Sign in to follow this  
Raunhofer

Thirsk Island

a few questiens:

- How does infantery/tanks navigate in the rumbles of the destroyed city?

- will there be varinty in the destroyed buildings? (so it dosent look as the excact same building architecture.

how will the area around it look as?

(

oh yes... a little saving private ryan wish from here, is it possible to make a river go tough it, and make a bride over it, just as in the ramell city in saving private ryan ;-) with inv44 coming up ( looks that way! ) soon that would be sweet

a few questiens:

how will the area around it look as?

If you go back two pages and look at the city pictures. You can see it's surrounded by forests.

damn, I had hoped for some open fields, so you really could see the panzer rolling towards you far in the distance :bounce3:

damn, I had hoped for some open fields, so you really could see the panzer rolling towards you far in the distance :bounce3:

Well the picture doesn't show you the city from all angles. We'll have to wait for the maker to comment and clear it up.

prkl, all the awesome stuff keeps pouring everywhere! :D

This + FDF mod + ACE2 + 1337 gaming rig + ArmA2 = The most epic and enjoyable gaming experience a action gamer can ever wish for

Don't get too excited from the destroyed city yet. I have small issues with BIS and AI, it seems that bis haven't done hitboxes to all of the buildings. If the city looks too much same house next to same house, I will change it to non-destroyed city.

But I don't want to let your expectations down so it will be more beautiful than destroyed one for sure.

And here's a pic from my new summer cottage:

cottage.jpg

Ready missions for Thirsk this far:

- co 14 convoy

- co 14 steal the car

- co 20 chopper dealing

- co 04 path to unknown

(I'm planning ~10)

Edited by Raunhofer

Incredible looking island!!!! Love the city ruins! Can't imagine the kind of MOUT that can be played out there, WW2 style! :) Eagerly awaiting!

Ehhh....awesome?

The last pic is f****** amazing!

This + FDF mod + ACE2 + 1337 gaming rig + ArmA2 = The most epic and enjoyable gaming experience a action gamer can ever wish for

You forgot DAC :p

:eek:

:yay::yay:

Edited by cm.

US Soldiers growing uo from swamps :D

I guess its that time of yeah then..

anyways, Merry Christmas! :)

Hyvää joulua!

Please feel free to dismiss my suggestion (I mean no disrespect) - but this island looks as though it will not have many buildings or at least any built up areas with numerous buildings. Could I suggest in that case that you use all enterable buildings? If you have spots with only a few buildings, surely making them all enterable versions can't hurt performance right? I understand not using them for urban environments, but here it looks like a perfect opportunity to make an all enterable island. I love Japhato and this looks like another winner.

Please feel free to dismiss my suggestion (I mean no disrespect) - but this island looks as though it will not have many buildings or at least any built up areas with numerous buildings. Could I suggest in that case that you use all enterable buildings? If you have spots with only a few buildings, surely making them all enterable versions can't hurt performance right? I understand not using them for urban environments, but here it looks like a perfect opportunity to make an all enterable island. I love Japhato and this looks like another winner.

Don't worry, they are enterable already. I don't like buildings which I can't use :)

And as I'm planning this to be a multiplayer island, you gotta have a lot of hiding places.

Just a quickie, is thirsk landlocked? or is it an island?

Island of course. I love islands! :)

swamp6.jpg

Stop teasing and release already!

I'd like to suggest at least one or two non-enterable, but ALICE-friendly buildings at each major location if that's practical...

Awesome work on the CLUTTER! - the last pic is a perfect example! I'm working on a Scottish Highlands island at the moment and - outside the built up areas (well - areas that will be built-up eventually :)) a lot of Scotland looks EXACTLY like that pic - except there's a mountain every 500 yards :D - but the clutter - that's just absolutely spot-on!

It isn't tall or intrusive - it's just.... real! That's SO hard to do!

I have Much To Learn it seems... :)

Truly impressive Raunhofer... goes well beyond mere terrain-making!

B