Why are use using \ca ? Never put your or other modmaker stuff to \ca folder (!), thats BIS stuff. Use your own or root folder on P:\

p.s. of course you can use objects from P:\ca\, the default BIS stuff.

Why are use using \ca ? Never put your or other modmaker stuff to \ca folder (!), thats BIS stuff. Use your own or root folder on P:\

p.s. of course you can use objects from P:\ca\, the default BIS stuff.

in visitor 3, project prefences , folder objects, ive put in , ca ,can you tell me please what to put in this space thank you.

@Berghoff... Have you tried using 'TreeAdv' and 'TreeAdvTrunk' for an OA variation of your models? Of course they may not be appropriate given the difference in poly counts 'tween plants_e and your stuff.

Hmmm, I wonder if someone is willing to detail what they bring to the table graphically speaking?

Edited by Synide

Island makers that are using Berghoff's pack beware: this latest v1.20 version changes couple of object heights (such as elephant grass) so you need to recompile your island.

Island makers that are using Berghoff's pack beware: this latest v1.20 version changes couple of object heights (such as elephant grass) so you need to recompile your island.

in visitor 3, project prefences , folder objects, ive put in , ca ,can you tell me please what to put in this space thank you.

I recommend you get the basics first with tutorials.

In project preferences I have:

projpref.jpg

Berghoff: it seems the latest version still "features" couple of branches and leaves that are able to stop tank sabot rounds? Can you please take a look in your MLODs?

I am currently working on an update. Any more things I overlooked that needs fixing?

So far I have reports of:

- two Carrisa plants are able to stop most of the vehicles going 50+ strong

- recheck pls the penetration on the smaller plants, they are able to stop sabot rounds

- please play around with the saturation/hue of the bigger plants (such as canopy trees) if you're able to receieve a more realistic look

Absolutely beautiful stuff!

I don't suppose anyone has taken screenshots of these to go with the class definitions?

I don't suppose anyone has taken screenshots of these to go with the class definitions?

They're all ready-defined in WorldTools along with pictures...

B

A good new, for us "tree lovers", to know you are still working on the African Foliage.

I will just add, I am still unable to use "brg_jungle_shrub_2" because in game the bush is displaying it's lods not it's foliage.

Vegetation for Duala & Lingor is improved and the addon will be added in the packages.

A good new, for us "tree lovers", to know you are still working on the African Foliage.

I will just add, I am still unable to use "brg_jungle_shrub_2" because in game the bush is displaying it's lods not it's foliage.

Yup, I have the same problem. Also seeing some flickering in some of the _shrub and _canopy. This is on a pretty small test section... maybe my video card is dying? :butbut:

Nope Oktyabr, i have the same issue on my test swamp... so it should not be the card ;)

Berghoff if it helps you this is what i see in my .log file.

brg_africa\brg_jungle_shrub_3.p3d: wrong land flags 800

brg_africa\brg_jungle_groundcover_1.p3d: wrong land flags 800

SW keep height animation used for brg_africa\brg_jungle_shrub_1.p3d

brg_africa\brg_jungle_shrub_1.p3d: wrong land flags 800

brg_africa\brg_jungle_shrub_5.p3d: wrong land flags 800

brg_africa\brg_jungle_groundcover_2.p3d: wrong land flags 800

SW keep height animation used for brg_africa\brg_jungle_shrub_2.p3d

brg_africa\brg_jungle_shrub_2.p3d: wrong land flags 800

and some screens:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4664/arma2oa2011030401421960.jpg

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3122/arma2oa2011030401422040.jpg

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/7132/arma2oa2011030401422095.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1088/arma2oa2011030401422160.jpg

(Screenshots taken from same spot and rapidly taken within a second)

Check first post, Berghoff updated his foliage to 1.23 (the one included with Duala 1.9 or newer).

Do these plants include view blockers? It seems like the AI can see right through them.

Thanks Berghoff for all you have given the community since ofp.

Sit back and enjoy a game or 2 :)

Does the viewblock work?
Do these plants include view blockers? It seems like the AI can see right through them.

I agree, it does seem like from the AI's perspective that the trees just arent there.

Can anyone please confirm if this is the case or not. Thankyou. :)

Yay! New version!

Sorry to hear you are hanging up your gardening tools though Berghoff! Who will carry the torch? I'd sure like to see an asian twist (rice, bamboo, bamboo, more bamboo)

I agree, it does seem like from the AI's perspective that the trees just arent there.

Can anyone please confirm if this is the case or not. Thankyou. :)

Leaves are one thing and a lot depends on what AI you are using too. I've had a spec ops team get in pistol range at night (with lots of careful stealth) with nothing but africa foliage for cover.

I've been testing this some more and the AI can definitely see right through these plants. I had a ton of foliage between myself and the enemy AI and it provided no concealment, which kind of makes the whole idea of thick foliage completely pointless. It doesn't matter what AI you use, either the plants include view blockers or they don't. Any chance of this being fixed?