Sign in to follow this  
.kju

ArmA II Clutter replacement for CAA1

As it gets easy overlooked, a separate thread makes sense it seems. :bounce3:

= Download

caa1_r_a2_clutter in the CAA1 filespace.

= Images

0002.jpg 0003.jpg

0004.jpg 0005.jpg

0006.jpg 0007.jpg

0008.jpg 0009.jpg

0010.jpg

10 min job, yet turned out fairly nice.

Looks awesome Kju, thanks for your "endless" mods and tweaks!

/KC

Great work Kju.

Im having a problem, I've updated Caa1 with Addon Sync 2009 and now I cant play, it shuts down arma 2.

Any Ideas of what could be happening?

"Error compilling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0"

Edited by neokika

Great work Kju.

Im having a problem, I've updated Caa1 with Addon Sync 2009 and now I cant play, it shuts down arma 2.

Any Ideas of what could be happening?

"Error compilling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0"

I had that error with a beta-patch and a other mod i loaded, because IIRC i put a trailing ";" at the end of the target-line, which should not be there...

EDIT: Yes looks awesome! Kju, do you think in future it could be possible to replace Arma1 Trees and Bushes with certain Arma2 ones?

Please CAA1 support in the CAA1 forum/issue tracker or at least the CAA1 BIF thread. ;)

This looks great, but IMO it should be optional. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have each island with it's own look and feel. Same with the autumn-colored plants.

This looks great, but IMO it should be optional. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have each island with it's own look and feel. Same with the autumn-colored plants.

What are you talking about ? Those features are totally optionals, it's up to you.

Robalo please clarify.

It only applies for a1 worlds and worlds based on those classes without their own

clutter definition. Also its a single download and not part of the CAA1 pack.

I was just hoping you won't make them defaults in CAA1.

Thanks.

Ok, i tried it but now whole South-Sarahni is full of grass looking like a wheat-field.... It should be desert afaik:

wheatfieldn.th.jpg

And now also Underwater we have the clutter:

cluttersea.th.jpg

Ok, i tried it but now whole South-Sarahni is full of grass looking like a wheat-field.... It should be desert afaik:

Kju just wrapped this up in ~10 minutes so we could have an alternative to the old grass and made a config that replaces it with stock grass from Utes/Chernarus, he is limited to what 3D models/textures are there.

I guess it was never intended to be a "perfect" grass solution but for me it's a really nice change and this grass morphs less and are actually less FPS demanding than the old grass, at least on my rigg.

Maybe someone with enough free time and right skills will "pick up the ball" and improve things by making/improving new grass 3D models and/or tweaking the colors on the textures to better suit Sharani etc....

Sea weeds ;)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Kju just wrapped this up in ~10 minutes so we could have an alternative to the old grass and made a config that replaces it with stock grass from Utes/Chernarus, he is limited to what 3D models/textures are there.

I guess it was never intended to be a "perfect" grass solution but for me it's a really nice change and this grass morphs less and are actually less FPS demanding than the old grass, at least on my rigg.

Maybe someone with enough free time and right skills will "pick up the ball" and improve things by making/improving new grass 3D models and/or tweaking the colors on the textures to better suit Sharani etc....

/KC

I think the point is that a desert, especially like the ground desert texture of Southern Sahrani looks like (small patterns in a brown/reddish Sand), shouldn't have any grass growing on it.

As far as i understood it, what he/they did was to apply the Arma2 Grass-Clutters on every textures which didn't had any clutter (= no Grass) by default in Arma1, which is not very good.

Absolutely the same here, i opened a ticket about it, that especially the ugly and very unfitting autumn trees should not be the default foliage for Sahrani.

Look and see Kju's reaction for your self :rolleyes::(:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6409

that looks so much better. good work :D

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

something to do with global warming i think?

mr.g-c it is simple. Just remove CAA1 and you and me will be more happy again.

Now stop derailing threads about CAA1. Thank you.

mr.g-c it is simple. Just remove CAA1 and you and me will be more happy again.

Now stop derailing threads about CAA1. Thank you.

You having/had a bad day? Because what you say is clear nonsense. Your reactions are also questionable at least.... :(:o

The point is that you seems to be not caring at all what the community, or the player of your (i know it) very time consuming addons are wanting/suggesting. Then upon questioning why, you react very very strange.

Is there any sane reason why to keep for instance the autumn trees as default, besides a "because i decided so?"

Yes I can repeat it once again and for the last time for you:

Because I decided so.

PlantsClassic

Indeed some things look a bit strange but imho it would be too much work to get different and great looking clutter/in all areas of (United) Saharni, Porto and Rahmadi. Good to have a optional features that you can activate if needed/fit with scenario. Thanks kju. :)

Btw quote from Przemek_kondor:

Hi.

I have recolored plants 2 weeks ago:...Trees looks very nice in north Sahrani's Plain, in north vilages and cities but there are places in Sahrani mostly in South Sahrani where it looks strange (you know - autumn in desert - :/ ).

I dont know where exactly i should put the files, can someone help me ?

I dont know where exactly i should put the files, can someone help me ?

Hi wiggum

This is a clutter replacer for CAA1 clutters, so for see those new one simply put the pbo in the archive inside one of CAA1 Addons folder ( one that is loaded )

for example I've moved all the Caa1 pbo of the last release in one folder

arma2\@CAA1\AddOns\ <All Caa1 Pbo here,

so easy way copy the clutter pbo inside the @caa1\addons folder

hope to help

;)

Sorry, I don't understand how to download the file. Can I have a direct link please?

1. pretty :D

2. hmm 2 hours after i start downloading CAA1 i notice this, coincidence I THINK NOT!!!!!!