Sign in to follow this  
Raunhofer

Thirsk Island

Looks great Raunhofer. I'll look forward to this release. I love the screenshots and as I look out my window...I'd say you're pretty close to the real thing!

Suggestions:

Can you add snow or re-texture the logs to be snow-covered?

I noticed it was sunny when snowing; which is not all that uncommon, but will their be grey-mat skies? Just uniformly grey skies. We get that alot in northern climates.

Terrific island! Do you have an exact size in square kilometers of your island? Just curious.

:)

Still up for a febuary release mate?

There's so much to do, but I'll try to do my best and be as fast as I can.

There's so much to do, but I'll try to do my best and be as fast as I can.

Take your time mate. Awesome things cant be rushed. :)

PS. yes im also very eager to explore Thirsk.

I wanner get workin on TFB 2

So you're planning to make that one on Thirsk? :bounce3: Glad to hear there's a TFB2 planned :cool:

Not to hijack Raun's thread but yea I am, Iv made 3 of 8 Missions so far on Podagorsk and the rest will be on Thirsk so im waiting for it to come out.

How comes the progress Raunhofer?

No pressure bud

Are you still at 91% ? Looking forward to this Map.

SD

I thought it was 95% :yay:

There have been a lot of progress and more to come. I can already see the finish!

Thirsk_small.jpg

1920x1200 Wallpaper

Drawling for the most awesome looking Summer AND Winter island! Multi-win situation here! :yay:

Considering Arma2 players tendency to love blowing things up, will there be a The Dudesons base or something? :D :D :D

And obviously, don't forget to set the islands coordinates correctly. There is nothing like short winter days and mindnight sun in the summer :)

This island is so beautiful that you dont even want to fight! you just want to take your camping tent and go hiking, explore the NATURE! :)

"Size: 5120m x 5120m"

Roughly, how does this compare to Chernarus, Isla Duala, Podagorsk etc?

It's a lot smaller than Chernarus and smaller than Podagorsk, but please remember, there are two islands in one and thanks to its' small size, fps is very good and the level of detail can be a way more higher. I first thought that I would make 10km x 10km island but then I came to conclusion that smaller is better at this time.

atm I'm working with the last village. I'll release Thirsk when it's ready. There are no much to do, but even the little things can take a lot of time...

work in progress :cool:

Thanks for the information :)

sounds like a wise decision you have made, high detail and good performance are always excellent.

I am looking forward to the "New weather effects" was say Raunhofer.

a *cold* winter snow storm ect. ?

Suggestion.. Two airports/airfields? For PvP purposes.