DMR out of a Mk.17 or a machine gun by adding 100 round C-Mag. You know stuff like that, like how Ghost Recon AW has their weapon load outs menus.

This is the third post ive seen you spew out that totally unrelated nonsense, are you seriously hungover or a bot?

Edit: wth?? no posts by zhengwei0....... was i the hungover one? lol

Edited by Demonized

I would like the HC interface to also provide more specific information about a unit, such as number of troops and troop type, composed of what vehicles if any, as well as casualties. For now the only way I know of to find out exactly what a unit is composed of is if I actually walk up to the unit's location to look at them, which is not reasonable if you have several units over a large area, and certainly not something a higher level commander does.

The ability to combine and split units would be great as well. If a unit has taken heavy casualties, and is no longer combat effective by itself, I want to be able to integrate these guys into another existing unit so they can be useful again, or to be able to add a couple of guys to a unit to reinforce them, perhaps give them a vehicle to help them out. Conversely, I may also want to split a unit into two or more units, attempting to flank if I have no other units available, etc. All in all, the ability to transfer troops between the units under your command. The reasons to do so won't be the same every time, but being able to do them will add more dimension to HC.

Edited by DillonAero

I would like the HC interface to also provide more specific information about a unit, such as number of troops and troop type, composed of what vehicles if any, as well as casualties. For now the only way I know of to find out exactly what a unit is composed of is if I actually walk up to the unit's location to look at them, which is not reasonable if you have several units over a large area, and certainly not something a higher level commander does.

You can already do this by selecting the unit use radio command 0-8-1 (SITREP) I think

But to add to those SITREP, I would like to know their ammo status as well, which is currently no way to know if they have enough ammo or not