Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

RMM_NoMapTex

Description:

Removes the annoying satellite textures 'attached' with the original maps in ArmA2.

I saw the Map Plus addon that was released by NouberNou, but couldn't stand the new colours nor the added features, so I went for something simpler and just removed the satellite textures from the map instead.

I must give some credit to NouberNou, especially for the initiative and idea, but it is only one line of code; and thus I don't expect much credit for this either.

Enjoy, it removes personally one of the worst features in [default] ArmA2.

Contents:

rmm_nomaptex.pbo

SourceFiles\RMM_noMapTex\config.cpp

Dependencies:

None

Installation:

Simple installation; drag and drop into the mod folder of your choice; or simply ArmA\Addons.

Possible issues:

None as of yet

Bug Report:

If you find anything, just post here or PM me.

Author: Rommel

Date: 01/12/2009 (thats 12/01/2009 for the yanks)

Revision: 1

------------- DOWNLOAD -------------

Size: 0.3KB

Type: 7zip | .7z

Unpacker: www.7-zip.org

Mirrors:

http://www.4shared.com/file/163157246/24f9777a/rmm_nomaptex.html

Edited by Rommel

I love you, exactly what I was looking for, cheers.

Do you know if there's any way to modify the map zoom? I noticed the max zoom is a lot smaller than that of ArmA1, especially since I got used to giving out precise move orders using the map.

Thank you. It is very much appreciated!

Very nice, much better then the original. Only what do i do with the "sourcefiles"??

I love you, exactly what I was looking for, cheers.

Do you know if there's any way to modify the map zoom? I noticed the max zoom is a lot smaller than that of ArmA1, especially since I got used to giving out precise move orders using the map.

I am not sure how to no, however if I dig up the variable to change (it wouldn't be too hard to find) I will let you know over PM.

Only what do i do with the "sourcefiles"??

They are the 'source' files of the project, for editing and learning purposes only, not for general use.