Sign in to follow this  
rstratton

KA-50 Hokum

oleg_russia and i have been working on converting his ka50 model to arma 2. here is a couple less than 100Kb preview images.

ka1t.jpg

ka2.jpg

alrighty were at a stage where the ka50 is presentable so here it is guys. there are still a few bugs to fix. if anybody see's a bug they know how to fix plz let me know. most the remaining bugs are stuff i need help with anyhow.

hopefully i just solved the conflict with the CAA1 mod.

Updated link with newest version with many bug fixes and the addon is signed

here are the psd templates for anybody wanting them

Edited by rstratton
new version

Wow impressive indeed, Polycount? Seems reasonable from what i see btw:yay:

Well at least is surely not like that 300k polys Hind :p The cockpit is amazing :o

EDIT: just a question, who will do the texture, config etc now? Does Oleg take care of that too? Or is he working on another model already? :D

oleg made the textures and the model im just preparing it for arma2. it is fully textured just i have textures turned off in those 2 shots, to show off the details. ive got 900mb of psd and adobe illustrator templates. i was gonna get some more shots but for some reason my bulldozer wont run and im to lazy to reboot. for anyone who has skype and is interested in joinging the arma underground public chat here is the link.

Edited by rstratton

Is the Gun Turret semi-moveable??

Isn't semi moveable only on the Ka52? i thought it's fixed to the right side in the 50'

no its the same as the Ka52 semi moveable, but with ARMA 2 default engine, you cant have a moveable gun turret while piloting, with out modifcations such as GDT

Isn't semi moveable only on the Ka52? i thought it's fixed to the right side in the 50'

IRL they have an identical gun mount on both helicopters. The gun is slewed both manually, or automatically when the pilot has a target locked.

Wow. Randy, high-class stuff. Very nice. Can't wait to scream at some targets in that.

Your Kung Fu is strong :D

Please if at all possible incorporate the GDT mod for the semi-moveable cannon. Or please attempt to make it moveable with out GDT mod, thanks :D

The specular is way too much, the rest looks good that specular really needs to be tone down.

The paint should be a more matte and have hardly any (unless due to heavy weathering) and the tires look like wet plastic rather then rubber, a quick tweak with the specular values, maybe even the map should fix this.

Any chance of a few wireframe shots? :)

Edited by NodUnit

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};

diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};

forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,1};

emmisive[]={0,0,0,1};

specular[]={0.25097999,0.25097999,0.25097999,1};

specularPower=30;

PixelShaderID="Super";

VertexShaderID="Super";

what above codeing is that for out of curiosity?

while ur still here, Is the cannon moveable or no?

The chopper looks definetly a waaaaaaaaaaay better then the optimized version for bf2 ,which i used to make about a year ago. :) Good JOB randy ,can`t wait to fly this baby :) Tried to fly it,love weapon loadout.P.S. cannon sounds amaizing :)

i think that army green is too dark... but newertheless it looks amazing!

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};

diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};

forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,1};

emmisive[]={0,0,0,1};

specular[]={0.25097999,0.25097999,0.25097999,1};

specularPower=30;

PixelShaderID="Super";

VertexShaderID="Super";

post derped, read the post below for the screwup.

Edited by NodUnit

Try lowering the specular power or, if using a specular map, make sure most of the helicopter is near black, or in Arma/Arma2's case, very pink, this will give just a little specular reflection would be realistic (moreso if brand new).

If two aren't using a specular map I highly recommend you do, this way you can make matte and glossy helicopters, (matte would be more real for military) and give you better control over it, for example paint chips and warm/heavily washed paint would reflect more light.

For example, this http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Army/Sikorsky-UH-60L-Black/1484723/L/&sid=b7b4da7912d84c7f494b9d7d7883a663 vs these http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Army/Sikorsky-UH-60A-Black/1206710/L/&sid=b7b4da7912d84c7f494b9d7d7883a663 http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Army/Sikorsky-UH-60A-Black/1519673/L/&sid=b7b4da7912d84c7f494b9d7d7883a663

Wrong :p

Ka50 isn't that matte , its shining nicely like Mi28 or Mi24

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Kamov-Ka-50-Black/1523319/L/&sid=679559a389c52c5bb7f10a39030a83ae http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Kamov-Ka-50/1528619/L/&sid=679559a389c52c5bb7f10a39030a83ae

;)

Edited by RobertHammer