Sign in to follow this  
prp003

ATI HD 4890 and 8gb of ram?

Hi all, I am just about to order a new computer and I have been reading around the forums about an issue Arma and Arma 2 have with systems with 8gb of ram. I plan I getting an AMD phenom 955 X4, with 8gb DDR2 ram and an ATI HD 4890 graphics card. It will be running Windows 7 Home premium. Has the issue with ATI cards and 8GB of ram been solved yet (black blocks and textures not rendering etc)? Thanks for any information you can give me. I also plan to play Arma 2, and I hear there are similar problems so info on that too would be helpful. Thanks again.

The issues with ati cards and large amounts of ram for ArmA 1 were sorted out with the beta patch 1.15. The current patch is beta 1.17, so if you update to the latest patch you should be good.

As for ArmA II: If there are any issues with ati and ram, it's news to me.

I've run both ArmA and ArmA II on an Intel core 2 due 3.1ghz, 8 gig ddr2 ram, Vista 32 and 64 ultimate and ati 4870 and 4870x2 (not all at once obviously). ArmA runs like a dream with everything maxed out and veiw distance of 5000. ArmA II runs fine/acceptably with a bit of tweaking and a veiw distance of 3000.

;1498925']The issues with ati cards and large amounts of ram for ArmA 1 were sorted out with the beta patch 1.15. The current patch is beta 1.17' date=' so if you update to the latest patch you should be good.

As for ArmA II: If there are any issues with ati and ram, it's news to me.

I've run both ArmA and ArmA II on an Intel core 2 due 3.1ghz, 8 gig ddr2 ram, Vista 32 and 64 ultimate and ati 4870 and 4870x2 (not all at once obviously). ArmA runs like a dream with everything maxed out and veiw distance of 5000. ArmA II runs fine/acceptably with a bit of tweaking and a veiw distance of 3000.[/quote']

lol,

...beta 1.17,so if you update to the latest patch..

you can only play on windows server

because

no linux server patch of 1.17 was release!!!

i cant play on my favorite linux server´s until 6 months or longer.

i cant say what bohemia make, but he make it bad.

this was my way to didnt buy Arma 2 !