Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

SBP Slovenian Soldiers

Sahbazz from our team is preparing out units from A1 to be released for A2. Here's one teaser shot. This army will probably also be used as official Island Panthera Government army ;)

arma2-2009-11-24-00-39-3.jpg

p.s. guns in photo are just default BIS, our army of course uses FN Herstal F2000 and it will be present along as F2000S.

Is it a port? I always wanted to port ARMA1 marines... (my reskin troops) but it always crash when I hit preview in the editor.

On topic... very nice camo... looked really fit in Chernarus :)

Mr.Centipede: yeah, a lot of config fixing and model altering is needed.

p.s. Its not Chernarus, its Island Panthera ;)

ohohohohohohhohohohohohohoh....and NOW I ask you:a good slovenian like you knows the recent history of your region so why not a mod about balcans war with units and a map with mostar or sarajevo?

We have all weapons made from Ex-YU conflict for ArmA1/2 for personal use, for example M70AB2, M72 MG, tromblon mines, Zolja and stuff like that. But otherwise I refuse do any recreations of bloody wars of 90's, memories are still too fresh and mostly I don't want to offend anyone.

You can find YU weapons in SBP4ACE 1.5 for Ace Mod, that only works in ArmA 1. I guess you'll have to wait some more to see it in A2.

Cool textures, but I'm wondering if you will go beyong retexturing and make some differences in the model or not.

Anyway, textures are pretty good as I said.

Edited by ziiip

I question just how many african faces we should be seeing in the Slovenian army.

If I'm wrong then please correct me, It's just I've been searching the internet and I can't find one picture of a black Slovenian soldier...

Go ahead acuse me of being 'racist', I don't care. If I'm going to use european units then I expect european skins, If I want to see african militia then I don't expect to see a bunch of europeans, If I want to play as the People's Liberation Army, then I don't expect half of my team to be of african descent.

26dec08_pv_kosovo_ceta.jpg

340x.jpg

50589832.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=4996399091E83186A4AA2C5E5BE22EDA80D5697B907F1B93

V_2009-03-04_URADNI-OBISK-PREDSEDNIKA-CRNE-GORE-1_BOBO.JPG

I would have hoped the maker would have cast aside political correctness for realism, like the maker of the upcoming PLA mod, Fromz. If black or caucasian faces were used in the upcoming PLA mod then it would look ridiculous, the same applies here.

To answer why I care so much, it's because, to me at least, ARMA2 is meant to be about realism.

Edited by Sky999

Sky999: well, you are right. Slovenian Army doesn't have a single black person on the roster. That is a shame, but I think that will change soon, too. We accept all people, all races in all areas (work, sports, friendship, army) and we are a proud member of EU.

In A1 we removed black faces and there were couple of guys calling me racist because of that (couldn't be further from the truth). I agree, realism matters. And therefor we will have Caucasians only. When that changes in RL we will fix it in A2, okay? ;)

New WIP shots:

Desert camo

slovenianpatrolisladuala.jpg slovenianpatrolisladuala.jpg slovenianpatrolisladuala.jpg

Standard camo

slovenianpatrolpanthera1.jpg slovenianpatrolpanthera2.jpg

Thanks go to our member Sahbazz and Maj Z. New AI soldiers have random Slovenian names and all are Caucasian as in RL. Weapons Herstal's FN F2000 and F2000GL are already in A2, but they are tweaking the configs and polishing out the details. Soon.

Edited by IceBreakr

In A1 we removed black faces and there were couple of guys calling me racist because of that

heh

some community members search for not existing problems or had no geography lessons ?

in Arma2 you can simply inherit class from CDF and they speak Czech (Slavic language)

i wait when someone will tell it about Polish army, hehehe

or if someone will do African country army addon or Japan army than should there be white blonde "for political correctness" ?

Edited by vilas

New WIP shots:

Desert camo

slovenianpatrolisladuala.jpg slovenianpatrolisladuala.jpg slovenianpatrolisladuala.jpg

Standard camo

slovenianpatrolpanthera1.jpg slovenianpatrolpanthera2.jpg

Thanks go to our member Sahbazz and Maj Z. New AI soldiers have random Slovenian names and all are Caucasian as in RL. Weapons Herstal's FN F2000 and F2000GL are already in A2, but they are tweaking the configs and polishing out the details. Soon.

Good work man, love the camo.

Team is finishing up a new version today, but we're still converting FN F2000 from A1. Otherwise we're using them for months now ;)

Completed betatest of new weaponry and Isla Duala v1.05 (only non-public, pre-v1.1 test)

sbp_slovenian_soldiers_sloweapons_wipS.jpg

(Click to see 800KB full-size image)

Hats off to creators Sahbazz and Maj Z. from our SBP Team!

Pack will feature woodland and desert camos. Default weaponry is FN F2000S, FN Minimi and M9 (Beretta), but pack will feature older Yugoslav weapons too: M70AB1 and M70AB2 (with tromblone mine), M72B1 machinegun and M80 Zolja RPG.

M-80 Zolja features advanced functions:

~15% of shots will fail. 3% fins won't open properly and will fly off wildly to other direction, ~7% will fail on impact with a little bang and very little damage to vehicle. Soldier throws the used tube to the ground and a small heat smoke can be seen coming from the now useless tube lying on ground.

Edited by IceBreakr

Currently no plans since Slovenian army doesn't use it, we have:

RPOO 90mm DND RGW 90 by Dynamit Nobel Defence GmbH, Germany.

i_60ba3e99fa.jpg

500 m effective range, penetration 450mm RHA.

Looking good. Nice detail on those units..

everyone is gating Modernized!

do you know anything about the new camo pattern that are gating tested

Link (last pic with 3 guys running)

Edited by This is Bosnia

We have Osa too, but not in A2... its still in VBS1 :D . Btw, on video you can see when i fire 2 shoots, AI brings me new mags ;) , scripts are old sqs and should be rewriten...

I still have model, old config and scripts somewhere, but only god knows on wich HD.

osa-served-3.jpg

Edited by mchide

mchide that looks great, tnx for the update!

This is Bosnia: we're well aware of Slovenian new camo that is currently still in testing phase. When it will get official we will take hi-res photos and put it to A2.