Sign in to follow this  
commander jao

How do you use scripts

In the script download there might be the following things that you may or maynot need.

1) The script itself. (However many that maybe)

2) Should be a init.sqf or a text document telling you want to place in your missions init.sqf

3) Should be a Description (I forget the file type) or a text document if there is anyting to be place in your missions Description.

4) In some cases the script download will have a example mission with it. place that in you MP Missions folder to view it in the Editor.

My Computer/C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma2

Open the Editor and view the "Example Mission" In some cases you might see Triggers, or a code in a item/players init area that you may need to copy.

I would recommend merging the Example Mission with your mission (You can merge in the Editor select merge on the tabs to the right in editor), while following the above steps. Also if doing this besure once you get th escript to work save and copy your mission as a back up always a good habbit to get into incase something dosent work you have a good copy of your mission to fall back on. I'm not sure if that answers your question or if you understand but I'm sure someone can help.

I'll post some links to tools you can use to help you with this. I dont remember them off the top of my head.

Edited by tuocs