Sign in to follow this  
commander jao

Blurred game and menu bars

for some reason when i logged on today my ARMA 2 menu blurred and so was the game. it was like someone used the noise filter from photoshop on the menu and the game.

does any one know why this would happen?

not really sure but are you running with post-processing enabled? If so, disable/re-enable it and see if that fixes it.

you can't disable Post-processing. but if you switch to low it doesn't fix it in windowed either

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

also my loading screen seems to have changed

I've got this from time to time. what I do to fix it is simply alt-tab into windows and back again. This 'reloads' the graphics engine and fixes any problems.

- k

you can't disable Post-processing. but if you switch to low it doesn't fix it in windowed either

huh? what version of Arma2 are you running because you can disable it with the latest patch

mid-mapping settings of your gfx driver? if i set mine to the lowest setting, it looks like you described.

mid-mapping settings of your gfx driver? if i set mine to the lowest setting, it looks like you described.

how do you do or undo that?

This was a bug I had from out of the box ... are you sure you have the latest 1.04 patch installed ... I never saw that issue again afterwards.

Its like it gets stuck with the blur you get when your looking at a menu with the game behind, when you come out of the menu the blur stays, where it should clear, was a bug but was fixed.

When i say blur I mean total blur, like your drunk blur ... :)

Unless your referring to something else.

well in an earlier post he said there's no option to disable Post processing; so my guess is his game version isn't up to date

Are you sure you're running the game at your native resolution? For whatever reason it may have reverted to something like 800x600. It happens. Make sure your resolution is where it should be in the video options.

the resolution is as it should be but now all my save games have been deleted campagain and custom-mission's. which is really annoying

by the way still not fixed

Edited by Commander Jao
forgot

How about some infos about your system and the ArmA 2 version? Right now it is "It looks ugly, why"-type of question and really hard to answer.

In case you own a ATI Gfx Card, open up Catalyst Control Center, head to the 3D settings and set the Mipmap Detail Level to high quality.

If you have an ATI card it is the CC panel setting set to performance - change to "balanced".

problem solved but still lost all the saved games

thank you so much Myke and Kubicide for your help you fixed my blurred problem

Edited by Commander Jao