Sign in to follow this  
Electricleash

Arma2 on Mobile Broadband?

Hi all

I have recently made the decision to become more mobile due to the nature of my work; going where the work is for short periods of time.

I'm in the UK, with London as my first stop in the new year. I am investigating mobile broadband and I am wondering if anyone has any advice on or experience playing Arma2 (coop) through mobile broadband. I'm trying to find out whether it's a viable option or will the pings be too crazy for this level of gaming.

Thanks for your thoughts.

E

i can play on Tactical Gamer US servers from Russia with 180-250 ping without any problems. the game (coop mode) is not too sensitive to pings. the problem is that the game generates quite high loads on the channel and that may cause packet losses ;( I have no idea what pings you will get from your wireless provider. If it'll be higher then 300ms it may get messy.

Edited by ModeZt

Hmmm.. thanks Mode, I usually don't play on any server that has a ping above 100, thus limit myself to UK or Euro servers.

It works good I find, been using it for a while now. Been getting pings anywhere from 90 to 250. I'm also able to host a server to ;) people can get in, but only a limited amount.

I've played with pings that are NEVER below 300 with a fine experience. Ping isn't the be all and end all.

I've played with pings that are NEVER below 300 with a fine experience. Ping isn't the be all and end all.

This is true, I've noticed that some players may have a low ping but they are sucking up major bandwidth. People need to realize that ping is just the speed of the connection between player and server. If someone is sucking up the server's bandwidth it reduces the bandwidth available to update other players and packets will bottleneck.