Hey Günter,

nice to hear about upcoming release! Still have ARMA and OFP installed on my HD, along with a number of Mods. Diskspace already reserverd for your WarMod 1.5. By the way: I think, there are numerous players having OFP, ARMA and ARMA 2 (OA) installed together on their drives. Sadly, ARMA itself has not as much stuff and reputation as OFP had in former days (and still have new things to add today), because everybody was fascinated by the very new abilities and functions ARMA 2 (OA) has to offer. Anyway, nice to see some very good new stuff for ARMA coming out.

Best regards and :cheers:

marcomio

Good Deal, and your welcome.

I have alot of work to do on it this week, I'm actually reviewing several mods that I never included, and will be doing alot of testing,

but I'm keeping my promise for the weekend.

Spread the word, let WarMod for Arma1 be revived in the community!

Once i get this version released, anyone be interested in putting together a nice small or whatever size you want trailer for me,

i'd do it but i run everything on low, I'll see what i can do but im not really a movie maker tbh.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Man I'm an idiot, im reviewing the files and readmes and such for the current downloadable WarMod 1.3 version on Armaholic, geese what a freaking mess,

all i can say i learned alot since 2009, and the new version will be very: refined, fixed, updated, added too, synchronized, reconfigured, rewritten, retested, rebuilt,

and well from my latest tests, F**king Ausome!

Feature Demonstration Series

I will be creating a series of semi short videos demonstrating various features of the mod.

currently the only feature demonstrated so far:

Ejecting shells and spent shell casings

QD8_aErTd4g

there will be a part 2 for this.

Note:

Videos aren't meant to be pretty or great looking, their just to demonstrate the features.

the colored lines on the video I think are from utube as when i recorded ingame with fraps

I had no problems or weird things on the screen.

Here is part 2

This video demonstrates a few infantry weapons which shows you the ejecting shells and shell casings.

Each gun has their own size shell casing based on their caliber, so for example, m16 shells will be different

in size compared to a 50cal sniper rifle, ect,.

heres the vid:

PD5YpNEgnqw

The next video im working on currently doing a quick edit and compressing will demonstrate tracers for a few Armored vehicles.

This will have 2 parts.

Note to see these videos other then here you can go to my utube channel.

again these videos are only to demonstrate not look pretty. i might redo the 1st video for the shell casings as

it turned out like crap, and the 2nd vid i did something different.

other features will be demonstrated soon.

After a few vids with WarMod I will do some for COWarMod.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Ok Gentleman,

just got word from Foxhound that WarMod has been released, here is a Download link to WarMod v 1.5

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8565

NOTE

Just wanted to point out that this version of the mod is what i had intended originally back in 2009 in reality the mod has evolved to this point.

gameplay sound note

Wanted to inform you guys that there is a sound mod in WarMod it is the Hifi sound mod,

so if you dont like it and want to use your own then remove all the files that say Hifi, or ask me.

Error Note

Lastly i want to point out that once in a while while ingame you may get an error message that may pop up, its can be rare and sometimes all depends on what your playing.

The messages as i understand them are just warning messages, errors basically, or debug I guess, but they wont prevent you from playing the game, or crash the game, or freeze, or anything like that.

I play with WarMod and have been playing with it alot and the same version that is on Armaholic.

that is basically it, as in my previous post more vids to come to demonstrate various features.

overall if theres any reports of problems, bugs found, and or feedback then post your reply.

let me know what you think of the new version!

Anyone download the latest version and play with it?

Questions, thoughts, reports?

Anyone download the latest version and play with it?

Questions, thoughts, reports?

Does this work server side? I'll download and check it out some time this week.

Thanks Günter!

Hi Skadog,

It should work server side, I dont have a server to test it on so after you download it and get it on a server let me know how it goes.

I know that you can join any server and run the mod and see all the effects and features, i did this back in 2009, and 2010.

If anyone else has the latest version 1.5 and would like to record some footage of some features from the mod then have fun,

would like to see what someone else comes up with.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hi Günter,

something I encountered so far is a problem, when trying to load a saved game. Following error-message pops up:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.warmod_loading".

Anyhow it is a nice one! Could it be, that one of the included mods increase the walking/running -speed, which is actual a good thought - but it looks a bit too floundering, when looking a the player in 3rd person view. But thats indeed no bug - I only want to list it. If I find something other, I will report back. Nevertheless thank You for your hard work!

Rgds

marcomio :)

Hi

WarMod_loading is the loading screen file did you delete or move that file?

If not remove it and see if you can load a saved game.

I recall a similar error in A2WarMod for Arma2 where one cannot load a saved game because of the loading screen.

hi guenther,

I followed the install instructions and extracted all files to arma2 directory but receive error message when starting arma with only war mod activated (no eeh). pls see error message below:

"File anzacsasenv\config.cpp, line 48: /CfgWorlds/:Missing }"

any ideas/ suggestions what might be wrong?

thx

coporado

..forget about it...just did not see it´s for arma 1...sorry!

WarMod for Arma1 only

A2WarMod for Arma2 only

COWarMod for Arma2CO only

Links in my sig

I have purchased ArmA on steam yesterday then I have downloaded an installed latest version of Warmod.

Problem is: When i launch warmod the loading screen with the SEALS in the water appears and it hangs there for ever. Anny suggestions?

Hi hipperion!

Welcome to BIS forums!

Did you do the following?

From my website:

http://warmod.webs.com/downloadwarmod.htm

Installing WarMod

Put the files below into your Main ARMA directory Folder

@WarMod

Keys

Dta

userconfig

@EEH

========================

Target Line setup:

-nosplash -mod=@EEH;@WarMod

If you installed it correctly then

what version of Arma1 do you have, it probably is 1.18

also post your RPT:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files

Rpt is a log file for the game its always produced and will list and show whats going on,

but make sure the mod is installed correctly and go from there.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I have purchased ArmA on steam yesterday then I have downloaded an installed latest version of Warmod.

Problem is: When i launch warmod the loading screen with the SEALS in the water appears and it hangs there for ever. Anny suggestions?

I think he might mean Arma2 CO as that is currently on sale on Steam

Well he said installed latest version of WarMod, WarMod by itself is for Arma1, also as he says here:

When i launch warmod the loading screen with the SEALS in the water appears

Ony WarMod for Arma1 has that loading screen, so hes definatley referring to Arma1 WarMod, if not then hes got the wrong thread.

Well he said installed latest version of WarMod, WarMod by itself is for Arma1, also as he says here:

Ony WarMod for Arma1 has that loading screen, so hes definatley referring to Arma1 WarMod, if not then hes got the wrong thread.

Oh right i wasnt aware, sorry for the potential confusion. Was just trying to help :)

Hi,

I am sure I have installed the mod correctly. Dunno why but today after long wait on the splash screen I managed to get to the main menu but it looks like this and it is totally unplayable :

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6281/armawarmodmenu.jpg (1449 kB)

When I run arma without the mod it looks ok. I have some performance troubles and artefacts as I suspect that my GPU is overheating but it is playabe (I can play even prototype 2 or max payne 3 without much problems altgough still experiencing some glitches)

My specs:

Windows 7 64 bit

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20 GHz processor

HIS Radeon HD 4870

8 GB RAM

Sounds like it may be a hardware issue, but if possible can you post your RPT.

Other then the RPT do you have any way of checking the temps for your gpu?

Dont know what else to tell you, suggest you post about your issue in the troubleshooting section.

Reopening this thread with some important information.

For those of you who are still playing with Arma1, and my WarMod.

I recently received an e-mail from a player of WarMod who had issues with the mod and discovered how to fix it, i will post his e-mail below so you all can benefit

from his discovery/fix if your having the issue he described with the mod.

e-mail From S.Bacha

Hello, thank you for making Warmod. I installed it for ArmA and solved what I think is an important bug related to how ArmA manages memory. I had no problem with ArmA unmodded, but after installing Warmod I had a problem in making it work : the Textures wouldn’t load, resulting in graphical glitches where the whole game including the menus were a blurry mess. This is the same problem than hipperion posted about on this page : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?90816-WARMOD-release/page22 . I, too, have Windows 7 64bit with 8GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD4870 graphic card.

I did my research and found that ArmA had a problem with recognizing memory of more than 4GB. The solution is to limit the quantity of usable memory in msconfig to something like 3072MB.

After doing this, I can report that the mod is working. I had never this problem with stock unmodded ArmA.

This problem being related to systems with +4GB systems (and probably ATI cards), I think that many people are affected and it would help if you made an announcement.

Here is the solution is details :

o Press windowskey+R, and run msconfig

o At the boot tab, pick advanced options and put maximum memory to 3072

o Reboot

o You can also revert the setting by above method to get your full 4GB back

Hello everybody.

I hope someone still follows this topic, cause i have a problem with the mod. Everything's wonderful and all, what with the awesome AI, sounds, UI, but for me it has one major problem. It interferes with the AI scripting big time, to the point where some campaign missions, and some user made campaigns are no longer playable. It seems to make the AI start fights when they are not supposed to, or makes them go to places they souldn't be. Two examples:

One, in the very first mission of the ArmA campaign, the one where you get the mission to check out some shots fired in Corazol, my humvee never gets to the city. The AI orders everyone to disembark somewhere halfway along the road, and starts engaging far away enemies. The enemies in the town come out as well, and the battle takes place on the outskirts, making the outcome very uncertain. The mission might end successfully (albeit in a different way than normal vanilla), but more often than not, it could also hang because the enemies blow up the extraction vehicle, or the extraction vehicle gets lost on route engaging some far away enemies, etc. It's not how it's supposed to happen.

The second example is in the custom campaign G.L.O.R.I.A, where, in a cutscene, my jeep is supposed to be captured by some enemies, and they hold me at gunpoint. Well, that also never happens. Before the custcene starts, i can hear distant gunfire (which shouldn't happen), and in the cutscene, all hell breakes loose. Everybody's duking it out, effectively managing to kill each other, as well as me and my driver, DURING the cutscene. A cutscene where normally everyone should just stand around and talk to each other. It completely brakes the mission

So the game is pretty much unplayable with the mod, which is a real shame, because when it does manage to work, everything's wonderful, and i'd hate to disable it because i can't play the game otherwise.

So? any suggestions?

Hi,

you have the possibility to disable all IA's features into the ECS and GL3 configuration files,

(but not sure it's possible with the SLX mod). 

In fact, all campaigns generally work correctly with the vanilla IA, it could be problematic with extra IA mods.

(years later.... lol) i cant seem to figure out putting satchel charges on vehicles.

I believe its this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2048&highlight=GDT+MOD+SATCHEL

@Iskandru remove the following files:

• GL3_Config
  • GL3_Core
  • GL3_Music
  • GL3_Sound
  • truegameplay-ai-engagment
  • truegameplay-ai-hearing
  • truegameplay-ai-radar
  • truegameplay-ai-spotting

On 1/15/2016 at 10:52 AM, proudyfoot said:

(years later.... lol) i cant seem to figure out putting satchel charges on vehicles. 

Extremely late reply, but for any new users to the mod to benefit for this question you need to look at the vehicle with your zoom key real quick and then you can apply the satchel.

On 3/22/2016 at 7:25 PM, Iskandru said:

So the game is pretty much unplayable with the mod

The campaigns rather, if they are scripted to do a certain thing at a certain time then scripts for AI in the mod may interfere and or conflict, playing custom missions in the editor or downloaded i never had issues.

This is a late reply to very old posts but for those who are using the mod or looking to use the mod and or playing Arma1 with my mod then answers to unanswered questions may help depending.