See there's this white lining around the leaves of this banana plant. It looks amazing, but the white lining is very noticeable, especially from far away.

Would be great if you could release a little hotfix that addresses this issue.

Holy white lines Batman!!

I edited my post with a few more issues.

@BigMac-Was that supposed to mean that it isn't a big deal? Cus I think having a white border around a very nice looking plant isn't very appealing...

Also, I can shoot and walk thru many of the trees. Including the palms and large canopy trees.

Hopefully this all gets fixed.

Some of the objects don't have any LODs yet, and have only tested my trees within buldozer. I still even have to test them ingame myself. :)

Since I can testmy objects on Lingor now, I can optimize everything.

Edited by Berghoff
typo

I have rebuild Tropica with the new African Foliage.

Of course I have added the new plants, brushes and trees from the new Jungle family

Most of the plants are looking great, but I got error while binarizing the map and have wrong display for jungle_shrub_1 and jungle_shrub_2.

Awesome! Great news Berghoff, I'm sure these plants will be perfect when you get around to testing them.

Also, great news Old Bear! Cant wait for the updates island! :D

Next update is ready. This adds LODs to all remaining objects. :D

Since this will be my last foliage related add-on
... hey, all treehuggers want you to stay on the job ! ... I was just going to suggest a Mediterranean foliage addon ... Nevertheless thanks for all the job done, a needed pack for our African adventures.

New and mirror on Armed Assault.info

Link to mirror :

African Foliage (v 1.20 beta)

Edited by Old Bear

Good job! More plants for Lingor! :D

Next update is ready. This adds LODs to all remaining objects. :D

Outstanding Berghoff, I almost missed the release. Work on Lingor continues yeey :)

I was just going to suggest a Mediterranean foliage addon

I made some Mediterranean models for CWR Malden but most of them ended in a dusty corner of my HD. Who knows maybe I can finish them and include them in the next update or something.

is there any way you can see the textures in visitor

Only in the ArmA viewer, should just work when you unpack the entire pbo and move it to your working dir.

And thanks for all the mirrors.

Thanks a lot for the update Berghoff. I'm missing the "brg.bikey" in the zip file. What for is the brg_africa.log file?

Edited by DragonBaron

The Key and you can ignore the .log file. It was generated when I binarized the models. :)

Berghoff's key is also included in the Duala 7zip file. Berghoff: outstanding job, Lingor now plays at 50+ FPS and 30+ on the ground - thats what I call an improvement ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

Nice, here I get steady 60 fps at coconut paradise and 50+ fps in the jungle at a high resolution of 1920x1200 :p. Perhaps some more small plants for some variation would be nice still.

With the FPS you managed to bring to Lingor, I will re-do the whole vegetation - expect jungle hell ;)

plumose_219: put everything into P:\brg_africa folder and insert all objects (slowly, 5 by 5 is recommended) to your Nature objects.

Hmm I somehow forgot to add the lods to the old twisted jungle tree... really thought I added them since they were ready. Looking at the bright side, more fps can be gained. :o

plumose_219: put everything into P:\brg_africa folder and insert all objects (slowly, 5 by 5 is recommended) to your Nature objects.

it just comes up with ,its not in ca folder,and when i put it in there i cant see textures:confused: