Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

Operation unknown wip

Amazing work. Can't wait. F*** they're really good.

as far as i know what i looked in wiki and other places didnt see that you can put a mk19 on the bird..

i remamber it on cod mw but for now both will have .50 mg .

as for the flares will look in to it.

i am working on adding 6 versoins of the helos.

2X unarmed ch-46 / ch-53

2X armed ch-46/53

2X medevac ver.

sfc.

Yeah baby those pics are giving me flashbacks of doing helo ops off of the USS Bonhomme Richard, and pissing in water bottles on long range helo raids!!

@SFC how many gunner positions will be available to fill? Please give them both two gunner positions..

Edited by Meatball0311

Meatball you may want to edit your post so it doesn't quote the pictures. Mods tend not to like that. ;) Choppers look great. Can't wait for release.

*Edit* I just remembered. The Bonhomme Richard was off the Oceanside CA. coast a while back. Well it was either the Bonhomme or 1 other ship that looked virtually identical but I forget the name of.

Yeah the Bonhom is one of the LHD's that are used in MEU's, I was on the 13th MEU back in 2001. Great ship!

I may believe, as an army brat, that the Army is at the top of the board but I gotta give it to you Marines. The Army doesn't even train it's troops to use bayonets anymore. :butbut:

I'll have to find that old LHD spawn template and set these babys up. Gotta try and replicate the pic I have of the Bonhomme silhouetted against the setting sun with a CH-46 coming in off the port bow.

Several Active duty guys. They may be wrong but I don't know. I was born on Ft. Bliss and my dad was in for 26 years. ADA mostly although he was also a DI a helluva long time ago. Still have his smokey bear around here somewhere.

Back OT: Will your helos be compatible with Mando Missile? It may be easier than putting the countermeasures with the aircraft. (I'm not an addon maker or scripter so I'm probably wrong on that one)

Nice work, I take it this is going further than these two helicopters though, correct?

With MMA Full GL all the AI air units get automatic countermeasures. In case you need just to add manual countermeasures available for human pilots for vehicle classes not included into that Full setup GameLogic:

// mission's init.sqf
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

[] spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

[["CLASS OF THE CHOPPER HERE","OTHER CHOPPER CLASS HERE","OTHER CHOPPER CLASS HERE"], 0, "", [], [], 15, 15, 0, [4,3,-2.5], mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_locations.sqf", 0, 0, [], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";
};

This provides RWR, flares (15 packs of a max of 15) and HUD with navigation info displaying default map locations and mission created locations.

Note that first parameter of mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf is an array of one or more classes that will use same hud setup for the indicated position of the player (second parameter: 0=driver, 1=gunner, 2= commander)

I was a mechanic and aircrew for 9 years on both the 53D and 53E models. I am looking forward to seeing this bird in game. If you need a test pilot to look for realism just let me know.

@SFC.ITZHAK

so will there be two gunner pos in both birds?

yes 2 gunners on both birds.

2X .50 cal

on the 53 will think maybe adding rear ramp gunner.

With MMA Full GL all the AI air units get automatic countermeasures. In case you need just to add manual countermeasures available for human pilots for vehicle classes not included into that Full setup GameLogic:

// mission's init.sqf
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

[] spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

[["CLASS OF THE CHOPPER HERE","OTHER CHOPPER CLASS HERE","OTHER CHOPPER CLASS HERE"], 0, "", [], [], 15, 15, 0, [4,3,-2.5], mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_locations.sqf", 0, 0, [], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";
};

This provides RWR, flares (15 packs of a max of 15) and HUD with navigation info displaying default map locations and mission created locations.

Note that first parameter of mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf is an array of one or more classes that will use same hud setup for the indicated position of the player (second parameter: 0=driver, 1=gunner, 2= commander)

thanks for that mate.

I was a mechanic and aircrew for 9 years on both the 53D and 53E models. I am looking forward to seeing this bird in game. If you need a test pilot to look for realism just let me know.

glad to hear that and will contact you..

this vid is to check the possbilety cargo fire meaning you can put some of the cargo in the "free" door and ramp so the can give more fire support to the gunners. and when the heli land the just van unstrap them self and dismbark.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IPMRw5Q0A0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IPMRw5Q0A0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sfc.

Edited by SFC.ITZHAK

WOW!!!! Outstanding job there. I love the detail on the interior of the chopper. Am anticipatingly waiting to try it ingame and setup some casevacs using the ACE revival stuff with it. Will make for some epic missions.

I'm not requesting...just trying to find out...but will there be any medical litter setups for the Sea Knights? If not, no biggy, like them just as they are already.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

Man i can't wait for these to come out. They are definitely a couple of my all time favorite choppers.

I played AIX for Bf2 and they made a really good 53. I saw some others on the armaholic page but they looked wrong. really wrong. Maybe it was an older model or something.

But hey if you need anyone to test them i would be more than happy to

Yeah I cant wait dude, I gotta real nice Afgan map that I am atm setting up my FOB to do some combat patrols out of and I need some birds!

Anyway they look good and that would be cool if at least there would be a turret spot for a rear gunner in the 53.

Just a little FYI, about that 46 video.. can you get the sound inside of the bird a high pitched whiney sound. It sounds almost like a constant high pitched "kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" sound.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

oh yeah thanks for the update..

This is going to be awesome. I'm the aviation detachment commander for the ArmA2 3rd Marine Division and once this comes out I will be advocating for this to be standard on our public and tactical servers. I look forward to hearing from you when you need this mod tested in the game combat environment.

Hi, that CH-46E Sea Knight looks very pimp, can we (the ArmA 1 users) spect to see it on the ArmA 1 too?, the Johnn's USMC units still needing a ride. Let's C ya

Just trying to keep this thread active... I guess we dont get a bone huh?

No bones 4 u :D

I bet he works on it when he can/wants. :rolleyes:

Just let the man work and if he wants to update you he will

just keeping the fan base alive.. and if you dont think I realize his position then you have me confused.

No worries Meatball...all us old leathernecks will keep an eye out for this mod.