Sign in to follow this  
Nephris1

Buldozer

Hi folks

i am feeling like a dumbass.

I am not able to get buldozer loading.

I setup Visitor in order of Sgt.Ace Tutorial, afer trying to load in Buldozer i get an error : the lauchn of buldozer failed.

So guess the path to it is wrong, i checked each possiblity but nothing worked.

So i hope u can help me.

My Arma dir is

D:\ArmA2

The working dir is default P:/

So what should be the path to buldozer?

"d:\pathtoarma\arma2.exe" -window - buldozer

Yeah that was the key!

Thx for your fast reponse, sry!

I fear i ve to add another post to that thread ....

I set path to realtime viewer to d:

I set command to launch bulldozer to "D:\ArmA2\arma2.exe" -window -buldozer

I this case the path to "Folder-Textures/Folder-Objects" (@Project Prefs) is automatically set to d:/

But my project folder (all my island files) are on p:/...

When i now change the path to realtime viewer to p:

the path to "Folder-Textures/Folder-Objects" is correct on p:/...

but on startup of Visitor i get an error message

no entry bin\config.cppCFGVoiceTypes

, followed by

shaders not valid.(mismatch exe and data

So what is the workaround for that misery?

I hope i point out my prob, ...tell me if i shall post screenshots.

The extracted bin.pbo in your p:/ drive must match the arma2.exe version you are using for buldozer.

If you are pointing to the arma2.exe in the game then the bin folder in p:\ must be the same as the bin.pbo that the game is using.

The same goes for other files in p:\ like config.cpp etc that are relevant to the arma2.exe you are using.

Planck

Sorry too stupid to understand.

The p:/ already comes after install with an extracted bin.

I didnt extract any bin to p:/

FFS Wrp tool was so user friendly ....

I can point to my arma2.exe in my game installation only or not?

"d:\pathtoarma\arma2.exe" -window - buldozer

My game is at d:/games/arma2

The stuff that had to be extracted went into the folder SgtAce said in his tut.

I did it the 3rd time right now using the Tutorial....

No price for the second place...didnt get it working .

Edited by Nephris1

If you are using arma2.exe from your present game version then you need to replace the bin folder in p:/ with the extracted bin.pbo from your present game version too, otherwise there is a mismatch.

Planck

Any advantages using latest beta arma2.exe instead of buldozer.exe on P:?

I´m having problems with Buldozer.

I have OA Standalone. Buldozer was working after I set everything up as listed by the bis editing wiki, but when running I could not see anything writen in the menus buttons when pressing F1 or anything.

After that I tried to alter the program preferences: path to realtime viewer to arma2oa folder to c:

and using arma2oa -buldozer command line. It opened buldozer, alright, working menu buttons but could not load the textures to my custom map located at p:

now I have problems with shaders and everything else. Buldozer wont load anymore

First off, I would suggest you use arma2: combined operations so that you have access to all the models available to you in arma2.

Second make sure you follow the instructions for setting up your P:\CA folder here but keep in mind that it is only a starting guide, you will need to de-pbo/de-rapify all of the addons that your island will use and it is hard to judge which addons those are.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_Terrain_Tutorial

Alright, To get text working in buldozer you need to go and de-pbo the following

C:\<arma2 operation arrowhead>\Expansion\dta\bin.pbo

C:\<arma2 operation arrowhead>\Expansion\dta\core.pbo

C:\<arma2 operation arrowhead>\Expansion\dta\languagecore.pbo

You also need to de-rapify everything you extract so you get config.cpp instead of config.bin. Personally I use a program called eliteness which allows you to set it up to extract and de-rapify at the same time. But there are many options out there.

After that is setup you will copy the extracted folders directly into your P:\ drive but make sure you make a backup of your P:\bin and P:\core folders as well as your buldozer.exe

Next step is to go to C:\<arma2 operation arrowhead>\Expansion\beta and copy the arma2oa.exe and paste that into your P:\ drive. Now rename that to buldozer.exe(backup the old one of course).

Now in visitor paste this into the system preferences in "path to realtime viewing dir."

"p:\buldozer.exe" -window -buldozer

make sure path to realtime viewing directory is still p:\

Now you should all be set provided you know how to de-pbo addons and de-rapify the .bins that are present in those de-pbo'd folders. Although I am not going to write down the instructions down on how to hex edit the oa objects in order to get their icons working, there is another thread for that in this forum.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108849

good luck :)

Edited by prowler.wolf

This may be a stupid question (because my menu has never displayed), why do we need the Buldozer menu anyway?

There's nothing there you can't set in the .Arma2profile if you use one specially for buldozer...

I'd never actually seen the menu with writing until I unpacked the languagecore.pbo as per Shezans instructions to have a go with the new Arrowhead height controls... it's sortof like a combination of "video options" and "control options" from the main game all in one...

B

I am getting again errors when starting Bulldozer.

I followed the tutorial in the wiki.

Following i the bulldozer rpt

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.cpp/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.Tracers'.
Warning Message: []: '/' not an array
Cannot evaluate '' - no file
String STR_XBOX_DIFF_VETERAN not found
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.cpp/CfgDifficulties/Veteran/Flags.Tracers'.
ErrorMessage: Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)

I replaced the extrated bin folder of my game with the bin content in the P/ folder and also treid to use the original bin folder, that comes after installation of the P drive.

For me strange, that Bulldozer created an ArmA folder under my documents with a buldozer.cfg and a user profile.

I would expect it to be created in ArmA2 .... but well all possible with Bulldozer i guess.

Edited by Nephris1

I replaced the extrated bin folder of my game with the bin content in the P/ folder

Oh No! Did I read this right Nephris??... it's the other way about! - you put the game stuff in P:\ - read ProwlerWolfs post at the top carefully!

It's not the end of the world but you'll need to restore that game stuff somehow, then try again...

Its okay that buldozer has its own .cfg and profile - means you can set different key controls and detail levels for Visitor if you want...

I'd start from scratch - keeping backups - and try again... Go all the way back to Sgt Ace's tutorial from the sticky post at the top of this section...

Find the tools and buldozer setup instructions and follow them to the letter... that should get you basically working

THEN follow Prowlers instructions about copying over those extra BIN.pbo, languagecore.pbo, etc, plus the game .exe - thats the icing on the cake which will get that F1 menu working, plus - if its Arrowhead you lift the files from, you'll find new finer-control height editing key controls too

I know its a hassle getting this whole thing setup - but once its done, it's done - then you just keep a backup of P:\ instead and you should never need to worry about it again...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Hi folks

i am feeling like a dumbass.

I am not able to get buldozer loading.

I setup Visitor in order of Sgt.Ace Tutorial, afer trying to load in Buldozer i get an error : the lauchn of buldozer failed.

So guess the path to it is wrong, i checked each possiblity but nothing worked.

So i hope u can help me.

My Arma dir is

D:\ArmA2

The working dir is default P:/

So what should be the path to buldozer?

I hate to open a really old thread, but I cannot get buldozer to work.

I have Arma2:CO that I bought off of Steam. Works fine, everything's great. I am trying to learn how to edit vehicle models. Not going to edit terrain.

I just want to get the buldozer model previewer to work.

If I try running Arma2OA.exe in "buldozer" mode this way, it also fails with an ugly error message:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2OA.exe" -window -buldozer -noland

However, trying to run it the proper way:

P:\buldozer.exe -window -buldozer -noland

...still fails with the error:

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)

I have no idea how I'm supposed to get this to work at this stage. I've been following these horribly disjointed tutorials with no success.

Steps taken:

Found and followed these guides:

-followed Gnat's youtube tutorial to install the BI Tools:

This sounds like you followed some outdated install instructions... did you try to use your Arma2OA.exe as Buldozer? or some other instruction like that?

All of that is no longer necessary with the latest version of the BI Tools...

linkie

was directed to Bush's Geotypical Microterrains - Source Files & Beginners Guide:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?124623-Bush-s-Geotypical-Microterrains-Source-Files-amp-Beginners-Guide

-installed BI Tools 2.5.1

-unpacked Mikero's Arma2P.2.5.1a.rar

-ran the "Arma2P.2.5.1.cmd" app -> it unpacked ~12 GB worth of data to my P:\CA directory. No errors. So far, so good.

-Bush's tutorial states not to update any settings for buldozer:

Ignore the "Update Buldozer" section which follows immediately afterwards! Since the new tools version 2.5.1 was released, there's no need to mess about "using Arma2OA.exe as buldozer" or anything like that at all!

-Tested buldozer - giving me the "Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)" error

Help! What am I supposed to do? Besides wait for Arma3? I'm at a dead end.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

FYI, here is my P: dos folder list:

Directory of C:\Users\Gamer\Documents\ArmAWork

02/24/2013 11:39 PM <DIR> .

02/24/2013 11:39 PM <DIR> ..

02/24/2013 04:18 PM 521 ARMA2 P3D viewer.lnk

02/23/2013 02:56 PM 2,460 basic_defines.hpp

02/24/2013 11:32 PM <DIR> bin

02/23/2013 02:56 PM 11,111,560 buldozer.exe

02/24/2013 05:32 PM <DIR> ca

02/23/2013 02:57 PM 5,491 config.cpp

02/24/2013 05:20 PM <DIR> core

02/24/2013 11:39 PM 0 dir.txt

02/23/2013 02:57 PM <DIR> Doc

02/23/2013 02:57 PM <DIR> Dta

02/24/2013 05:20 PM <DIR> languagecore

02/23/2013 02:57 PM 8,704 makeShorCut.exe

02/23/2013 02:57 PM 48 mapdisk.bat

02/23/2013 02:57 PM <DIR> MatTemplates

02/23/2013 02:57 PM 351 model.cfg

02/24/2013 11:32 PM 2,907 net.log

02/23/2013 02:57 PM 135 stringtable.csv

02/23/2013 02:57 PM 329 UnInstall.csv

02/23/2013 02:57 PM 601,224 UnInstall.exe

02/23/2013 02:57 PM 1,308 UnInstall.log

02/24/2013 05:32 PM <DIR> WRP_PROJECTS

Edited by Justino

There's nothing there you can't set in the .Arma2profile if you use one specially for buldozer...

I'd never actually seen the menu with writing until I unpacked the languagecore.pbo as per Shezans instructions to have a go with the new Arrowhead height controls... it's sortof like a combination of "video options" and "control options" from the main game all in one...

B

I set my options in the config file too. Although I tried using the menu but it just crashes visitor

I set my options in the config file too. Although I tried using the menu but it just crashes visitor

This may or may not help, but... I previously installed bis tools, used arma2p etc following bushlurkers excellent guide, everything at first glance appeared to work, however when it came to roads.. I had a problem. I found some (outdated) info which mentioned using the a2oa exe which I tried and appeared to work that was until I tried to pbo my work I realised the a20a exe was an unnecessary step.

It turns out, that somewhere along the lines my bis tools install was the wrong version perhaps from a previous install (A2 not A2OA?) in the past which did not update when I re-installed the latest.

I un-installed every single bis tools module, cleared my P: drive and re-installed from fresh, again using arma2p its now 100% correct.

If you right click P:/bulldozer.exe and choose properties > details. Does it say file version 1.57.0.0?

Edited by FX2K

Yes, my version of buldozer.exe is 1.57.0.0000

Product name: Arma 2 OA

-should be good, as I bought Arma2 CO off of steam