I just picked up ArmA1 from Sprocket, buy my rig is specced out for ArmA2. I wanted to play the ArmA1 campaign and thought I'd see some mods. This one looks great but I'm wondering if there's a way to disable the lower resolution proper mods? My computer should have no problem running everything in the highest quality settings. or am I misinterpreting what the proper mods do in Warmod?

Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a way to disable the lower resolution proper mods?

am I misinterpreting what the proper mods do in Warmod?

You dont need to worry about the Proper mods.

The proper mods fix,change, and enhance various aspects of gameplay and dont have anything to do with resolution.

for example:

a close friend of mine whom I play WarMod with on our Arma server is a computer tech, he built his own rig and has a very high end system,

large monitor and greater resolution then mine,high cpu, 3 of the latest nvidia graphics cards ect,..

he plays the game at everything maxed and dont even get a stutter nor lag, lucky bastard:rolleyes:

Dont worry your game will be fine, any other questions then let me know and i will get to them as soon as I can.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

In ArmA2 the Proper mods lower the quality of objects (and their respective LODS). So I was afriad it did the same thing in this mod.

No sir, there was a Proper mod that I did not include in WarMod which is the:

PROPER Shaders Removed by Lowplants

as seen here

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4423

all it did was remove the shine effect on vehicles.

but all the Proper mods and addons, and mods that are in WarMod deal with alot of fixes that were

rather stupid in vanilla Arma, as well as enhancements, realism upgrades, and basically gameplay overall.

There are many proper mods I found that are not listed on Armaholic nor Armed assault Info, so i found a drirect

section to the proper teams work and picked out the ones I felt would be best suited for the mod, and I ended up

using about 90% of them.

All the other addons and mods in WarMod all deal with gameplay, fixes that weren't done by any of the official patches,

as well as effects-

there are alot of effects like tracers, explosions, shell casings, ect. and the greatest thing too is the AI enhancement,

and there are several AI enhancements in WarMod.

-GL3

-ECS

-VFAI

-Truegameplay AI

-AI sandbag fix

-Dynamic Sound AI

-AI Grenadier Fix

There were some AI addons and mods other then those listed I tested that were cool, like one was a suppression mod and made

the AI become suppressed, it was rather pretty cool, and you would have these long drawn out fire fights, with ammo getting low

so it really kinda of immersed you a bit. Problem was that the AI would not move up after a while, if i was with

a attacking squad I was the only one moving even after the enemy was down to maybe 1-2 guys. So it didn['t work.

The there were others that had some of the same features as GL3, so there was no point on including them, and then there was

ones that wouldn't work.

So I literally spent months downloading and testing each addon and mod seperately and together to see what they did, and then to

see if they worked with other mods, and quite a few failed. then there were some that I really saw no point in having as the frequency

of its use was very slim, I mean you get a cool feature that you'd only use maybe once ingame, so i didn't bother.

hope that sheds some more light on WarMod features.

Any questions then post your reply.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

The only still broken links are the ones on Armaholic for part 1 and part 2. The full FTP dowload links there are working though.

Gunther, as I'm sure you know, your rig's only weak spot is your AMD cpu. I use the same video card as you (mine is the original 192-shader version) and it kicks butt in Arma. A Core 2 Duo in your box would make a big difference as Arma 1/2 is so cpu-dependent. But since you'd have to switch platforms entirely, I'd skip the C2D and go directly to the core i5/i7 series.

I'm still good with Win XP. I tried running Arma under Win 7 and it worked fine except that I could not get any sound in Fraps movies (Creative driver problem which still may not be resolved).

I will get the downloads going tonite. If I still have the original v1.3 zipped up, should I bother downloading it again?

Both 1.3 and 1.4 patches downloads work for me on Armaholic, you may have tried the patch download

when it was down as foxhound said the link was broke and I had to send him a new update recently because

of the recent discovery and tests, thanks to Skooma's insight.

My Cpu is maxed out for my motherboard, i cant go any higher for my Mobo, so if i get a new cpu i have to upgrade

my Mobo too, and if I do that then im going to do another overahaul.

If I still have the original v1.3 zipped up, should I bother downloading it again?

If you dont find it then dowload both parts 1 and 2, the 2 zips are just split because of the size, or you can download

the 1.3 from armaholic which Foxhound combined both zips into one and reduced the download size quite a bit.

If anything see what you got for 1.3 and then just get the patch 1.4

Its very easy to install, everything goes into your main Arma Directory.

but your shortcut now for the patch will be this:

-nosplash -mod=@ECS;@WarMod;@GL3;@EEH

Updated the first page of WarMod Release Thread with a new compiled list of

Features as seen below:

what is WarMod?

Warmod is a compilation mod that fixes,enhances, and alters many effects and gameplay of Arma.

Features of WarMod:

- UI (user interface) change, the gamy indicators have been removed

- Realistic Audio-visual awareness inside vehicles, and Armor

- Weapon control -(hit where you shoot!)

- Weapon dexterity and dispersion has been eliminated

- Realistic bullet, rocket ballistics, & rates of fire for small arms.

- Tank Ammo definitions and correct ballistics for shells

- Realistic Tank Loadouts, and Laser engagment systems

- Blown turret FX for tanks

- HiFi Novus Aevum / HiFi v2.0 Realistic Sound Conversion mod

- Major AI Overhaul (WarMod has just about every addon & mod for AI)

- AI Spotting, engagement distances, hearing, and radar upgraded

- Dynamic sound & Extended voices - AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading,

throwing a grenade, engaging, when they're hurt, fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! and say things based on the situation.

- Fully working twin mguns for AH6 chopper,BIS Camel and ZSU Shilka

- Ability to Attach a Satchel to Vehicles, & Armor

- Realistic Kamov (Ka50)

- Functional Iron Sight for M136 and RPG

- Chopper and Fighter Plane easier to fly

- New explosions for grenades, bombs, missiles, and general effects

- Over 150 Fixes for many aspects of the game

- Arma Vegetation replaced so the AI view is blocked by trees and bushes

- Character movement, weapon animation, transition fixes are spedup for smoother character control

- Spent Shell Casings -(see bullet, grenadier shels,50 cal, and other shells

- Various blood effects such as 1st aid pack, blackouts, bleeding, ect..

- Upgraded grenadier -(enables all grenadier Bluefor units to have a realistic loadouts)

and many more!

Its in the features list above, but it is:

HiFi Novus Aevum / HiFi v2.0 Realistic Sound Conversion mod

and

HiFi Sound FX 1.5r2 @ HiFi Warfare

both are by Mark XIII

of course if you didn't like the sound mod you could always remove it and add your own.

WarMod is pretty customizable like that.

Hello,

First a big big thanks for your admirable work.

Else a Question what is the Last ArmA Patch that we Could use (V1.14 or more ???).

Now my Main Question :

I just want to ask you if you have in your project to improve the completely stupid OFP/ArmA/ArmA II AFV system.

No AFV have Life point .... it's not the number of shot for itself that kill an AFV/dammage part of an AFV but different factor (the shell AP/HE/HEAT/....., in function of the shell the Distance, The penetration, the type of Armor material etc ..., the location of hit (could just immobilize AFV, shock, stun crew, wound crew, kill crew, damaged motor, turret rotation, one or another armament etc ...).

An OFP (The First) Complete MOD on WWII in side German/Russian have do this job in time of OFP so it's possible i 'think.

Thanks again for your job :)

See you ExA

Edited by Exaercase

Hello.

Thank you, to answer your question:

what is the Last ArmA Patch that we Could use (V1.14 or more ???).

Arma official Patch 1.14 and up will work, although I only tested WarMod and play WarMod with 1.14,

but it should work with the other patches.

if you have in your project to improve the completely stupid OFP/ArmA/ArmA II AFV system.

Only mod that seriously changes that Tanking values in WarMod is the:

NWD_TankFCS v0.2

refer to the topic here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=63293&highlight=NWD_TankFCS

WarMod has this mod in it, as well as:

zTanks Merge

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72051&highlight=NWD_TankFCS

WarMod is a compilation mod so other then 4+ months of research and testing, and figuring out how to

combine all the addons and mods into one mod I cannot improve apon the tanks anymore then what has

already been done with the mods that are already in WarMod that cover various aspects of penetration, ballistics, and gunnery control.

WarMod for Arma is pretty much done as i really cant go any further with it, I mean I have covered a vast

number of addons and mods, if your looking for something for Arma that changes or fixes or enhances, most likely

it will be in WarMod, I mean I done it all already, but Unless someone has some great ideas for the Arma version

of WarMod I'm open to ideas and suggestions, until then I have pretty much

moved on and am currently working on Arma2 WarMod.

Any further questions, then dont hesistate to ask.

Just wanted to say this was my favourite way of playing ARMA, the only way I played single player.

Would be fantastic to see an ARMA 2 version.

Thank you and your welcome.

Would be fantastic to see an ARMA 2 version.

Yes it would and it is in the works!

I will have a Arma2 WIP thread started soon,

just trying to get some things out of the way first before I do.

I have one started on my website, and the website is updated partially for Arma2

but I'm going to be changing the banner up top, as well as other stuff.

Lots of work but worth the time after seeing the results ingame!

Any questions, concerns, and or thoughts then dont hesitate to post,

I will get back to your reply as soon as I can.

No, it is not availiable yet for Arma 2 or OA.

Currently it is WIP - (Work in progress ) for Arma 2,

it will be a while yet before it comes out.

Hi again Gunter and Thanks for the 1.4 update. I thought mentioning, the CWR-mod missions didn't work for me after 1.4 patch, they crashed to desktop after clicking Continue in briefing. The problem seemed to be the Red's Fix, removing that one file solved the problem.

I have one suggestion for the future: You could make some kind of list of the addons that are included, and which PBO files belong to which one. That would make Warmod much easier to customizable. Now I often find myself wondering "what is that xxxx.PBO..?", although I'm starting to remember them... :P

Ive been playing Warmod again, really enjoying it and working on a mission specifically for it.

By the way ive discovered a bug - you have to reload twice when using the Hi CAP M203 soldiers. One way to fix it is to remove S63_GrenadierPack_Cfg-Untagged.pbo from the @warmod\addons directory

EDIT:

My bad. Its not a bug, the mod makes the reload automatic now

Edited by Mack.
see above

Thank you.

You could make some kind of list of the addons that are included, and which PBO files belong to which one.

That would make Warmod much easier to customizable.

Great idea, something I think I have considered doing before but since I use the term customizable alot

when I talk about WarMod it probably be appropriate and helpful, glad you brought it up.

What i will do is create a page on the WarMod website, listing all the mods,

and then under each mod will be a list of all the pbos, and files that belong to the mod.

I will do the same for the Arma2 version of WarMod.

Thanks for the idea.

you have to reload twice when using the Hi CAP M203 soldiers.

I have to laugh cuz I did the same thing when i first tried the mod, as I was used to doing that,

then in a mission i was engaging enemy after shooting off a rd, and had no time to a new m203 grenade

and when i finally was abot t reload i noticed it was already done,

so i shot off some rds and seen that it is automatic.

Ya the untagged pbo has to be in there if you want the mod to

have all your grenadier soldiers to have the Hi-cap ability.

As per readme

The package now also includes the 'tagged' version which creates copies of the

existing soldiers and modifies their loadouts. If for some reason you do not wish to

modify the existing soldiers, delete the 'untagged' PBO from the @S63_GrenadierPack\Addons folder.

Any questions,thoughts, even ideas, then let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hello. Just a couple of things ive discovered.

1) I noticed the DMSmokeEffects_config.hpp was in the Dta directory but no sign of the pbo. I reunpacked the zip files i downloaded of V.1.3 (in 2 parts) + the V1.4 patch to confirm. The PBO appears to be missing, not sure if its suppost to be included in the mod. I downloaded DMarkwick's last release, added it on and its working fine. Its brilliant combined with VFAI.

2) Theres a small issue with the M4 M68. The sound is new replacement when shooting in single shot and a different sound when shooting in 3 round burst. To test just put down a BLUEFOR rifle man in the editor.

Im still really enjoying WARMOD, I will see if I can figure out a solution for the sound issue.

EDIT:

Just to add to point 1, what im trying to say is theres no viewblocking for the AI using smoke

EDIT2:

I have figured out a fix to the M4 sound problem. Ive fixed it by disabling HiFi_Novus_Aevum_weapons.pbo sound file. The sounds im hearing with it disabled are all new so I guess there is a clash from another mod?

Edited by Mack.

Hello,

DMSmokeEffects_config.hpp was in the Dta directory but no sign of the pbo.

its because the JTD smoke mod is not in WarMod, and you wont find the pbo.

The smoke mod killed my game it was rather intensive, good but bogged my game down, so i left it out,

and accidently left the hpp in there when I was testing.

Up to you if you want to add it yourself, mod is customizable.

Just to add to point 1, what im trying to say is theres no viewblocking for the AI using smoke

Yes I understand, thats why you have to add the viewblock that is in his mod.

EDIT2:

I have figured out a fix to the M4 sound problem. Ive fixed it by disabling HiFi_Novus_Aevum_weapons.pbo sound file.

The sounds im hearing with it disabled are all new so I guess there is a clash from another mod?

news to me, didn't really bother me, if you have a problem with something,

or find something conflicting then let me know we'll see if we can sort it out,

but On my end i dont hear anything that sounds out of the ordinary.

Possible it could be conflicting with something. Sound mods are a personal taste,

so if you like another sound mod then take out all the HIFI stuff and add your own,

thats whats great about WarMod its very customizable for the player.

There is a working list for all the features in Arma WarMod, there is a Feature Files page

which I recently built last week that lists all the features and then the files that go with them.

Each and every mod in WarMod was tested singly and then tested while adding other addons and mods,

and I had no issues, some have brought some things to my attention which we have solved,

so by all means if you do find something your not sure of then please dont hesitate to ask.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hi again Gunter and Thanks for the 1.4 update. I thought mentioning, the CWR-mod missions didn't work for me after 1.4 patch, they crashed to desktop after clicking Continue in briefing. The problem seemed to be the Red's Fix, removing that one file solved the problem.

I have one suggestion for the future: You could make some kind of list of the addons that are included, and which PBO files belong to which one. That would make Warmod much easier to customizable. Now I often find myself wondering "what is that xxxx.PBO..?", although I'm starting to remember them... :P

@Oksu : I hope to play CWR using this mod, so could you share the details on "Red's Fix" ? I searched this thread but could not find any reference to it.

Website Update

A page has been created on the WarMod website:http://warmod.webs.com/

that lists all the Links for all the addons and mods that are in the Arma version of WarMod.

The Link on the Menu for this page is: ArmA Feature Links

This page is was very late coming yes I know, and sorry but the page is setup

for those that wish to have access to those addons and mods,

its basically a reference.

Any questions, thoughts, let me know.

Still enjoying the mod!

Ive discovered a snag,

The AI dont use M203's, Ive narrowed it down to something in the warmod directory. I will let you know when i figure it out