Sign in to follow this  
Raunhofer

Thirsk Island

HOLY ****! :eek:

Hold up one moment got to go change my pants.

May I ask if you're Human good sir? This island is perfect!

Also what resolution do you play on ingame, those ground textures are freaking sweet!

Bring it on.

Im going to ditch Utes for this! :yay::yay::yay:

Yes cannot wait of this Island, of the Pics attract my. :D

Raunhofer keep it up the Work, to release a beautiful new world in A2 ! ;)

OMG

I didn't follow this thread for a while now but I see that your Island is going to be an outstanding piece of artwork. I love the winter scenario.

Can't wait for it to be released.

keep up the good work.

Kind regards

p.s. We are really lucky to have so many outstanding terrain creators in our community. Really top notch quality.

Also what resolution do you play on ingame, those ground textures are freaking sweet!

1920x1200 is the resolution.

No pressures raunhofer... no pressures :p

Is this island going to be set up more for single player and light coops or warefare and dom mission? Cities or no cities?

Is this island going to be set up more for single player and light coops or warefare and dom mission? Cities or no cities?

Humm... I guess it's best on special forces kind of missions, but I'm sure that bigger ones work well too.

And yes, there's a city too.

And yes, there's a city too.

Hows the city performance? Compared to.. let say Chernogorsk?

Cause I have 45-60 FPS anywhere else, but when going to chernogorsk, my FPS goes to 'bout 25-30, which will turn into 25-15 with AI fighting in it. :(

^^ Have you seen any custom island with a town big as Chernogorsk yet? Im pretty sure it wont be that big and complex. However i could be wrong. Wouldnt be the first time. :)

^^ Have you seen any custom island with a town big as Chernogorsk yet? Im pretty sure it wont be that big and complex. However i could be wrong. Wouldnt be the first time. :)

Isla Duala has some big cities, but I hope we don't see any that big. Cherno kills my compy :computer:

Hows the city performance? Compared to.. let say Chernogorsk?

Cause I have 45-60 FPS anywhere else, but when going to chernogorsk, my FPS goes to 'bout 25-30, which will turn into 25-15 with AI fighting in it. :(

Well it's impossible to make a city which has more FPS than the nature, but as I know the performance problem in large cities, I've tried to make a city which would perform as good as possible and still be a city.

The size of the city is kind of large, but not like Chernogorsk.

I made some calculations with my other computer, which had fps of 40-60 in the nature and 35-50 in the city with very high/high settings. (GPU: GeForce GTS250)

In chernarus it has only 30-40 in the nature and 15-30 in chernagorsk :(

Of course everything depends of your computer...

Edited by Raunhofer

Isla Duala has some big cities, but I hope we don't see any that big. Cherno kills my compy :computer:

Big yes, but not as complex. Cherno has many many different buildings with all different textures to load. Duala big towns have mostly the same textures to load. At least on my pc Duala big towns are good on my FPS but Cherno is not.

Anyway, great answer by Raunhofer. :)

I thought i'd ask this about snowblizzard weather module:

Since it adds "fog" and the snowstorm makes your visibility very short, will it affect AI aswell? It wouldnt be fun to get shot when not having chance of seeing who is shooting at you. :p

I thought i'd ask this about snowblizzard weather module:

Since it adds "fog" and the snowstorm makes your visibility very short, will it affect AI aswell? It wouldnt be fun to get shot when not having chance of seeing who is shooting at you. :p

The AI can't see the snow, moving fog etc. as the effects follow only the player (performance reasons), but there's a simple solution: Add as much the real-ingame-fog as there is in the new weather condition you decide to use.

We've tested it to be working solution.

If I hold my breath any longer Raun, im gonner pass out.

I'm sorry that it takes longer than I originally thought. There's just so much to do if you make two island at the same time.

wintcmansikka.jpg

Thirsk island is in its Beta stage now.

Edited by Raunhofer

I've took same pictures from our beta tests. We have now tested over 200 hours and there aren't much bugs left at the moment, so I'll happily confirm that Thirsk Island will be released @ 13.03.2010! :yay:

crysis64%202010-02-28%2019-05-48-16.jpg

crysis64%202010-02-28%2018-45-35-82.jpg

crysis64%202010-02-28%2019-34-48-10.jpg

More ingame pics: Thirsk ingame pics (1920x1200)

Hiyaaa! :) Thats a great info Raunhofer. Our german Member r3d made a fantastic SP/Coop-Mission on Japahto (on german language). And he announced a second Part for Thirsk. So all i can say is 00000733.gif

Regards Culti

Looking god dang diddly-oh good! after this gets released, all we need is FDFmod to go with this! :P

Hitaasti hyvä tulee. :)

"Slow comes good" or something :D

Cant wait, gotta get hugeasloads of food and beverages, then play over 9(thousand) hours and make sure its as awesome as I expected it to be, then say "w00t" and go to bed. Then wake up and play some more.. :yay:

Hello.its a really nice work from you.on the winter island:are there normal footstep sounds like the normal island??or are there sounds like walking through snow??

and if we download the island :are there winter uniforms included??

InSaNe;1583366']Hello.its a really nice work from you.on the winter island:are there normal footstep sounds like the normal island??or are there sounds like walking through snow??

and if we download the island :are there winter uniforms included??

Oh, you noticed the winter uniforms from that boat picture? Maybe, maybe ;)

Footsteps are new, like walking on real snow.