Sign in to follow this  
jasonnoguchi

Operation Arrowhead Suggestion

yeah also make the high command bullshit optional please! I don't need no stinkeen dollars for shooting enemies and resource management in my ARMA!

aight?

It is optional? Or do you mean that the campaign currently uses it? Well, even then, it is optional, just it's much harder if you don't use it.

That doesn't mean I liked having it, though. I hated it. Was a pain to get through those last two missions. But it was possible.

I hate warfare missions in campaign! No high command and money and resupply trucks please!

fully agree. hardly realistic or fitting with the game at all

yeah also make the high command bullshit optional please! I don't need no stinkeen dollars for shooting enemies and resource management in my arma!

Aight?

a (f**king) men!!!!!! :d

I hate warfare missions in campaign! No high command and money and resupply trucks please!

This is when I stopped playing the campaign and started using the editor instead :)

Yes it is true. This missions was boring. Missions in campaign like Manhatten and Razor2 are great, but warfare missions are bad.

Agree.... no warfare in the campaign!!

Please use motion capture for the animations. The human movements are still too gay especially that WIDE striding running animation with head absolutely still and level... that's too fake.

Please use motion capture for the animations. The human movements are still too gay especially that WIDE striding running animation with head absolutely still and level... that's too fake.

You should make sure you know what you're talking about before writing it.

his post is perfectly reasonable and understandable, yours is not.

agreed, while running, it looks ridiculous for the head to remain perfectly level.

Make it so we can play the same campaign from both sides! :)

the campaign will be story driven, so no. sorry.

You should make sure you know what you're talking about before writing it.

Care to explain what I missed in my request?

- No Warfare in SP

- No bugparty

- No crappy teamleading (hidden commands, like formations and so on)

- No tons of bad translation and mistakes in writing (-> radiochat)

- No choppy radio voices

- No FPS problems for highend machines (reduce the amount of textures or give us free SSDs)

- No cheap addons that would be done for free and even better by the community - give us features

- No high grass that causes unfair (dis)advantages in MP and even SP vs. uber-AI

- No unbalanced AI that is able to see through everything (buildings, vegetation, water)

- No cheating AI that reports enemies not reliable

- No slots in vehicles that are not usefull: like SU-34 Gunner, M1A1 Loader, MLRS <- WTF?!

- No airplane rudder bouncing after using them

- No AI that does not follow orders (in situations where even OFP-AI would have followed orders)

- No confusing menus

- No confusing gear menu

- No confusing server screens

- No text blocking HUD

- No HUD-icons that remind me playing a Wii game

- No textured map ingame at any zoom-level

- No explosions in burning vehicles that dont carry weapons

- No more ammobug when an object is full

- No OFP: DR (ok Im not serious :D)

- NO FULL PRICE GAME! I SAID GAME? ADDON!

But thanks so far for ArmA2 BIS :)

Edited by Blechreiz

want want want and all for a discount price...

What makes you think you deserve such things?

Because I allready bought a game that promised me many of the points for 49 Euros. (dont mind the other five titles from BIS I bought- OFP,RedHammer, Resistance, ArmA1, QueensGambit). By the way these points are the worst bugs or mistakes ingame from my point of view. Dont flame me for posting my ideas fanboy.

so because hes pointing out that youre being extremely unreasonable, hes a fanboy?

Tbh arma2/OFP have been the best value games ive ever played (other than free ones). What other game gives thousands of hours of enjoyment for £25 ?

You didnt even read my points did you? 'The no full price game' is linked to my opinion that mose issues wont be fixed anyway. Which point is unreasonable?

Edited by Blechreiz

All animations are made in BIS motion capture studio... They have a very professional studio. Please take the time to educate yourself about BIS to see how much they actually done to put ARMA together.

All animations are made in BIS motion capture studio... They have a very professional studio. Please take the time to educate yourself about BIS to see how much they actually done to put ARMA together.

Nothing more to say since they obviously got this guy who runs with that incredible olympic style wide stride and a level head for their motion capture. Even the running in ArmA1 is more natural than this one.

For the record, High command has nothing to do with Warfare and movements ARE mocap, except that YOU control the head and upper torso.

For OA I would like :

- A more unified command system : reorganize the quick menu so that you can have access to complex commands menu with formations, stances etc... (no double system with space bar and backspace)

- Reorganize/add/change some commands (something like "Land" or "Get higher" or "Get lower" for flying vehicles, fire on my lead, copy my stance)

- better responsiveness of High command + more options to get in/rearm...

- New gear interface in the editor (no addweapon scripting for such simple tasks)

- New halo module

- New ambient traffic module

- Fully funcional 3D editor

- Better camera script management : ability to create camera cutscenes with waypoints/keyframes in the 3D editor wihtout jumping in and out of the game to notepad and RPT...

Hi,

ive a suggestion and i think it fits more in suggestion topic for OA as for Patch 1.06 because its maybe to more work to implementate.

My Idea or suggestion is about the problem, when a user starts the game with several mods, as we know in the last time there are released several mods and addons and can'nt connect to a server because of these and that addon. So normally you exit the game and restart, it takes time and nerves, which often leads in a stagnation in game happiness.

So my idea is, to start the game from the beginning with all mods which are installed (a script or so regonized the installed @.... files ) and if the player wants to connect on a server where a specific addon (which is started) istn't running, but I've installed it, the game automaticlly disabled the addon and I can connect to the server.

The other idea would be the game start without any mods/addons/scripts and if I want connect on a server where a specific Addon is requiered and i've installed the Addon, the Game enabled the Addon automaticlly and disabled it after the disconnect.

It may requiered a tool, like a game intern modlauncher or so (I know its often discussed) but maybe there are other ways to make such system.

Yes sofar, maybe BIS have look on suggestions about OA, Patches and Communityideas and it will find the way in OA. :)

Edited by evion

I think the anims in ArmA2 are way better than the ones in ArmA.

NO FULL PRICE GAME! I SAID GAME? ADDON!

It was stated when OA was announced that it's not going to be a full price game.