Sign in to follow this  
rene.obermann

Female Soldier [Feature request to BIS]

Soldier also can be female. Female are not only civilian.

mary3.jpg

Nice look. Surly nice enougth for an implementation in Arma2. :)

I don't think we spend enough time on base in game to make use of these female soldiers being implemented. :)

I don't think we spend enough time on base in game to make use of these female soldiers being implemented. :)
This.

I have yet to see one female soldier on the frontlines in combat, ever.

I would like to remind everybody here about the Female pilots that flew for Russia/Soviet Union during WW2. They were some of the best pilots out there, and many of them were aces. http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/raskov/raskov.htm

Because of their performance these women soon won the respect of their adversaries, when the Germans started calling their female opponents of this regiment "Night Witches."

Hauptmann Johannes Steinhoff, the commander of II./JG 52 who was awarded the Oak Leaves to the Knight's Cross for 101 victories on 2 September 1942, wrote: "We simply couldn't grasp that the Soviet airmen that caused us the greatest trouble were in fact WOMEN. These women feared nothing. They came night after night in their very slow biplanes, and for some periods they wouldn't give us any sleep at all."

The Soviet Union also used women for sniping duties extensively, and to great effect, including Nina Alexeyevna Lobkovskaya and Ukrainian Lyudmila Pavlichenko (who killed over 300 enemy soldiers). The Soviets found that sniper duties fit women well, since good snipers are patient, careful, deliberate, can avoid hand-to-hand combat, and need higher levels of aerobic conditioning than other troops Women also served as machine gunners, tank drivers, medics, communication personnel and political officers. Manshuk Mametova was a machine gunner from Kazakhstan and was the first Soviet Asian woman to receive the Hero of the Soviet Union for acts of bravery.
Israel, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, Denmark and a handful of European nations allow females to fight on the grond alongside their male counterparts.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1927144,00.html?xid=rss-world#ixzz0YTwzi0Nx

Then there are the:

Women of the IDF

British VADs

Australian Navy allows women on combat submarines

So does the Spanish navy

So does the Canadian Navy

Vernice Armour flew an AH-1W Super Cobra in combat during the 2003 invasion of Iraq and then served 2 tours in support of OIF.

Major Kim Reed-Campbell took heavy damage to her A-10 during a Combat mission over Bahgdad in April of 2003 and managed to land the crippled aircraft back at base. She got the DFC.

Master Sergeant Barbara Jean Dulinsky of the USMC served in Vietnam, which was a Combat zone at MACV.

Bibi Ayesha, the ONLY Female Afghani warlord. She has fought against the Soviet Invasion, the Taliban takeover, and the American Invasion.

Need I say more?

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

I would like to remind everybody here about the Female pilots that flew for Russia/Soviet Union during WW2. They were some of the best pilots out there, and many of them were aces. http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/raskov/raskov.htm

Not meaning to call BS but that's bold exaggeration. There are 2 female aces in the whole world, one with 12 air victories and the other with 11. Men are the best pilots out there, there's no question about it.

The other (highly individual) examples confirm the fact that females are an exception to the rule.

Edited by Celery

Hmm... I read an article a couple years ago that said that several Russian women became aces during WW2. Maybe the author had bad information. If I was passing on bad information I apologize.

Also Celery I'm not for or against women in combat but

Men are the best pilots out there, there's no question about it.
is sexist, not to mention a "bold exaggeration" Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

This.

I have yet to see one female soldier on the frontlines in combat, ever.

I don't know about frontline combat, but peacekeeping and similar missions see alot of female soldiers in active duty performing the same duties as males. In fact one of Sweden's special operations branches, the SIG (Special Recon) currently on deployment in Afghanistan actively seek to recruit female operatives. And quite recently the first female applicant passed the qualifying tests and was accepted into training.

Besides that rather unique case, out of all the 847 Swedish soldiers' stationed abroad in peacekeeping missions, 70 are female. Not a shockingly high number, but it is a number that is growing and will continue to grow. Denmark for instance just recently decided to make a "recruiting day" of sorts mandatory for females aswell as males.

The idea that the only role females can play in a military organisation is support, administration or maintenance is slowly becoming outdated. We might not be seeing a sudden explosion in female soldiers performing the same duties as men, but those numbers are slowly growing in the same pace at which military officials realize that there is a need for female soldiers on the modern battlefield. And quite frankly, I cannot see the difference between a woman who is able to go through basic training in order to perform duties for her country and a man who is able and willing to do the same.

But erh - Yeah, female soldiers in ARMA II, as a mod or as a part of OA. Or at the very least proper animation sets for females. I am all for it.

Yeah agree with GoOB, women definately hold a more forward role than they uised to and I'm all for having them in ARMA2.

Doubt it would be too hard to do either, wouldnt the Body Armour obscure most of the female body figure anyway (obviously might need a bit of work though) so all that would really have to change is the face/head.

Doesn't matter, in the US military women being placed in front line combat is the exception and not the rule. I have no issues with a mod being made but they should not be in the vanilla game. If the Russian forces do use women in combat roles then they should appear in game as such, we are after realism. Arguments about other armed forces are not applicable and neither are arguments based upon political correctness. I am not against females in game having the ability to use weapons either as it is simply a realism issue, women have the ability to pick up a weapon and use it. I do not agree with Celery's statement regarding female pilots, there is simply not enough evidence to reach any such conclusion.

Darkhorse, your portrayal of IDF women is inaccurate and serving aboard a naval vessel is not the same as duty in front line combat.

GoOB, there is no need for women on the battlefield, that statement is patently false. They may want to be on the battlefield and we can argue whether they should be or not but to say that there is some circumstance that requires their presence is simply not true.

GoOB, there is no need for women on the battlefield, that statement is patently false. They may want to be on the battlefield and we can argue whether they should be or not but to say that there is some circumstance that requires their presence is simply not true.

It is strange then that the Swedish MoD has rather clearly outlined the need to raise the number of female soldiers in active duty abroad. The need has arisen from quite a few years of experience of places like Eritrea, Liberia and Congo where Swedish forces are and have been deployed in peacekeeping situations. In places like these, only deploying male soldiers more or less leaves half of the population (read: the female half) unheard and untouched by the mission. So where my statement may be patently false for other nations, it is quite valid for Sweden and other nations who deploy their armed forces to similar effect.

In regards to females in the IDF, since 2001 females are allowed into combat roles - The last numbers I have however are a few years old, but at the end of 2004, 450 women were in combat units, primarily within the Caracal battalion, but also in the artillery corps, airforce, search and rescue units, field intelligence corps and the anti-aircraft division.

So, to reiterate; Female soldiers in ARMA II, as a mod or as a part of OA. Or at the very least proper animation sets for females. I am all for it, regardless of the reigning protocol of the main faction portrayed in the game.

I don't like the idea of shooting a female. Or having a female with a gun in my squad. I just don't think it would fit in.

I have 3 females in my clan. All sniper certified - 85% one-shot rate at 900m.

Females have been "used" since WW2 ... Russia as an example had many great female snipers credited with hundreds of kills.. You just don't hear about it too often for some reason. Check youtube..

I have 3 females in my clan. All sniper certified - 85% one-shot rate at 900m.

I've had several females in my clan and all of them were better shots than myself. Back in my BF2 days (goes on a 15 minute rant about the good ole days, on the good servers, without idiots or douchebags) several good friends of mine were females (Teenagers up to 20 somethings) and most of the time I had to play on their team because if I fought against em I normally got some unwanted brain surgery.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Darkhorse, your portrayal of IDF women is inaccurate

How so? A friend of mine (An American with Israeli family/ties) is serving in the IDF right now. His Squad Leader is a woman. Women go out on patrols. If you want I'm sure that you can find pictures and articles about it on google.

It is strange then that the Swedish MoD has rather clearly outlined the need to raise the number of female soldiers in active duty abroad. The need has arisen from quite a few years of experience of places like Eritrea, Liberia and Congo where Swedish forces are and have been deployed in peacekeeping situations. In places like these, only deploying male soldiers more or less leaves half of the population (read: the female half) unheard and untouched by the mission. So where my statement may be patently false for other nations, it is quite valid for Sweden and other nations who deploy their armed forces to similar effect.

In regards to females in the IDF, since 2001 females are allowed into combat roles - The last numbers I have however are a few years old, but at the end of 2004, 450 women were in combat units, primarily within the Caracal battalion, but also in the artillery corps, airforce, search and rescue units, field intelligence corps and the anti-aircraft division.

So, to reiterate; Female soldiers in ARMA II, as a mod or as a part of OA. Or at the very least proper animation sets for females. I am all for it, regardless of the reigning protocol of the main faction portrayed in the game.

I do believe I said, as appropriate, but if they don't have them IRL they shouldn't be there.

If you were paying attention as of 2009 IDF women are allowed in combat roles doing the following: 1) Oketz Unit, which is essentially a K-9 unit that handles and trains dogs, 2)Search and Rescue, 3)Border Police, 4)Artillery Corps and 5)Caracal Battalion, a co-ed infantry battalion that is assigned to border patrol. These are not front line troops.

I couldn't give a rat's behind what the Swedish MoD has to say because there are no Swedish forces in the game. If there is a need for women, perhaps they have a shortage of men willing to do the job. I can only speculate, it is a small country.

I do believe I said, as appropriate, but if they don't have them IRL they shouldn't be there.

If you were paying attention as of 2009 IDF women are allowed in combat roles doing the following: 1) Oketz Unit, which is essentially a K-9 unit that handles and trains dogs, 2)Search and Rescue, 3)Border Police, 4)Artillery Corps and 5)Caracal Battalion, a co-ed infantry battalion that is assigned to border patrol. These are not front line troops.

I couldn't give a rat's behind what the Swedish MoD has to say because there are no Swedish forces in the game. If there is a need for women, perhaps they have a shortage of men willing to do the job. I can only speculate, it is a small country.

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Israel+beyond+politics/Integration_women_in_IDF-March_2009

"Women represent a significant portion of manpower in the combat units that they serve in; in the Anti-Aircraft Division and in the Artillery Corps, women represent 20 percent of soldiers, 25 percent of soldiers in Search and Rescue units, 10 percent of the Border Police, and the Caracal Battalion - a combat battalion - is made up of 70 percent female soldiers. In addition, this year marked the first year in which women are eligible to serve in the Field Intelligence Corps."

I don't care about what you define as a combat unit, or how much on the front line a unit has to be stationed to be one in your eyes, but it is rather clear that the Caracal battalion is one - Even if it's "just" border patrol it is a unit intended to carry out combat activity. Lest you want to argue the meaning of that concept with the authors of the above document.

As to where your sudden urge to blurt out that petty little innuendo came from I have no idea - I rather just outlined the reason for why females are actively being recruited into front line duty (you asked for one, or rather said there are no reasons), there may be many other arguments against it, but that is one argument for it. It enables forces to communicate better with the local populace, and thus, carry out their job better. And whilst mine may well be a small country, my countrymen, and indeed women abroad do their jobs pretty damn well. Bearing in full mind that some of these jobs weren't really theirs to do in the first place.

And once more I repeat (with some parts in bold this time around); Female soldiers in ARMA II, as a mod or as a part of OA. Or at the very least proper animation sets for females. I am all for it, regardless of the reigning protocol of the main faction portrayed in the game.

Edited by GoOB

female soldiers and children are all part of combat. we see priests in this game, do soldiers sit around listening to church sermons in foreign villages?

more features, the better. official support, asap.

Soldier also can be female. Female are not only civilian.

Nice look. Surly nice enougth for an implementation in Arma2. :)

LMAO thats the aussie slapper who married prince whatsy from denmark. traitorous, shes in DK uniform.

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Israel+beyond+politics/Integration_women_in_IDF-March_2009

"Women represent a significant portion of manpower in the combat units that they serve in; in the Anti-Aircraft Division and in the Artillery Corps, women represent 20 percent of soldiers, 25 percent of soldiers in Search and Rescue units, 10 percent of the Border Police, and the Caracal Battalion - a combat battalion - is made up of 70 percent female soldiers. In addition, this year marked the first year in which women are eligible to serve in the Field Intelligence Corps."

I don't care about what you define as a combat unit, or how much on the front line a unit has to be stationed to be one in your eyes, but it is rather clear that the Caracal battalion is one - Even if it's "just" border patrol it is a unit intended to carry out combat activity. Lest you want to argue the meaning of that concept with the authors of the above document.

As to where your sudden urge to blurt out that petty little innuendo came from I have no idea - I rather just outlined the reason for why females are actively being recruited into front line duty (you asked for one, or rather said there are no reasons), there may be many other arguments against it, but that is one argument for it. It enables forces to communicate better with the local populace, and thus, carry out their job better. And whilst mine may well be a small country, my countrymen, and indeed women abroad do their jobs pretty damn well. Bearing in full mind that some of these jobs weren't really theirs to do in the first place.

And once more I repeat (with some parts in bold this time around); Female soldiers in ARMA II, as a mod or as a part of OA. Or at the very least proper animation sets for females. I am all for it, regardless of the reigning protocol of the main faction portrayed in the game.

I can take a group of nuns and label them a combat unit, it doesn't make it so. It is rare to send females intentionally into direct combat and you are dancing around that fact.

Innuendo? Yes, please take it upon yourself to be offended by that statement and further make a fool of yourself. I do not know the demographics of your nation so if there are more women than men in the population, naturally you might have a need for women. Additionally if your country is small this may further cause a need to recruit women into the military to fill out combat roles. The US military makes up roughly 1% of the population, there are plenty of men unwilling to do the job, why you would take that as a special insult directed at your country is beyond me. Still it is irrelevant with respect to the scenario that this game presents.

I'll repeat for you, I have no issues with people making mods, they are free to mod all they want, I have no right to say no. I also agreed that females should have a complete set of animations. I do not agree that female soldiers should be implemented in the vanilla game/OA unless one of the factions uses them in direct combat roles. BIS is all about realism and accuracy. They do make mistakes, however, they do not knowingly fabricate information.

Can used a Female Head whit init: this setidentity "????"; ?

Then do not vote along the model Proportions. A male body looks different from a regular in the female. :D

If there are females that play this game, then there should be female models, period.

And how do you reach that conclusion?

If there are females that play this game, then there should be female models, period.

I want to play Tomb Raider with a male character.