Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

"say" command buggy?

description.ext: http://glt.pastebin.com/m4efd321b

script: http://glt.pastebin.com/d22e22a51

Ok, i try to create astationary radio playing some music. As playMusic plays the music regardless of players position and playSound also doesn't allow to define a source for the music, i try to use the say command and it's derivates (say2D, say3D). As source (speaker) i use a gamelogic which worked fine in the past (OFP & ArmA 1) but now of a sudden it doesn't work anymore.

Debugging methods i've tried:

- Instead of a Logic, i've created a Unit so i get it visible if the Unit is created or not. Also i've put a hint line which confirmed me that the logic was created.

- I setposed the player unit to the Logic location to check if position is correct.

- I've checked double and triple times if external variables are given correctly and also taken correctly into the script.

No matter what i try, there is no music ingame.

I guess you refer to this line:

_source say [_song, 0];

I've tried it with several numbers up to 1000 with no change of problem. I also guess that this isn't hearing distance in an audible meaning but how close the camera has to be to show the corresponding text. However, already changed these several times but it didn't helped.

:EDITH:

Close this topic. Was definately a PEBKAC error. ArmA 2 music tracks are stereo files but say command needs mono tracks. Problem was located 40cm in front of screen (approx).

Edited by [FRL]Myke

I am having the same issue. I am making an intro though. I have tried to get the sound to work. It works fine with the playsound command however the say command produces no audio.

The fille was done with goldwave at 4100 mhz 128 kbps. it is a minute long. I have fiddled with the file on different kbps and some allow me to make a lip file and some do not.

Bottom line i cant figure this out.