Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

Operation unknown wip

It seems some of the cargo seats of the CH-53 are used by two soldiers... I took a picture:

ch53seats.jpg

Yep - nice one.

On the CH-53D you can raise the undercarriage while still on the ground.

Also, any chance of a bikey for my server?

Okay, so I downloaded and installed the Mod. It works great if I play it with a clean Game. Looks great!

Problem: It seems to be incompatible with something from our modset, I can't figure out why and what, since it doesnt require anything and doesn't replace anything, so it shouldnt interfere.

Can anybody tell me, which mod could interfere here? I'm gonna go on a long hunt for it by starting them all one by one, but since I dont have a whole lot more time today and this is gonna take a bit, maybe someone can help me do this quicker.

And here's a quick screenshot from the modset:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/modsn.jpg/

Thanks in advance!

What is it doing for you to say it is incompatible?

Okay, so I downloaded and installed the Mod. It works great if I play it with a clean Game. Looks great!

Problem: It seems to be incompatible with something from our modset, I can't figure out why and what, since it doesnt require anything and doesn't replace anything, so it shouldnt interfere.

Can anybody tell me, which mod could interfere here? I'm gonna go on a long hunt for it by starting them all one by one, but since I dont have a whole lot more time today and this is gonna take a bit, maybe someone can help me do this quicker.

And here's a quick screenshot from the modset:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/modsn.jpg/

Thanks in advance!

we need information as to why its incompatable, what kind of errors its causing and whatnot. cannot give you an answer with what you posted.

Well, it just doesnt appear in the editor at all. If I use the vanilla game it's under USMC -> OU Air. With the addons loaded, the entry simply doesn't appear.

Should've mentioned that, sorry. :P

Well, it just doesnt appear in the editor at all. If I use the vanilla game it's under USMC -> OU Air. With the addons loaded, the entry simply doesn't appear.

Should've mentioned that, sorry. :P

Looking at your list, the only mods I don't run are SLX, DAC and the RTE - try removing those first.

It seems some of the cargo seats of the CH-53 are used by two soldiers... I took a picture:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6472/ch53seats.jpg

Is there anything you can do about this? It's the main thing holding my unit back from using this mod :(

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote images!! Remove the img tags when the quoted post contains an hotlinked image!

Looking at your list, the only mods I don't run are SLX, DAC and the RTE - try removing those first.

Removed them....same issue. Gonna do a one-by-one removal over the enxt few days. Altho it doesnt really matter, if it's incompatible with anything, it won't go into our modset. Sad. :(

Would still be nice to find out where the problem is, so I'm gonna keep looking whenever I find time.

Edit:

Well, look at that...problem solved. With the ACE Package installed, the whole thing moves from USMC > OU Air to ACE US Navy > OU Air.....Duh. :P

Thanks anyway!

Edited by Killerpixel

Removed them....same issue. Gonna do a one-by-one removal over the enxt few days. Altho it doesnt really matter, if it's incompatible with anything, it won't go into our modset. Sad. :(

Would still be nice to find out where the problem is, so I'm gonna keep looking whenever I find time.

Edit:

Well, look at that...problem solved. With the ACE Package installed, the whole thing moves from USMC > OU Air to ACE US Navy > OU Air.....Duh. :P

Thanks anyway!

hey mate

ther shouldnt be any problem with any other mod..

it works fine on my pc with ace and acex.

on what folder did you put it on the modset.

i dont see an ou_air folder.

i need to add the bikey also.

and p.s

on older version it worked?

sfc

@Killerpixel

Did you put all the files into: @modname\addons

Because it wasn't in the package.

just checking the obvious ...

Yeah, that's where I put it.

If you check my edit above, I found it. The entry just moved to another place with ACE installed, I don't know why.

I just didn't check the first the time, since I assumed it would be in the same place as it is when ACE is not started.

Some of you say you can't find it in the editor?

It's not under USMC anymore. It's under "Other"/ then OUair.

At least the last version was. I noticed it when I had ACE but I don't use ACE anymore and it's still there. I don't know after this last version

And the issue with soldiers sitting in same seat, it has done that since the begining. You can actually fit an entire army in one helicopter. I think I tried it with like 6 squads once so I can see how many will fit. and they all did. I think it happens in both.

I agree with gunners on the 46. That would be nice. Folding blades would be the best fix. But, sure it's not as important as anything else.

Just glad you're still working on it.

Edited by victim913

For now i'll stick with the beta 2 version, i tried out the beta 3, but i noticed i couldn't get in and out of the ch-46 via the ramp, there's an invisible wall there, and IMHO, the CH-53 texture is a bit dark and "blue-ish".

Great models!

But need a different textures!

Camo\desert

Wood\Jungle

Winter maby (today we have a many winter islands)!

Plz add this. Thanks!

I'd love to see the CH-53 for OA standalone.

Technically the chopper itself works in OA (tested) but the crew and passenger seats of it allow ArmA2 units only, so there's no way to fly it or sit in it's cargo. :(

This shouldn't be hard to edit, is it?

I'd love to see the CH-53 for OA standalone.

Technically the chopper itself works in OA (tested) but the crew and passenger seats of it allow ArmA2 units only, so there's no way to fly it or sit in it's cargo. :(

This shouldn't be hard to edit, is it?

This is because he is using the names for BIS UH-1Y proxies. I did the saee thing with my version.

Quite frankly, why not shell out a few bucks more and support BIS by buying arma2

Itzhak get a hold of me when you get a chance. RKSL rock and I were able to figure out why they dont land when the AI is letting troops out. Its such an easy fix you will want to punch yourself.

Quite frankly, why not shell out a few bucks more and support BIS by buying arma2

Are you serious?

I bought Operation Arrowhead and I'm quite dissapointed with the quality and compatibility of their products already... and you are suggesting that because OA units ain't "good enough" to fly this aircraft I should spend more money to fix that issue? That is out of the question.

So if anyone has a clue how to fix this compatibility issue without having to shove more money up BIS's a$$, please let me know how. That's what makes this community so great, ain't it so?

Edited by Bulldog Six

Hi,

Having a problem disembarking from the CH53e (in OA standalone, Combined Ops and CO with ACE).

Here's an example - this was recorded in Combined Ops with only this addon loaded, the troops are CDF and the map is Takistan...

oNVAmflc6_E

If this has been posted already then apologies - I did search the thread for disembark but didn't find anything!

Are you serious?

I bought Operation Arrowhead and I'm quite dissapointed with the quality and compatibility of their products already... and you are suggesting that because OA units ain't "good enough" to fly this aircraft I should spend more money to fix that issue? That is out of the question.

So if anyone has a clue how to fix this compatibility issue without having to shove more money up BIS's a$$, please let me know how. That's what makes this community so great, ain't it so?

If you are not going to support them then don't complain about the product.

There are several other CH53s available. I am not aware of any being OA standalone. In fact the mass majority of community made addons are not OA standalone. If you are going to use the community content then i really do suggest buying the complete series. In the end without tearing the model apart and re-naming all the proxies. you are stuck.

If you are not going to support them then don't complain about the product.

There are several other CH53s available. I am not aware of any being OA standalone. In fact the mass majority of community made addons are not OA standalone. If you are going to use the community content then i really do suggest buying the complete series. In the end without tearing the model apart and re-naming all the proxies. you are stuck.

Well, I bought the product and decided not to support them any further until they release something worth supporting.

Okay then, let's say I want to tear the thing apart. How would I do that and what "proxies" (whatever that is) would require renaming into what?

Edited by Bulldog Six

Well, I bought the product and decided not to support them any further until they release something worth supporting.

Okay then, let's say I want to tear the thing apart. How would I do that and what "proxies" (whatever that is) would require renaming into what?

The model is binarized. To open it would be violation of the EULA.

The model is binarized. To open it would be violation of the EULA.

There is no EULA in the package. No EULA, no violation.

Or you got any other cockblocking reasons not to tell me how to do it? Sharing information is not a violation of anything, you know - as in FAIR USE, so tell me please.