Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

Operation unknown wip

Long time no see, no hear, hope this project didn't sink in the drain...

I know how to find his Facebook if we REALLY have to contact him. Remember, he is a very busy man.

Hello people! i`m new at this forum, i`ve watching your post since this mod was leave out. ( Special Thanks to SFC.ITZHAK for this birds) and i wanted to share one simple idea for those who wants to land the choopers. (until SFC.ITZHAK make it fix). I will explain it step by step and the idea is one simple comand "flyinheight" so... here we go.

1º first of all we need one of our birds, ch46 for example. (with init name chop1)

2º fire team board on chooper.

3ºwaypoint, wherever you want to land.

4º the most importan part, we put in the waypoint chop1 flyinheight 0. Chooper will land at the ground.

5º then we leave the ch46 (its recomended using by extraction all the team because if we order to leave the ch46 will rise when your people are getting out, and then die)

6ºput anther waypoint with the init "chop1 flyinheigth 50" far from the LZ and sincronize this one with a radio trigger for example. The chooper wont fly until you order it by radio.

Its too simple, i hope it helps you, meaby you will bring more ideas with scripts or something. Thanks for all and sorry for my bad english :-(

Hello people! i`m new at this forum, i`ve watching your post since this mod was leave out. ( Special Thanks to SFC.ITZHAK for this birds) and i wanted to share one simple idea for those who wants to land the choopers. (until SFC.ITZHAK make it fix). I will explain it step by step and the idea is one simple comand "flyinheight" so... here we go.

1º first of all we need one of our birds, ch46 for example. (with init name chop1)

2º fire team board on chooper.

3ºwaypoint, wherever you want to land.

4º the most importan part, we put in the waypoint chop1 flyinheight 0. Chooper will land at the ground.

5º then we leave the ch46 (its recomended using by extraction all the team because if we order to leave the ch46 will rise when your people are getting out, and then die)

6ºput anther waypoint with the init "chop1 flyinheigth 50" far from the LZ and sincronize this one with a radio trigger for example. The chooper wont fly until you order it by radio.

Its too simple, i hope it helps you, meaby you will bring more ideas with scripts or something. Thanks for all and sorry for my bad english :-(

or you just can download this and land it with a simple helipad..

http://www.fileflyer.com/view/NrCnYBO

updates will come..

sfc.

Didn't even notice the update how is that possible?

I like the new sound for the CH-46, the CH-53's for me is a little crackling, but also nice. Nice that at last these birds land on helipads.

Small bug I think is that seemingly the SeaKnight's two main rotors are spinning in the same direction. Aren't they suppose to turn against each other's directon, to equal the torque?

Interesting way of reading forum but avoiding PMs o_O

Who knows how to get in touch with SFC.ITZHAK?

ok, the dl comes with 1 file, "ou-air_beta2". I already have the originals. So do i delete the original "ou_air" and add this one or do i delete both "ou_air" & "ou_air_cfg" and just have the new beta 2? I already tried deleting them and just use beta2 with no prevail... it ruined a mission...

*edit* ...it's a .rar file... silly mistake... I wasn't paying attention. Thanks tho dude

Edited by HeAvY TrAnCe

Heavy Trance

the file name should be the same, so it'll just overwrite the older version. How exactly did this release ruined your mission?

Heavy Trance

the file name should be the same, so it'll just overwrite the older version. How exactly did this release ruined your mission?

just cause i c'ed and p'ed the .rar file instead of extracting... my bad...

I believe there is a bug with the Sea Knight's cargo capacity. It physically only seats 22 people in the cargo area, but more people can board, "disappearing" in the process. There are no green starboard navigation lights on the Sea Knight.

Also, the "MARINES" lettering font on the CH-53D is wrong.

Other than that, things are looking good.

Edited by Laqueesha

Who knows how to get in touch with SFC.ITZHAK?

Stop with the complaining man! ... :cool:

@Sfc.Itzhak Anyways, can you make these choppers so they are signed

and able to play online please mate? thanks

Is the sound of the MH53 a bit strange? Anyone else getting that, sounds like a giant static filled vacuum. Should just use the merlin or chinook rotor sounds. This shit should be in ACE_USNAVY as well for the desert usmc.

Is the sound of the MH53 a bit strange? Anyone else getting that, sounds like a giant static filled vacuum. Should just use the merlin or chinook rotor sounds. This shit should be in ACE_USNAVY as well for the desert usmc.

The sounds are a bit low quality, but it is still WIP.

yes,same here.

Just tried this mod for the 1st time - fantastic! They fly and handle really well. The CH46 is great to fly. Only thing I can say is the MH-53 sound is a little too scratchy but I imagine it will be fixed as things progress.

The USAFE special operations group used to fly their MH-53 Pave Lows down the field next to my house at insanely low altitudes. Very quiet for such a large helo. It would appear and disappear very quickly at 50 - 100ft! I read they have transitioned to the MV-22 and are now based elsewhere so it's a sight I will not see again. I think one of the MH-53s ended up at the Cosford Air Museum after seeing final service in Iraq.

Edited by PELHAM