you can use any third party addons, units, vehicles, weapons ect., with warmod.

its like the other way around really, take what you got and add warmod to your game with your existing setup and you will see a big difference in AI, effects, weapon control, sound, and gamplay overall...

Alright! I'll definitely give this a try, then. :bounce3:

I would like to annouce that Warmod has been updated to version 1.2

Details are below!

DOWNLOAD WARMOD:

If your Downloading Warmod for the 1st time get this

FULL Version 1.2

Filefront

http://www.filefront.com/15107447/WARMOD--v-1.2.rar/

If you have Warmod v 1.1 already then get this:

Patch Version 1.2

Filefront

http://www.filefront.com/15107273/WARMOD-Patch--v-1.2.rar/

If your Downloading Warmod for the 1st time you will need this:

Required Mods:

- ECS mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2910

- ECS Client patch

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2954

- ECS Themis compatibility component

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2956

- Group Link 3 - The Ultimate AI Enhancement

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4576

As of December 10th 2009

UPDATED version 1.2

Changes:

- Installation Readme has been updated

- Feature readme has been updated

Additions

-ECP & GL3 Tweaks readme has been addded

SDP Vehicles with multiple guns

by

Sudden Death

Description:

The addon brings you fully working twin mguns to the AH6 chopper and BIS Camel and fully working AA-Gun to the ZSU "Shilka".

The models and textures are all BIS original stuff, only added the scripts.

If you want to use those scripts with your own addon, please ask for permission and give me credits.

Features:

AH6:

- working 2nd M134-MG

AH6 (RACS):

- working 2nd M134-MG

ZSU "Shilka":

- fully working AA_Gun

BIS Camel:

- working Twin-Gun

VFAI - AI Extension

by

Victor Farbau

Description:

VFAI will allow units to scan their immediate environment for bodys and their equipment. If a unit goes below certain ammo levels it will try to snitch a magazine, a grenade or smokebomb here and there. If the unit looses its weapon or does not find ammo in a given time the unit will focus on getting a new weapon as quick as possible. In that case the unit will drop the empty weapon. As of version 2 VFAI should automatically detect and handle all weapons types including 3rd party addon weapons. However I noticed some difficulties if addon creators used mixed upper/lower case

class numbers in their addons.

VFAI consists of 3 independent addons

1. VFAI_Equipment

enables units to independently equip themselves with weapons and ammo from dead bodys. Further information and details included in the readme file. I advise you to read the readme file - it might explain some behaviour you wonder about. Installation: read the readme file (it is easy).

2. VFAI_Smokeshell

will cause units to throw smokeshells whenever they're hit. They will try to throw smoke into the direction of the gunner to block his view. More details in the included readme file. All units will then be equipped with 1 smokeshell and will know when to use it.

Attention ACE Mod users: ACE uses additional "Hit" event handlers to simulate gunshot wounds. It might interfere when both addons try to process the hit event at the same time. I got stuck only once in a seemingly endless animation loop due to that; but it can happen. If you experience this too often, simply turn off Smokeshell.AI through the control panel or don't install SmokeshellAI.pbo at all.

3. VFAI Control Panel

Using this control panel addon you will be able to switch VFAI addons on and off in the middle of the game. The control panel is moveable (finally) and will indicate which relevant addons are being found (Equipment, Smoke, ACE Mod), hence some options will or will not be selectable.

TrueRangeAI - (also known as truegamplaymods)

by

rg7621

TrueGameplay-AI-Spotting v1.0

- Increased AI spotting distance (AI will spot a "Man" or "Vehicle" far away and specify the specific unit when the two get closer or one uses optics).

- Adjusted visibility so that movement speed and stance play a more important role in AI spotting.

= Most > Least Visible (Sprint/Run/Walk - Stand/Crouch/Prone)

- Decreased visibility significantly while crouched and prone for a greater stealth aspect.

= Most > Least Visible (CrouchWalk/CrouchStop/ProneFastMove/ProneSlowMove/ProneStop)

All of these aspects affect AI spotting ability...

- The units skill setting (Low-High). Can be the difference of ~200m spotting distance.

- ViewDistance (Below 1200mVD shortens spotting distance and above 1200mVD increases spotting distance).

- UnitType (Grunt, SF, sniper) = Most > Least Visible (Civilian/AverageSoldier/SF/Sniper).

- Speed at which you move (Stationary, Crawl, CrouchWalk, Walk, Run, Sprint). Can be the difference of 100's of meters spotting distance. Slow and stealthy approach is guaranteed the safest.

TrueGameplay-AI-Hearing v1.0

- Increased auditory awareness distance (AI will hear gunfire and vehicle engines at greater distances).

TrueGameplay-AI-Radar v1.0

- AI should not fire past the ViewDistance line ("beyond the fog"). The only time which they might, may be because they are still tracking a target for 5 more seconds, because of the AI 5-second cycle or AA.

- Static Weapons (StaticM2, D30, ect..) don't show or give off radar signals.

- Using fog and vehicles with radar is still dangerous, but they're visibility is greatly reduced if you do use fog. The safest way would be to match the VD with the fog line (Ex. If fog cuts visibility down too 500m, then setViewDistance should be 500m).

TrueGameplay-AI-Engagment v1.0 (Already in warmod v 1.1)

- Increased engagement distance (AI will engage up to 600m for typical).

- Increased rate of fire (AI will engage at a faster pace and they will use burst/full-auto mode around and up to 300m).

- AI will fire handheld weapons at transport helicopters moving at medium to slow speed (AH6 included).

- AI will fire AT rounds at slow moving helicopters.

- AI tanks will fire Sabot rounds at slow moving helicopters and possibly HE rounds at infantry.

- AA units will now engage Jets. (AA soldiers now fire AA at fast moving Jets).

what was added to warmod:

- TrueGameplay-AI-Spotting-(added)

- TrueGameplay-AI-Hearing-(added)

- TrueGameplay-AI-Radar-(added)

- TrueGameplay-AI-Engagement-(already in warmod v1.1)

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Thank you.

heres what a couple of my friends in my WW2 Realism Unit (187th) have recently said about Warmod:

Sigurd Nacht

Seriously, ARMA evolution with WarMod is the most fun I have had with a video game in years! In a word...Epic.

Helmut Jäeger

No Shit...I am really liking this game A LOT! Your WarMod really makes the game. Without it I really don't see how others play the game. I think it sucks without the WarMod. Gunter did a phenominal job on his mod. I won't play without it!!

For my next update (1.3) it will be a little bigger than

the last one (1.2), and am currently finishing up on testing and bug hunting.

still have to update the readmes, and get a few permissions but I

should have 1.3 out before christmas;)

Edited by Gnter Severloh

After a lot of research and testing, and updating I am proud to Announce

WarMod has been updated to version 1.3

DOWNLOAD WARMOD:

If your Downloading Warmod for the 1st time get this

FULL Version 1.3

Filefront

http://www.filefront.com/15182243/WarMod-Full-v-1.3.rar/

187th Ftp

http://www.187thmgdivalphasite.clanservers.com/Mahtayo/WarMod%20Full%20v%201.3.rar

If you have Warmod v 1.1 or 1.2 already then get this:

PATCH Version 1.3

Filefront

http://www.filefront.com/15181619/WarMod-Patch-1.3.rar/

187th Ftp

http://www.187thmgdivalphasite.clanservers.com/Mahtayo/WarMod_Patch_1.3.rar

If your Downloading Warmod for the 1st time you will need this:

Required Mods:

- ECS mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2910

- ECS Client patch

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2954

- ECS Themis compatibility component

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2956

- Group Link 3 - The Ultimate AI Enhancement

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4576

As of December 21st 2009

UPDATED version 1.3

changes:

- Installation Readmes has been updated

- Feature readme has been updated

- Whats new readme has been updated

- Permissions list has been updated

WarMod Additions

Deadfast's Cartridges (v 0.2.0)

by

Deadfast

Description

Allows cartridges to stay on the ground and simulating ejected ones from mounted weapons on vehicles it brings the atmosphere to a new level!

Nothing better then walking through all that brass at the end of a mission :)

Scripts are pre-compilled and cartridge models do not display in distance to ensure maximal possible performance.

Features:

8 cartridge models created by Mondkalb (reference photos by Freshman):

- 9x19 Luger

- .45 ACP (not used ATM)

- 5.56x45 NATO

- 7.62x51 NATO

- .50 BMG

- 20mm

- 40mm grenade

- Hand grenade safety pin

* Automatic removal system based on time and/or cartridge limit.

* Simulation of ejected cartridges for some vehicles

6thSense.eu Pack 1 (v 0.4)

by

6thSense (sickboy)

Included *.pbo files

SIX_Blood.pbo

SIX_CRDS.pbo

SIX_Editorupdate.pbo

SIX_Misc.pbo

Description:

* 6thSense.eu Misc - Contains functions, scripts and settings used by other 6thSense.eu Addons, and More!

* 6thSense.eu Blood - Enables Unit Dammage (Bleeding etc) and Special Blood Squirt Effects

* 6thSense.eu CRDS - Enables Unit Dammage (Bleeding etc) and Special Player Hit FX

* 6thSense.eu EditorUpdate - Enables otherwise hidden classes inside the editor so you can place them

6thSense.eu Pack 2 (v 0.1)

by

6thSense (sickboy)

Included *.pbo files

SIX_Repl_Reloadtime.pbo

Description:

* 6thSense.eu Reloadtime - Updated reloadtimes of rifles with values that are closer to reallife

Real Dispersion

by

NonWonderDog

Description:

This fixes something that annoyed me to no end: in the stock game, the accuracy of single shots depended on your fire mode! With this mod, that particular bit of insanity only applies to the AI, and single shots with your rifle set to automatic fire will be exactly as accurate as single shots with your rifle set to single fire.

Sniper rifle dispersion is also increased to realistic values, and MP5 and handgun dispersion is reduced to realistic values. (Small arms dispersions might still be twice what they should be, but that's the way it was before. I think the value might be halved for player weapons.) Gatling cannon and machine gun dispersions are also reduced to their published values, being 1.5-3 mil for mounted machine guns and 5-8 mil for gatling cannon.

GDTModTracked

by

HeinBloed

Description:

This Addon is monitoring each tank's up vector, vertically speed vector, and vertically position.

If the limits are exceeded the tank will be placed on ground and it's Speed will be halved.

This Addon is primarily running server side. On client side it is only necessarily for tanks which are created on the client machine.

GDT Mod Satchel

by

HeinBloed

Description:

This Addon enables you to attach Satchels to Vehicles.

This Addon is client side only.

Usage:

Action Menu:

Attach Satchel to Vehicle

Attach satchel to a vehicle. (Only one satchel per vehicle)

Set timer +1 minute

Timer for this satchel increased by 1 minute. (If you don't start the timer befor you set the timer on another vehicle the timer on the first vehicle will be reset to 1 minute)

Start timer

Starts the countdown timer for this satchel.

Deactivate bomb

Deaktivates the satchel. Player will gets the satchel back.

Touch Off vehicle bomb(s)

Touches off all satchels

Compact Fix for ArmA (v 1.16A)

by

zGuba

- zgb_deathcam

Watch your death in this new camera view

(in the compact fix there were many included features, but Zguba told me

the mod was broke and when i tested it this and one other thing is what worked.)

zTanks Merge (v 0.9)

by

zGuba

Description:

- ZGB_TankBallistics.pbo

Based on NWD_TankBallistics. Contains ammo definitions and correct ballistics for shells.

Required by ZGB_TankLoadout.

Should be running on server.

- ZGB_TankFX.pbo

Main feature:

blown turret FX. Solution by Sebastian Mueller.

Requires ZGB_TankModels.

Can be running on server.

- ZGB_TankLoadout.pbo

Based on NWD_TankLoadout. Correct loadout settings for tanks.

Requires ZGB_TankBallistics.

Can be running on server.

- ZGB_TankModels.pbo

Contains models that merge features of NonWonderDog's tank optics and SmurfC T-72.

Required by NWD_TankFCS and ZGB_TankFX.

Due to custom model animations should be running on server.

PROPER ToughChopperRotor

by

PROPER (Kju)

Description:

This little addon makes it impossible that the main/back rotor can brake.

The chopper may still suffer from a fuel leak, out-of-control spinning or complete destruction.

This probably can be achieved via config tweaking as well, yet this works universally for all choppers out of the box.

- Armed Assault Download

- 187th website Ftp Download

both of these will become availiable in a day or so and the downloads links

on this page as well as the first will be updated then.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I was recently pmed by another member about an issue as well as a friend had asked me that they were getting an issue where the GL3 (Group Link 3 - AI Enhancement Mod) yellow menu dont show up in the beginning of a sp mission, or in the editor when they go to preview.

Even though its already in the mod the menu dont come up for some, somehow EEH in the mod isn't being read.

The Soultion

Download EEH (extended event handlers)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2605

and install it like a mod and add it to your WarMod shortcut target line like this:

-nosplash -mod=@ECS;@WarMod;@GL3;@EEH

and the menu will show up.

any other questions, or concerns then dont hesitate ask, if i cannot find an answer for an issue then i will ask someone who can.

Merry Christmas by the way :xmas_o:

Hey, doesn't NWD's Tank FCS comes with the pack? The rangefinder options don't shows up in the M1/T-72.

Thanks Gunter, I'll keep it in a separate mod folder to avoid issues...

Congratulations for WarMod! Fantastic work!

you probably wont get any issues if you put the addons into warmod addons folder, only issues i had was the system itself not any issues like in terms of compatibility, i just felt it was to complicated to shoot your gun at a target, i merely wanted to add some realism but i guess it was rather to much to do for me, if you guys like it then by all means go for it, i use the zTanks Merge (v 0.9) pack, just not with NWD TankFCS on another note i found the Ai slow to respond to any commands as a Tank commander.

Glad I could help and thank you.

Günter, I just loaded up your mod last night and it's like Arma is a whole new game. Fantastic!

I think I will most likely be using your mods exclusively from now on. I constantly am making gameplay movies of my missions so, undoubtedly, I'll be posting them on Youtube as I go.

I record in Fraps at 1280x800 and then edit in Corel Video Studio Pro X2 and output at 1280x720 at VERY high bit rates which I then directly upload to Youtube (as HD).

When I've got a movie completed using your mod, I'll post back here.

I can't wait to upload some videos using your "mod" - and yeah, I acknowledge the fact that many, many people contributed to this.

One question I have...when we play WarMod, are we using the default settings that come with ECS and GL3 or are we playing with your tweaked settings for both those mods?

Hey DesertJedi,

Thanks very much.

A good movie would indeed be something interesting especially from someone that has some skills and has a good imagination.

I tried to make one but when i run fraps my vids get to much lag.

I would definatley be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

One question I have...when we play WarMod, are we using the default settings that come with ECS and GL3 or are we playing with your tweaked settings for both those mods?

Initially i had the mods tweaked because i had a differnt setup and I had included ECS and GL3, but they are seperate downloads now since

version 1.2

What i did do is compile a list of tweaks into a worpad doc titled ECP & GL3 Tweaks, this is included in both the full version of WarMod 1.3 as well as in the Patch, you can find it in the readme folder, just follow the directions and you can get your own game setup, any questions with it then let me know.

Only thing done with warmod which i really dont understand why no one has done before is take almost all the fixes, effects, alterations, and make one mod out of it, thats what Warmod is its basically 90% of all the addons and mods ever come out put into one mod, why go search for something to fix this or that? its already in Warmod.

Mod is geared for gameplay, performance, realism, effects, and AI enhancement!

Any questions concerning specific mods that you want to use then check out the feature readme for the mod as it lists everything that is in the mod and what it does and who it is from.

I look forward to your movie:popcornsmilie:

any other questions thoughts or concerns, or even ideas,

then post a reply.

A good movie would indeed be something interesting especially from someone that has some skills and has a good imagination.
Well, TBH, I don't think you'll be seeing much imagination in my movie. I don't choreograph - I don't even know how to!

All my movies are simply gameplay movies. I do aggressively edit though. Probably about 75% of the footage gets cut out and the action sequences are kept in. But my buddies were glad that I finally was able to produce fairly long HD movies with nice transitions. I used to have to compress and shrink the living hell out of them so I could e-mail the movies to them (at 20MB or less).

Now I can upload movies up to 2GB in size to Youtube. I'm actually more constrained by the 10-minute limit than the file size limit.

Will post back when I have something - sometime next week.

BTW, whenever I use the mod, I get the following error whenever the first bullet is fired (by anyone):

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on dowloadable content that has been deleted.

mbg_cartridge

I've been playing at Arma v1.14. Is that okay?

Edited by DesertJedi

Now I can upload movies up to 2GB in size to Youtube. I'm actually more constrained by the 10-minute limit than the file size limit.

kinda of wack to have 2 gigs of footage yet only have so much time, for that amount it should be like 15min at least.

BTW, whenever I use the mod, I get the following error whenever the first bullet is fired (by anyone):

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on dowloadable content that has been deleted.

mbg_cartridge

Ya i get the same error, and i really dont know why as the mbg_cartridge mod is in warmod, this error for some reason is stating that its missing, when its clearly in the addons folder of WarMod, it is somewhat annoying, but there is no negitive effect in the game that the cartriges are missing like you can still see them with Inf weapons and see them with the m2 mg on m1a1 tanks, as well as the Russian varient Mgs on tanks and static ones, the cartriges and grenade shells still show up.

something im going to look into.

I've been playing at Arma v1.14. Is that okay?

I use the same version, and i get the same results.

Aint no other way to play, its almost unbearble to part with warmod, i wont play any other mod without it.:rolleyes:

With Deadfast's cartridge addon you shouldn't need the mbg one. The two might conflict.

I sent Mondkalb a pm last night to ask him, and he says that we can take his mod out as deadfast's cartridges as it pretty much does the same thing but has more features.

It was Mondkalb that helped deadfast with his mod i believe.

and your right Snafu, it does conflict,

i took the mod out and had no errors or anything come up,

and the shells still hit the ground.

Problem solved!

wish i thought of this sooner:j:

anyways

heres what you do:

1. go into WarMod folder

2. go in the addons folder and remove these 2 pbos

mbg_cartridges

mbg_cartridges.pbo.MBG.bisign

that will remove the error message that comes up when you or another

shoot their gun the first time while ingame.

that will remove the error message that comes up when you or another shoot their gun the first time while ingame.

Excellent! :bounce3:

Are you going to update the download file?

BTW, obviously, with the use of GL3 and maybe ECS too, the enemy is much more aggressive and from what I've read, "smarter". And then there's the increased engagement distance too. I'm getting my butt handed to me a bit trying to keep my AI mates alive and I can't put that in a movie. :D

Edited by DesertJedi

Are you going to update the download file?

I'm considering it at least for those that would consider downloading it for the first time.

I can't put that in a movie

sure you can, i did, just make several clips of engagements, and compile them, i did that with my first vid.

The clips i made were on the 1.1, and 1.2 version of the mod you can see them on the first page of this thread.

Me and a buddy in my Realism unit play Evoultion blue with WarMod and we recorded all sorts of cool action, hope to have pretty cool vid soon.

as for a previous question, " will i update warmod with the fixes that were recently made"

I belive i will as one of my guys (in the 187th, my realism unit) had to redownload warmod because of a change in motherboards, he found one of the files were corrupted from filefront, we have another place to have files uploaded too, so I will make the necessary fixes, and changes,and then reupload with new links, for the full, and patch version of the mod.

for those that never downloaded warmod it will have the adjustments, and for those that already have warmod then all you will need is the patch if you have an older version 1.1, or 1.2 of the mod.

if you have 1.3 version of the mod already then

heres the fix:

1. go into WarMod folder

2. go in the addons folder and remove these 2 pbos

mbg_cartridges

mbg_cartridges.pbo.MBG.bisign

that will remove the error message that comes up when you or another

shoot their gun the first time while ingame.

all for now, hope to be back soon with footage my buddy captured, i cant wait to see it as i haven't seen it yet from his end of the battlefield.

I got the chance to play the WarMod for many hours yesterday and encountered many problems. Here's a list:

- binoculars don't work (they come up part way and block your view)

- most missions I played had a "content deleted" message

- various error messages like "fuelstation or church is not an array". Errors that don't occur without the mod.

- AT soldiers drop their M136s (always happens in one mission)

- sometimes I can't assume command after dying. This is usually taken care of by hitting the 0 and 1 keys.

- AI soldiers don't want to follow orders (maybe because these mods put them on "steroids"?)

These are all things that don't occur when playing without the mod. I'll see if I can see which mod is killing the binocs.

I am currently playing v1.14 Arma. Queen's Gambit is installed but I'm using the standard WarMod launch command without referencing QG.

I got a lot of footage and am working on a couple of movies. The immersion using the mod is far beyond vanilla Arma.

Edited by DesertJedi

I got the chance to play the WarMod for many hours yesterday and encountered many problems. Here's a list:

- binoculars don't work (they come up part way and block your view)

- most missions I played had a "content deleted" message

- various error messages like "fuelstation or church is not an array". Errors that don't occur without the mod.

- AT soldiers drop their M136s (always happens in one mission)

- sometimes I can't assume command after dying. This is usually taken care of by hitting the 0 and 1 keys.

- AI soldiers don't want to follow orders (maybe because these mods put them on "steroids"?)

These are all things that don't occur when playing without the mod. I'll see if I can see which mod is killing the binocs.

I am currently playing v1.14 Arma. Queen's Gambit is installed but I'm using the standard WarMod launch command without referencing QG.

I got a lot of footage and am working on a couple of movies. The immersion using the mod is far beyond vanilla Arma.

To bring up the binoculars right click or press Ins. A feature not a bug. :)

Also, some mod stuff might conflict with each other. ECS and GL3 have a lot of features that crossover. I have a mod set-up similar to Warmod and I have kept ECS for environmental stuff and the wounding effects and GL3 for the AI enhancements. I did disable the GL3 AI combat tactics as I found it to be rather ineffective. It makes the AI stick together but because of other mods I use they still retain a sting. It may not work as my set-up is not the same as Warmod but you can still give it a try. Hopefully they should follow orders now.

To bring up the binoculars right click or press Ins. A feature not a bug.
Oh, so this is something that lets you have some situational awareness? I've never seen that before.
Also, some mod stuff might conflict with each other. ECS and GL3 have a lot of features that crossover. I have a mod set-up similar to Warmod and I have kept ECS for environmental stuff and the wounding effects and GL3 for the AI enhancements. I did disable the GL3 AI combat tactics as I found it to be rather ineffective. It makes the AI stick together but because of other mods I use they still retain a sting. It may not work as my set-up is not the same as Warmod but you can still give it a try. Hopefully they should follow orders now.
Hmm, I wonder what Gunther has to say about this. Maybe some stuff, as you say, needs to turned off.

I do have some ECS stuff to shut off:

- burning when close to something on fire

- all the first aid and "bleeding out" stuff

- and probably more

I kind of like the vanilla Arma first-aid functions believe it or not! :D