Sign in to follow this  
Raunhofer

Thirsk Island

Looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on this!

Any ETA? :D

Edited by zoog

Russians_small.jpg

Oh no, I just tested Thirsk and you don't believe what I saw! Russians have captured the island of Thirsk, it seems that we have to fight it back when this comes out! ;)

ETA - when it's ready.

Edited by Raunhofer

I do hope the textures in the distance wont be blunt low-res, because the shots are amazing.

Hey Raunhofer, great decision with the clutter :) (you know how I hate the weed in this game). Looks completely realistic and natural, yet it doesn't break gameplay, genius! How big would you estimate the size of this island to be?

If you're ever thinking about making winter textures for A2, don't make snow, just make everything whitey, like when it gets below zero but doesn't snow, everything's kinda white, the ground, the trees, etc. Everything's coated with a little white. That would be enough to set the cold wintery mood and atmosphere, at least for me :P.

If you're ever thinking about making winter textures for A2, don't make snow, just make everything whitey, like when it gets below zero but doesn't snow, everything's kinda white, the ground, the trees, etc. Everything's coated with a little white. That would be enough to set the cold wintery mood and atmosphere, at least for me :P.

I really hope some kind of winter version is possible for this map (maybe later down the line). And some cracking[?] footstep sounds in the snow are a must if it's winter style.

Anyway, whatever the choice, it all looks gorgeous already.

I half expect FDF units to be in the screenshots it's that atmospheric! Keep up the good work!

-size: There are more ground to walk than Japahto Island, but the island isn't huge.

-reason: I myself like to have many small islands rather than just one big. It may be possible that I will include different kind of versions of Thirsk (Snow? Who knows...). Also the level of detail and frame rates will be a lot better.

-Cities/Villages/Bases: There will be villages, bases and at least one big city. I will make the city so that it will run very smoothly and hopefully look awesome. There will be more than one army bases. (Also at least 1 airfield)

I would say that this is a light-armor or infantry island. Roads will be hard to drive and navigating will be challenging.

-models: There will be new models with the island, which will be usable in editor too.

-reason: I'd like to have some small mission elements which allows us to make more different kind of missions. For example a bomb(model), which explodes after certain time. It is possible that there will be also trenches if it works as planned and have no bugs.

-Destroyed city?: There MAYBE will be one, IF I manage to solve it's problems. If there are any bugs, I will replace it with a non-destroyed city.

-reason: perfection <3

Edited by Raunhofer

wow,it seems to fit well in a ww2 teathre as stalingrad,no?too fantasy?

Just imagine the fun we can have there :eek: and it fit both ww2 and modern warfare ( no CoD intended :D )

The City includes ~300 buildings. You can go "inside" all of the buildings. Also the framerates are pretty good (90fps-120fps when 10 000km vd and maximum AA (GTX295))

I suggest you place some usable ladder objects next to good sniping positions because upper floors on many ruined buildings are inaccessible.

I suggest you place some usable ladder objects next to good sniping positions because upper floors on many ruined buildings are inaccessible.

Don't worry, there are stairs inside of the buildings. There are countless number of good sniper hides.

Looking forward to this map, it looks stunning, hoping to do a few missions on her before too long, thanks.

just wanted to say, that this massive destroyed city will give supper possibility for playing "war" missions :)

and WW2 missions

it will give great atmosphere

Very very nice! I can't wait to download this. Thank you for the hardwork.

Very very nice! I can't wait to download this. Thank you for the hardwork.

Ditto. Its looks really nice.

Woman.jpg

uuu...

Everon.jpg

Working with more finnish style models. (These are default from ARMA2)

Edited by Raunhofer

uuu... I take it that ALICE and SILVIE works on this little island, correct?

We'll see that later :)

Right now I'm working with the city to get more 'finnish city' feeling.