Sign in to follow this  
lntimid8or

Search & Destroy

Help, ive tried everything from this forum. i.e. using choppers, from the hill by myself and everything. I was able to get close 1 time, but the scud was behind some trees. Ive seen posts where some guys can do this mission in 5-10 minutes. what is the best and easiest way?

thx in advance to any1 who helps me

This ones a bugger and took me about fifty goes, my advice approach from the east of the scud with your troop. crawl through the greenery and when you get close to the camp SAVE the game. Then its up to you, go into the hills and you meet a troop of spetznaz so stay down low and under cover. Remember to order the others to use stealth.

On one occasion only I managed to hit a tank with a LAW and the crew jumped out, I shot them and stole the tank and drove to within feet of the scud. However I was so excited at doing this I forgot to shoot it and got blown up myself......DOH!!!!!!!!!

The way I did it was this:

I got in the jeep at the insertion point (left my team behind), then drove around to the back of 'The Hill'. I approached the area from the North West, crawling along the ground so I wasn't seen, and I managed to find some bushes with line of sight to the scud (only the front of it, but enough). I was pretty far away, so I had to aim the LAW up a bit. Oh, and make sure you equip yourself with the LAW at the briefing (forget the satchels). Then I crawled back toward the jeep and the mission was completed.

I did this mission this way:

First I have chosen a LAW launcher and three laws instead of 3 satchels

Then I have ordered to my troop to wait for me (I know this isn't so smart but I can't

help it - I've been mostly shot because of my troop - I've been hiding but they were

runing all across meadows and bushes, so the BMPs started to shooting at us and result

was dead troop including me)

Then I kept running to the SCUD mark and even destroyed one shilka on my way

I've found scud and taken cover. First I've shot all the enemy troops on the hills, took

LAW launcher, looked in a valley and taken scud out with one simple shot

Then... just RUN!!! I've avoided BMP by crossing the woods in a starting point direction.

You'll need a lot of practice to do this. Just keep trying

Good luck!

I found thats its better to kill your own guy with the gustav launcher at the base and take it. its seeking, so you dont need to fire RIGHT at the scud to kill it.

You dont need to kill ur guys to take the Carl Gustav. You simply change his equipment. Click gear, and by ur name theres an arrow, click it and u can cycle through ur team mates, and choose what they take. Some soldiers are restricted to takin only certain weapons.

For that mission, its simple. Give yoursel the Carl Gustav, and give 2 otehr guys laws, and load them up on law ammo. give one guy an m60 ( for machine gun cover ). As soon as you start, tell ur guys to form a staggered column, then move leftward, until u see trees ( not the forest ) moving in a line toward the objective. Follow in between the trees, slowely approaching the objective. Make sure u stay clear of the Shilka. As your moving closer, dispatch zulu and tell them to go from the east. this is essential, so they can provide covering fire, on ur way back to ur small base, after destroying the scud. As u move toward the objective, you'll notice a small bunny hill, go at the top of it, look stratight through the trees, and you see have or more of the scud. take out ur Carl Gustav, and fire @ it. 1 shot will take it out, as soon as u pull the trigger, switch guns, and run back through the path u came. zulu will take out the incoming tanks moving into ur position. You should be able to safely make it back to base.

NOTE - Don't worry about ur squad, most will fight off the tanks. Also when running back, go to the forest, u dont need to go back to the base.

- Alex

There's the quick and dirty way to complete this mission, and it takes less than 10 minutes smile.gif First, call in the choppers and Zulu(I take eastern route), then put up Time acceleration to max, and let the chopper scorch anything in sight. The Shilkas can't shoot them down (most of the time) because of the time acceleration. So, this will make you rlife easier, much easier ... and it keeps all of your men alive so why not?

I was very disappointed by this mission.

I headed with my grunts east, through the forrest and around halfway up the mountain. I was leading and my team was taking on heavy fire behind me, while I was shooting prone at some enemy troops running straight up the mountain, south bound, around 100 meters from me.

I saw a Shilka to my left in the fields below the mountain and I decided to radio in a tank barrage using the east route.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

When that was over, I continued crawling on my belly eastward and slightly north to a patch of trees. While approaching, I could see the scud launcher and I got the 2 minute launch warning.

I radioed in air support and, before I could reach the scud and lay down a satchel, the scud launcher was destroyed by air support and I was told to get back to base.

So I crawled back the way I came till I reached the western foothills of that mountain. My score was a miserable eight hundred and something with 2-3 kills and 2 red X's.

I'll have to play it again.

The Search & Destroy is by far the most difficult mission in the whole game. I guess there are lots of ways to finish the mission but I've always done it the hard way and climbed all the way up to the Hill.

Fist take the truck and everyone with you. The squad is useful for keeping a lookout in case of the ambushing SpetNatzes. Drive the road to the north side of the hill and start the long and sweatty ascend up the mountain.

When at the top start descending the western slope and look for the SCUD. It's indeed behind some trees but there is a way to have a clear shot at it from the mountain slope if you go enough left while you are descending.

When you finally see the SCUD, call in the tanks (the western route) and a few minutes later the choppers. You need all the diversion you can get.

Now climb up the mountain so that the SCUD is just barely visible so that your LAW shots can reach the target. Make your savegame here.

The SCUD should now be about 400-500 meters away. While in the basic training in the Finnish military I was having a hard time hitting armored targets as far as 200 meters away but in real life you don't have the chance to save the game.

Take your shot. Aim high so the projectile has made a fair arc when you the target. Don't wait for the LAW to travel all the way to the SCUD but rather start gathering your stuff immediately after the shot and make a run for it uphill. If the LAW misses, load the game and try again. If you do hit, you have about 10-15 seconds until the HEATs start restructuring the landscape around you. If you can get some earth between the tanks and you in 15 seconds, you're safe. Now you shouldn't have to run very far until the game decides that you've completed the mission.

(Edited by Spitfire at 4:05 pm on Oct. 31, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Spitfire on 3:01 pm on Oct. 31, 2001

Fist take the truck and everyone with you. The squad is useful for keeping a lookout in case of the ambushing Spetz Natzes. Drive the road to the north side of the hill and start the long and sweatty ascend up the mountain.<span id='postcolor'>

You must have done this on the SpetNatz's day off. Every time I attempted this, most of my squad got mowed down while climbing uphill by the Spetnatz in a far superior position above us.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from theavonlady on 3:48 pm on Oct. 31,

You must have done this on the SpetNatz's day off. Every time I attempted this, most of my squad got mowed down while climbing uphill by the Spetnatz in a far superior position above us.<span id='postcolor'>

I never said anything about my squad surviving wink.gif Use them as a decoy, don't keep them following you around rather than giving them waypoints of their own. The whole squad is a lot more visible target for the spetnatz patrols than a lone LAW-equipped Rambo the other side of the mountain. Real life ethics don't apply here, just save the world instead of your squad. :biggrin:

This is true!

But loosing all your squad mates results in a worse mission rating sad.gif

But in THIS mission I lost them all, too.

-And was happy with it, because they slowed the tanks down, which were hunting me. I hate it if a Shilka is behind you and you are on foot...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTT!!!

Argh...

This si the easiest mission You can do it in many ways. I'll post two of them:

The first way:

You can seak to the area alone, call tha tanks when you came to the area, that they'll be disturb with them, when you'll destry the SCUD with LAW. When you destry it, hide quick in the bush. Than kill some russians and some Shilkas, so that you can call choppers. Now crowell all the way back and mission completed.

The second way:

Enbark yourself and one member of your team to jeep, drive to the position of choppers(November one), enbark team member and yourself to Cobra and fly to the position of the SCUD. First thing you do, is destrying the Shilkas. It's not so difficult. When the Shilkas are destryed, destry the SCUD. Fly high, because T80's will try to shot at you, too. Call tanks and the Cobra. Destry everything you see. I recomnded that you try to destry as many T80's as you can. YOu het high scores and they'll not shot at you. Well. Wit three TOW's you can destry only one T80. Wait for the M1A1's. Watch the tank they're fireing it. Fire at him when he'll be already damaged, so that you can destry him with only one rocket. When you're out of TOWS, destry the rest with FFARS and MGUN. BMP, T72 can be destryed with MGUN too in short time. Now, go back to the insertation point and finish the mission.

SpaceAlex: "This is the easiest mission"

Hmm. So you find Flashpoint harder than this?

I find that quite surprising...

Hang on- the Carl Gustav seeks??? and it has a sight.......soo......that should make things much easier:)