Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Could too many mods cause issues?

So i haven't played arma 2 in a bit now, but i just looked at my mods folder and its like 12gb lol, so much stuff in there i didn't even realize, while having all this stuff in the game makes it really amazing, i was wondering, can too many mods cause technical problems?

things like fps problems and random crashes? i notice if i load up my game as the vanilla version, it plays pretty smoothly, especially with the newer betas, but once i load up my modded game, i sometimes feel like the game is slowing down, random stutters and stuff, so maybe some things are conflicting?

i also notice some mods use cba, but for some reason cba does not work sometimes with the vanilla patch, and it will work with the betas, its weird and i may be totally wrong about that, but now that i have so many different mods its gonna be pretty hard what the hell is causing the conflict.

Anyone else have a large amount of mods and have issuses? or am i the only one, maybe ill just start adding them one by one to find the cause, but these day i dont seem to have time for that.

If your running it all at once yes it could. If you run them with mod folders then prob not :)

well i run them with mod folders, sorry i should of been more specific.

Short answer: yes, too many mods may cause problems.

In general, the more data your PC has to handle, the more strain you put onto it. And then there is a load of problems which may come from conflicting addons.

Like IIRC Atmosphere put it:

"Too much is too much.

But how much is enough?"

It may also depend of the tipe of the addon/mod you use, for example lot of content addon ( vehicles weapons etc ) shouldn't cause troubles, having 5 different AI mods, a pletora of sound mod, and this kind of stuff on the other hand... :)