Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

Operation unknown wip

wow out now looks good now i got good reason to use those captured stingers,die yankee dogs.just kidding or not thanx for a awesome release now to learn its weaknesses :war:

I nerver belived that an CH-46 hit the Download Databases for OFP/ArmA

Thanks SFC.ITZHAK that you finally beat this damn cure!

AWESOME REALLY AWESOME!

Good to see this. Glad we could help ya sfc. Looking forward to more improvements and the 3rdMD will continue to do testing for you. Hopefully we can start moving to have this in the ACE Mod now. I will start to hit up sickboy ;) Also sfc, we cant really use this until its signed though and has a server key :( .

Also on the armaholic page, it says 3rd Mech under the thanks for testing, Its 3rd Marine Division lol.

Edited by Alderman

;1565489']Also on the armaholic page' date=' it says 3rd Mech under the thanks for testing, Its 3rd Marine Division lol.[/quote']

I copied it from the first post mate, so the author should fix it as well since there is no readme included in the archive.

But I will fix it, sorry for the confusion. :)

I copied it from the first post mate, so the author should fix it as well since there is no readme included in the archive.

But I will fix it, sorry for the confusion. :)

whops knew i forgot something.

as for the sounds will work on it.

thanks fox.

sfc.

I hopefully guess that the Cockpit is still WIP and we'll get a functional cockpit in the final. ;)

Also please rework the flight behaviour of the CH-46, actually it feels more like a AH-6 than a transport vehicle. The flight behaviour of the CH-53 is pretty good, at least it feels correct.

Let me ask, is the scale of the CH-46 accurate? Actually i thought i'm looking at a toy chopper when standing next to it. Don't get me wrong, can be i've just imagined that chopper being "bigger", then please ignore this.

Keep it up mate. ArmA 2 needs those choppers badly.

P.S.

Don't forget to make it "100% no RPT entries". :D

I hopefully guess that the Cockpit is still WIP and we'll get a functional cockpit in the final. ;)

Also please rework the flight behaviour of the CH-46, actually it feels more like a AH-6 than a transport vehicle. The flight behaviour of the CH-53 is pretty good, at least it feels correct.

Let me ask, is the scale of the CH-46 accurate? Actually i thought i'm looking at a toy chopper when standing next to it. Don't get me wrong, can be i've just imagined that chopper being "bigger", then please ignore this.

Keep it up mate. ArmA 2 needs those choppers badly.

P.S.

Don't forget to make it "100% no RPT entries". :D

thats been taking care of as we speak...

damn those st errors.

as for the ch-46 size its correct as far as i know.

sfc.

The sacrifice worked, its out and even more awesome than expected!

I have to say as well... The CH-46 felt a little small.... :/ felt like I was flying a little bird or something... lol.. felt smaller than the huey... lol

Ya i agree with how they handel as for both choppers. Its like flying an much smaller bird. For the top of the cover for the CH-53 it wobbles also. Vary nice work on them all around. Liking how ya exit out the ramp.

Great that these have been released.

Couple of bits of feedback after some playtesting:

-When in the CH-46 as co-pilot there is an odd problem where the pilot's head movement also moves your own head! So when I was letting him chauffeur me about, even on external view my viewpoint kept shifting as the AI randomly looked around.

-Love the way the troops exit the choppers from the rear. They have a slight habit of jumping out too early though when the bird is still 10ft off the ground, and end up either dying or incapacitating themselves. Admittedly this sometimes happens with the vanilla choppers as well, but not so often.

Is it me or does anyone else see this?

If you stand on the shade side of both choppers their shadey side is really shiney. It's the same gloss that the windows have. Once the sun hits it it goes flat. But every piece of shade is super glossy.

Love the detail inside

Also... I don't think this happens with vanilla choppers but,

I was on ground as leader of group had a 46 and 53 in my "squad" and i had a full infantry squad. I selected all and told all units to board the 46 and all the pilots of all the choppers got out and then moved into the 46. As far as i know i thought i had to make them disembark or else they wouldn't get out. Then the pilots usually are no longer the pilots anymore. the infantry is.

Just feedback. Did i say i love them enough.

Edited by victim913

I selected all and told all units to board the 46 and all the pilots of all the choppers got out and then moved into the 46. As far as i know i thought i had to make them disembark or else they wouldn't get out. Then the pilots usually are no longer the pilots anymore. the infantry is.

Use the F1-F12 keys to control specific squad members to board the chopper. Obviously by selecting all your troops you also selected the pilots as well, who if told to board the chopper again will jump out and then back in.

A better way to do it is to have all your infantry in a coloured group squad. So for example you select all your infantry F2-F6, label them all group red. Then push shift F2 (or any corrosponding red group member's number) and it will highlight all members in that colour group. Then push "4" and select the helicopter and tell them to board.

Takes a little bit more micromanagement, but it's far more accurate in terms of telling team members what and where to board.

The 46' isnt undersized, its designed small to fit on Carriers and LHDs (dont forget Marines work with the Navy big time), heres a pic for some reference

http://www.history.navy.mil/planes/ch-46e.jpg

as you can see it has an extended nose gear compared to the Arma 2 addon that was made. And once it has landed it is kinda canted at an angle due to the extended nose gear.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/USMC_CH-46.jpg

also both helicopters are missing proper working gear suspensions.

Edited by Baz

Really loving these so far. A couple problems I've run into.

1. The rotor blades disappear at a really unusual LOD level. Meaning the chopper can be flying 20m from you and only the body is visible, no blades at all.

2. The chopper ignores proper landing. Even with a Helo pad and the force land command, it still hovers a few meters off of the ground for loading and unloading, which is a tad awkward to say the least ;)

Superb work, really appreciate you making these birds.

*can't wait to see these in ACE!*

Edited by AnimalMother92