Sign in to follow this  
_Xanix_

Air vehicles need CHAFFs and FLAREs !!!

When I play online, generaly I use helicopeters and airplanes.

There are lots and lots of AA weapons to kill us...I and others die a lot.

So, Why Air units don't have chafs and flares to try to spoof the AA missiles?

They should be added to increase Survivability!

Best regards,

_Xanix_

Yes we all know about the flare addons. What we need is for it to be in the game to begin with. It shouldn't be that hard. IMO this is one of the biggest features that ArmA and ArmA 2 lack.

Yes we all know about the flare addons. What we need is for it to be in the game to begin with. It shouldn't be that hard. IMO this is one of the biggest features that ArmA and ArmA 2 lack.

^This

Addons are always great, but the lack of basic aircraft counter measures in the vanilla game = BI FAIL.

Another reason not to buy Operation Arrowhead if they are excluded yet again.

Addons are always great, but the lack of basic aircraft counter measures in the vanilla game = BI FAIL.

Another reason not to buy Operation Arrowhead if they are excluded yet again.

Oh please! Where do you people come from? If they put that in you'd still be complaining about every other next thing on your 'can't live without' list. At what point have BIS delivered enough for your $50? If you can't see what's already included for the bargain it is you'll never be happy. What I got for my $50 = BI WIN and Operation Arrowhead will be equally worth every cent.

Oh please! Where do you people come from? If they put that in you'd still be complaining about every other next thing on your 'can't live without' list. At what point have BIS delivered enough for your $50? If you can't see what's already included for the bargain it is you'll never be happy. What I got for my $50 = BI WIN and Operation Arrowhead will be equally worth every cent.

The lack of CM in the default game has been an issue since day one. If you've ever spent any serious time flying in ArmA you'd know that.

AO is "worth" a new map and some army units (which can be had for free if you already use mods). /yawn What I expect are improvements to the actual game (and yeah, to me that would include aircraft because I spend 90% of my time flying CAP over my squad). Counter measures are top of my list (but you're right, BI could also fix some other things that I've already paid for: like the C-130 nose gear and cargo door for example).

ymmv

I fully agree with this topic subject! Chaff and specially FLARE countermasures MUST BE at least in Arrowhead (as stock)! And yes, they should have been included in ArmA2 to start with and not as a MOD.

And yes, it's UNFORGIVABLE that a modern-day/near-future combat sim doesn't model Chaff and flare countermasures in their aircraft - Hell, even the crappy Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising have them!!

I have the same oppinion as Thirdup, if Operation Arrowhead doesn't include Chaff and flare countermasures they it's very likely that I will not purchase it! And this time BIS doesn't have the "time constraint" excuse!

Thank you for the link.

Great addon!

Best regards,

_Xanix_

The lack of CM in the default game has been an issue since day one.

Counter-measures in vanilla ArmA would be great but were they I've no doubt you'd be equally outraged at the some other omission. It's your sense of entitlement that disturbs me, your God-given right to have an entire Battlefied modelled in perfect detail (around your starring role as squad flyboy) for just $50 and cry 'FAIL' when Santa doesn't cough-up everything on your list. The truly vital feature that is included is the (unparalleled) facility for users to improve all aspects themselves, including several options for counter-measures, but still you complain. You will of course buy Arrowhead regardless.

LOL. Sense of entitlement? A) this is the suggestions forum B) it’s certainly my right to decide if I’ll purchase OA based on whatever factors I see fit.

The addition of countermeasures is a win/win. It would toss a bone to the players who fly in-game (an aspect of ArmAII that’s received little love from the dev team since it’s inclusion). CM are simple addition (all the components are already in-game). They can be applied to all current aircraft (of which all are capable of deploying CM in real life).

Operation Arrowhead is going to be a mod pack. Don’t expect any game-changing features. You’ll still be able to kill a tank with a machine gun (but doing so is going to sound TOTALLY AWESOME thanks to the new machinegun sound fx!!!!) /eyeroll What OA truly presents to the customer is a chance to include some cool addons from BI. We’ll get new sounds, new units, new map, etc (all of which are really just addons). There may be some other fluffy new features, but for the most part it’s addons. And if there was ever a place to suggest to BI which addons they put into OA it would be the “suggestion†forum.

You will of course buy Arrowhead regardless.

That will remain to be seen. Of the twenty-or-so in our ArmA squad, not a single copy of "Queen's Gambit" was purchased (to include myself). Nobody really saw the value in it. But sell me on OA and I'll sell my squad on it, I assure you.

btw: my squad consists entirely of "flyboys" who have flown together since AirWarrior in the early 90's (I'm hardly the starring role, just prefer to fly close air support over playing ground ops).

I completely agree with this, there is absolutely no way to defend yourself in a plane from these attacks in fact its like telling us to fly a plane without wings! There probably hasn't been a fighter jet since the 50s that hasn't had a chaff/flare package on it, its a VITAL part of the combat planes systems as much as wings are. Its not a 'nice to have' option..this is a COMBAT game and you expect to fly into combat without the standard equipment, its annoying & frustrating to lack this equipment. All I love doing is providing CAS in the few servers that dont nerf the planes completely...:mad:

btw: my squad consists entirely of "flyboys" who have flown together since AirWarrior in the early 90's (I'm hardly the starring role, just prefer to fly close air support over playing ground ops).

Then maybe this is not the game for you.

Then maybe this is not the game for you.

That would be odd, because we've been playing OFP/ArmA/ArmA2 since it began.

Now scurry along and get ACE2 finished.

;p