Sign in to follow this  
Raunhofer

Thirsk Island

I want a hunting mod mod for this island, way to beautifull for "ordinary" battles :eek:

Impressive!

Lovely pics, you have some great talent there Raunhofer for sure!

/KC

Wow wow wow ! :eek:

Your work is impressive, Japahto was great, Thirsk seems better. It's Christmas everyday for ArmA players.

Can't wait for the release. :(

New test vid:

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFLpgdk3wvI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFLpgdk3wvI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Work In Progress!

Oh mate.... that is looking absolutely amazing.

Front paged on Aus Arma :)

New video looks very cool, little offtopic here: What program did you use to film?

And will there be new objects? Other than the one "Sotilasalue" sign we allready saw, maybe an Alko for friday LAN players? :D

EDIT: Also, what did you do to get the wather effect? (Snowstorm)

Edited by Kristian
added question

New video looks very cool, little offtopic here: What program did you use to film?

And will there be new objects? Other than the one "Sotilasalue" sign we allready saw, maybe an Alko for friday LAN players? :D

EDIT: Also, what did you do to get the wather effect? (Snowstorm)

There will be new objects (not sure of alko :>) and a lot of re-textured arma 2 models to improve our gaming experience (doesn't replace the old ones or change other island's models, don't worry). New weather effects will be included-

All objects and features work in other islands too. New objects are going to help us to create new kind of missions (for example a bomb object etc.)

There will also be one big surprise, but I can't reveal it because... well.. it's a surprise.

(And I used Fraps to record the vid)

Edited by Raunhofer

Looks very nice! Please make several old bases on your island (like on OFP Kolguev) and some old villages. +One small village somewhere in the middle of swamps and woods. :)

Edited by WazZzaaa!

I love the feel of this map, very authentic and something I've been looking forward to seeing in Arma2.

The only thing I'd like to see would be something of a town-sized village.

Awesome video. The environment looks very immerse. Great work! I can't wait for a release.

a real piece of art. it looks so real, and simply perfect. I'll be so happy if I just can wander around in these forests, creeks and little roads taking it all in :) I'll even leave the gun home :P

Very very nice! But is the dam thingy needed instead of a bridge? The last FDF island that is very detailed got me happy with the river but thanks to the dams on both sides you cant enter the river from the sea. Losing the river function a bit (gameplay wise). Coming in with boats from the sea is great for missions.

Never the less. This island will be amazing and seeing mostly barr trees (good ol scandinavia) it will be playable for my crappy pc. :)

Thanks for putting the effort in, Really!

what is that for a song in the video?

It's a russian song so I don't know its real name but in finnish it is "Uralin pihlaja", you can find it from FDFmod (for OFP)

Great looking map. Definitely gonna be one of the best environments for ArmA II. Looks so real! Great job. And those screenshots and videos look really nice. Keep us updated.

Japanto was nice but was very empty. Maybe this will have a few more settlements or open spaces for us mission makers to ADD settlements.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ea48Vh74Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ea48Vh74Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Open to see in HD

Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome :P fantastic looking work Raunhofer!