Just now starting ArmA as a player. Would download this solely for the 'vegetation blocks AI view' feature alone!

6 hours ago, cheimison said:

Would download this solely for the 'vegetation blocks AI view' feature alone!

Dont need to as WarMod is a compilation mod, if you wanted the Vegetation fix its on Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2314

Description:
This addon replaces most ArmA vegetation (trees and bushes) with the enhanced AI view blocking versions.

i had permission from the original  author back in 2009 to add it to my mod so you dont need my mod for that just download it from the link its the direct feature. 😉

Although i would highly recommend my WarMod as it has tons of features including sounds.

I wont play Arma1 without WarMod 😉

Couple demos of the shell casing features btw:

Anymore questions, let me know im on the forums here everyday!

• Like 1

Haha, well some of the other features are cool, too, so I'll stick with it. I did have one problem (not sure if this is where to address it): the notepad that shows at the beginning of a mission over the map (that lists your objectives, etc.) is incredibly tiny and cannot be read. I believe this happened when I installed WarMod, so I am not sure if it's related directly or some sort of graphic setting that was changed.

5UwdYEx.jpg

On 7/29/2012 at 1:16 AM, marcomio said:

Hi Günter,

something I encountered so far is a problem, when trying to load a saved game. Following error-message pops up:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.warmod_loading".

Anyhow it is a nice one! Could it be, that one of the included mods increase the walking/running -speed, which is actual a good thought - but it looks a bit too floundering, when looking a the player in 3rd person view. But thats indeed no bug - I only want to list it. If I find something other, I will report back. Nevertheless thank You for your hard work!

Rgds

marcomio 🙂

I resolved my issue with the mission/map notepad, but now I am having this error. I tried to remove Warmod_loading and got another error instead. I don't know that this will work with SP.

8 hours ago, cheimison said:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.warmod_loading". 

WarMod_loading.pbo is just a loading screen at the start of the game,  it does nothing other then that.

For the error, did you edit a mission with WarMod loaded and then tried to play the mission without WarMod?

Also if you get such errors, open the mission's  Mission.sqm and under autoaddons just remove the file from there as the mission will keep asking

for it until you load the mission with the mod or take out its dependency.

8 hours ago, cheimison said:

I tried to remove Warmod_loading and got another error instead.

What error were you getting, cant help you unless you show what the error is, idk what your playing whether its a mission you made, stock mission, or a downloaded mission, got to be specific.

Just to note, if your building missions, dont build them with WarMod loaded, build your missions with the vanilla game unless you are needing some mod for added units, weapons, or whatever.

WarMod is a gameplay mod so only time you should be running it is when you are going to play missions, if you have it running while building a mission, theres a good chance you will create an addon dependency

so next time you dont run WarMod with your mission, then the mission will ask for something from WarMod.

Make sure your shortcut command line is this when playing with WarMod ----->     -nosplash -nologs -mod=@EEH;@WarMod   at least this ----> -mod=@EEH;@WarMod

When i start Arma1 with my mod i get no errors, when i start without WarMod_loading.pbo ... i get no errors so idk how your getting errors,

maybe you are missing the @EEH mod?

9 hours ago, cheimison said:

I don't know that this will work with SP.

Was made for SP, its also been used on servers without WarMod needing to be on the server.

Back in the day i used to join servers as a test while running WarMod and i would still see all the features and functions from the mod, but overall its built for singleplayer.

I did not build anything. This is vanilla campaign. I did nothing to WarMod or any other ArmA files.

It also makes green lasers shoot from the enemy,

And it makes most of the campaign missions unplayable because the enemy instantly sees you at your starting point and mobs your unsupported ass beyond any hope of success.

Technical difficulties aside, this mod simply is not conceptually compatible with the actual campaign.

1 hour ago, cheimison said:

It also makes green lasers shoot from the enemy

Tracers, they look like lasers but the intent was tracers, if you want to remove that then remove this file ----->  SIX_Tracers.pbo

because the enemy instantly sees you at your starting point

You can make adjustments to in the userconfig for the AI

go here C:\Program Files (x86)\GAMES\Arma 1\userconfig

and look for GL3_Global.sqf, open it with notepad, read the titles, you can adjust the settings in there, to disable something just remove the 2 \\ lines you see next to a code.

I would recommend going through the Features readme seen here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GAMES\Arma 1\@WarMod\Documentation

Features readme is inside the Documentations folder which is inside the @WarMod folder.

Just remember that this is a compilation mod so theres alot of gameplay mods in WarMod, features readme has a list of all the mods in the latest version, then if you

scroll down past that list, each mod listed (in alphabetical order) is the description for each mod.

Technical difficulties aside, this mod simply is not conceptually compatible with the actual campaign.

Ideally WarMod is not meant to be used with the campaign, campaigns are usually heavily scripted, so WarMod can alter a response as you are seeing.

Suggest going through the features readme and removing some mods that you are seeing issue with in the campaign.

Never played the campaign myself back in the day, always built, or downloaded missions.