Sign in to follow this  
ker8er0s

Stay in your vehicle!

Im wondering how I can prevent a unit from leaving a vehicle, its basically for a taxi script, (player gets in, driver joins player, player gets out, driver joins null) but I dont want the driver to be able to disembark even when ordered.

Any clues folks?

thanks

Try to add a trigger.

Condition:

taxiguy != driver taxicar

On Act.:

taxiguy moveInDriver taxicar

I tried the trigger and that seemed to work most of the time but was quite temperamental.

It was basically a little script im working on that gives you a LAVHQ that you can ask to come to your position, it will allow you to buy infantry up to a limit of 3 and update your support (UAV, artillery etc).

In the end i just locked the vehicle and stopped the player being able to use it, so its purely a portable armory/support vehicle.

Cheers for the help guys, I will send you the code/files if you lie the idea and want to modify it for yourself.

you know, you could avoid telling the driver to disembark.. unless that completely breaks your mission. And I guess if you do you can always tell him to get it again.. ?

The lockdriver thing just might work, have abandoned the idea of letting the player drive the MHQ but that will be handy for the C130J im working on.

Thanks again folks.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Just tested, didnt work, the units will disembark but cant get back in the driver seat.

No worries folks, as i say the MHQ is coming along nicely without allowing the player to drive it, makes the missions more intense, ahving to call it over and holding your ground while it arrives, then hiring troops, getting artillery and UAV and fighting back =)

Cheers all.

disableAI "MOVE" seems to only affect them after they dismount vehicle, they stay real close to vehicle

Hi all!

Has anyone found some kind of workaround for this problem? I´ve tried all commands mentioned in this thread, to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Bbq.

I am not an expert too, but you could lock the vehicle.

I was looking into this a while back. Lock won't prevent people getting out, but it will prevent people getting in.

Actually, it will do both (locking, that is). While inside, it will stop you from being able to get out. That's how they kept you locked up in that ooold ancient OFP mission with the pilot after getting shot down :)

So: Enter car normally, car1 lock true, [driver car1] join player, order car to drive wherever, add an action "Pay for ride and get out", [driver car1] join grpnull, car1 lock false.

Easy peasy.

Regards,

Wolfrug

Ok, I should´ve been more specific ...

In my case I need a civilian to drive a car to a marker. But he keeps leaving the vehicle at random occasions, especially when shots are fired. DisableAI didn´t work as I expected.

Any ideas?

I solved it in UPSMON with command stop:

stop true in all crew

and stop false when leaves vehicle.

look at in MON_functions.sqf

Interesting Mod you´ve got there.

The stop command does indeed work for most situations. Only when the destination is arrived, he still disembarks. I just added a getInDriver command as a workaround. For now it´s sufficient.

Thanks!