Sign in to follow this  
rstratton

KA-50 Hokum

The flares are easy to add via the config file.

You'll notice the config file references memory points. Memory points are located in the Memory LOD of the model. You can only edit the LOD of a model if you have the MLOD. If you reference memory points that don't actually exist on the model, the flares just appear from the model origin (0,0,0).

So yes, you need the MLOD to properly do flares that don't sprout out from the center of the model.

I have been asked to ask rstratton for written permission to use this Ka50 Hokum model in ACEX.

They already have a Hokum, and they might already have been given your permission - it's a bit unclear since it happened 4 months ago and was a bit undocumented.

4 months ago, a person requested that ACEX include the Hokum, and one of the developers said he had mailed rstratton for permission. He didn't say what reply he got, but now we have a Hokum in ACEX. Only problem is it isn't rstratton's. It's an uglier model that looks like it came from ArmA 1.

So, rstratton, does ACEX have permission to upgrade their Ka50 Hokum to your model?

permission was granted like a year ago. aushilfe from the ace team was working on it, but its been months since i seen him. the rhs team has it now but i donno what they are gonna do with it.

Edited by rstratton

You'll notice the config file references memory points. Memory points are located in the Memory LOD of the model. You can only edit the LOD of a model if you have the MLOD. If you reference memory points that don't actually exist on the model, the flares just appear from the model origin (0,0,0).

So yes, you need the MLOD to properly do flares that don't sprout out from the center of the model.

Do not disagree with you at all. However, without the mlod the flares work fine for me and look convincing.

It was a suggestion for a work around.

permission was granted like a year ago. aushilfe from the ace team was working on it, but its been months since i seen him. the rhs team has it now but i donno what they are gonna do with it.

Has anyone finished any of those updates yet? At the very least updating the model to OA standards?

Has anyone finished any of those updates yet? At the very least updating the model to OA standards?

The KA-50 is in ACE_X (maybe the RU one), but it causes a CTD. I assume it's being worked on.

I hope so. I simply love DCS Blackshark and I love this lethal beast

I just took a look at their version (1.12.0.344), and the mod doesn't even have the Ka-50 model present (which causes a crash to desktop when you try to use it), let alone thermal maps for the thing.

Hey any chance of the PSD files as the link is for megaupload which is now dead.

Thanks. :)