Sign in to follow this  
CtGuy

Win 7 64 not working with arma2

I had been playing Arma 2 on Vista 32 bit and everything was fine. Now I formatted all my hard drives and installed Win 7 64 bit. No matter if I load Arma 2 in any mode (xp/vista compatibility) or if I turn off or on the PhysX mode, or anything, My graphics are really messed up, where I cant play the game. Ive downloaded all the newest drivers and cant figure out what to do.

Game people have weird heads that look half made, hands that look like the creature from the black lagoon, and those are in the videos, actual game play you cant make anything out.

Here are my puter stats:

CPU: Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

Speed : 2.81GHz

Motherboard: ASUS P6T DELUXE V2

Memory: 12 gigs of Corsair CM3X2G1600C9 2GB DIMM DDR3 PC3-12800U DDR3-1600

Video Cards: 2 NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (2x 112 SM4.0 1.4GHz, 2x 1GB DDR3 2x900MHz, PCIe 2.00 x16)

Hard drives: WDC WD740ADFD-00NLR5 (74.4GB, SATA150, 3.5", 10000rpm, NCQ, 16MB Cache) : 69GB

WDC WD7500AADS-00L5B1 (750.2GB, SATA300, 3.5", NCQ, 32MB Cache) : 699GB

dvd:HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH20LP20 (ATA66, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache)

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A (ATA66, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache)

Case: Antec nine hundred two

X-fi XtremeGamer sound card

cnps 9900lcd zalman CPU cooler

Corsair TX850W Power Supply

Cyberpoint 850 AVR LED UPS

Thanks for any help, Ive tried everything and have re-installed it as original version and then each upgrade all the way to 104 and no changes.

I had a similar problem with one gpu and 8gb ram, occourding to others apparently its too much ram. BUT when I take the ram out i still have this issue in seven and when I put in my decond crossfire card (HD4890) it goes away. BUT I still get crap performance. so I made the switch to xp and got the worst graphics corruption ever! I even run my windows 64bit with four gigs ram and the game is JUST playable. I think vista ran it better. I have tried all the shortcut switches and nothing works.

Q9650 3.6ghz, Corsair DDR3 1600, GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo, two Sapphire HD4890 crossfired, western digital (7) and seagate (XP) HDD

Edited by lobi
specs

don't know about all the graphical wierdness you report but 191.07 works great for my single gtx280, i7 processor. one thing - when i went from vista 64 to windows 7 64, i was getting microstutters evey few seconds that did not exist in vista. the solution for me was cpucount=4 in shortcut target. took me hours to figure this out. runs FAR superior for me now than vista 64 ever did. might also want to doublecheck your graphics driver. i was so used to selecting vista 64 as my operating system that i downloaded the wrong driver for win 7. hope this helps.

I have a i7 920 on win7 64 and diverent problems with arma2 (stutter,CTD,etc)

But with the last beta Patch and diverse parameters, my arma works better.

Not perfect but better;)

use beta patch : http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

use arma launcher for simpler use: http://arma2.ar.funpic.de/

Launcher options:

-start the beta with the laucher

-set cpu count to 4

-use winXP mode

Id like to thank everyone for trying to help. Tim Rice....wouldnt running that just be a shortcut to going into compatibility mode and saying "run in xp mode"? I thought in my orig statement I said ive tried everything........but thanks anyway. Its just so unplayable its disgusting. I was able to get to the start of the game before, now it just crashes and I get a screen that says:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma2.exe

Application Version: 1.4.0.59026

Application Timestamp: 4aa8b5d7

Fault Module Name: arma2.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.4.0.59026

Fault Module Timestamp: 4aa8b5d7

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 001e9fa0

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I finished the game MW2, I finished OFDR, and now I was going back to finish Arma 2 and I cant even play it. BENSDALE... I may try the patch, but Im not crazy about betas. Thanks for the help so far..............not working.

Game is so messed up I cant play it. This really stinks.:butbut:

Edited by CtGuy
remove email

it's about 40megs. i doubt it'll fit into your mailbox. i can upload it to some file hosting.

Id like to thank everyone for trying to help. Tim Rice....wouldnt running that just be a shortcut to going into compatibility mode and saying "run in xp mode"?

Not exactly. Running in XP compatibility mode runs in full XP comp mode, but running Arma2 with -winxp forces Arma 2 to use the XP version of direct x 9 as oppose to the Vista version (I believe running in XP mode in Vista/7 still uses the vista versio of DX9, it just disables DX10 features from being allowed)

i didnt like the thought of using beta patches but its painless and you will get more out of arma 2 if you use the latest patch, theres a big difference in gameplay for me since the last official patch release, is this the site you tried for the latest beta patch http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php.

I might get a few micro stutters with windows 7 64bit i thought it might be internet lag but i shouldnt have lag my adsl2 connection seems pretty quick, i run 8gb ram with just under 4 as a ramdisk i also have a quad core cpu (q9550) and a 285gtx maybee i should try the -cpucount=4 see what thats like.

BTW with the last couple of beta patches im getting the same performance i used to when i overclocked my 2.83ghz quad to 3.8ghz so im happy i can run my cpu at standard clock and enjoy the game, arma II is definatly improving Excellent work BIS.

I got the launcher but my IP Provider wont let me into the place. No Usenet or lots of other things are taken away as well. That patch is only available from the one site only and its a FTP site. Launcher did not help with my problem. Could you upload the beta patch to ocean1955@sbcglobal.net for me if its not too big?

Thanks/Mike

What are you talking about...???

You don't need a launcher or anything. Just go to the beta site where the links are. Download the zip file.

Apply beta patch.

Use the shortcut to launch arma2.

It is no usenet or cracksite or anything... it is an official site and all you ned to do is right click and do "save link as"

I have used Win7 64 RTM and i have haven't had any problems ever. Every beta patch just improves performance. No need for -winxp or -maxmem parameters.

So to OP. Don't blame Win7 for errors you had. Something else is most probably the reason.

Thread titles like this are just misleading people.

I am playing on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit with latest Beta, no Problems here, ArmA2 is running fine.

What are you talking about...???

You don't need a launcher or anything. Just go to the beta site where the links are. Download the zip file.

Apply beta patch.

Use the shortcut to launch arma2.

It is no usenet or cracksite or anything... it is an official site and all you ned to do is right click and do "save link as"

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.c...uild_60588.zip I cant even get into the site, as Ive already mentioned my ISP wont let you FTP) I get the following:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at downloads.bistudio.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Then if I go to : http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

I can get into the page, and if I try to save link as, this is what I get:

The download cannot be saved because an unknown error occurred.

Please try again, with a big yellow asterisk attached.

That is the only page that ARMA2_Build_60588.zip can be found, and it wont let me in. I dont have trouble with anything else anywhere I go.

My sbcglobal email sub account is good for up to 50 megs.

BULLDOGS: Thanks for setting me straight on the difference between compatibility mode and that other attachment.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Wills, I tried to install MW2 for 11 hours on Vista 32 and it was such a nightmare using steam (had a real old account that I had not used in years) and finally after going nuts, (hey This game cost me more then any other pc game I ever bought) my wife said......

you are duel booting vista 32 and win 7 64, why dont you try win 7? So I did, and everything worked right away and I was playing the game within 20 minutes. After that, I decided to erase all of my 3 hard drives and do a win 7 64 only.

This trouble with Arma2 is the first trouble ive had in 3 weeks now. And the game ran so great for me in vista 32!!!!!

ModeZt, I received the 2nd part of 20 megs, but not the 1st part. I dont know how long it took you to upload 20 megs, but I do appreciate it. I hope that you can upload the first part as well. The first two attempts failed, and I dont know how you knew it was from your end.

I was just looking up about the lady who does the voice in portal for GLaDOS and sings the song at the end "still alive" and how she is like 60 and does not play any of the games like Half life. Im gonna be 55 in Jan and I bought my first computer in 81. It was called a Atari 400. Then I bought a Commodore 128, then in 1988 I bought a Amiga 500 and put 3000 into it total. A one meg hard drive with ability to expand memory costs almost 800 bucks back then. I was really into flight sims, and all the really good ones switched over to PC, so I bought one that was pre-made, and Ive built every one ive owned sence then. Thats about 6 now.

My buddy had a mom who worked at Yale in New Haven. He gave me her password to get on the web, so Ive been using the internet sense 1989. Started with a 300 baud modem, then a 1200 then a 2400 then a 56K and then came dsl.

thanks for your help Man, I really appreciate it!!!!!!

Brand new PC all new components, Core i5 + 4GB ram + HD5770 + Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Inserted ArmA disc, ran autorun as administrator. Installed ArmA. Launched, set vid card options, played bootcamp for a while. Exited. Downloaded 1.04 patch. Ran patch exe as administrator. Launched, set new vid card options, played armory for a while.

Easy breasy no problems whatsoever. :)

I have downloaded the latest drivers, patches, EVERYTHING that people here have suggested. Nothing has made any changes. I am at my wits end. I have re-installed and tried with no patches.....believe me...Ive done it all.

I want to thank all the wonderful people who made suggestions and tried to help me with this problem.

Mike:j:

I have downloaded the latest drivers, patches, EVERYTHING that people here have suggested. Nothing has made any changes. I am at my wits end. I have re-installed and tried with no patches.....believe me...Ive done it all.

I want to thank all the wonderful people who made suggestions and tried to help me with this problem.

Mike:j:

If your GFX is "messed up" then its your 12GB, pull out one set of 6GB and see. You can use the Betas and it will fix the 12GB issue, If that doesnt work(betas) then your doing it wrong... But for the love of god pull out 6GB for now to test. so we can narrow down the issue.. Also what browser do you use? FF, IE or Chrome?

I am using Mozilla Firefox Version 3.5.5 But I dont see how that is going to make any difference with how a game runs.....its got to be Win 7 64, as when the same computer with the same everything was running vista 32, Arma2 ran great (with the same 12 gigs in place as well). Because I have no problems with MW2 or OFDR or HAWX or L4D and the graphics on them are fine, its not my computer hardware.

PULLING HAIR OUT OF HEAD..................