Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

i had two codes but i got pms and now there gone, anyways did any of you guys plan on playing it? i heard theres also a PC beta coming in december also which should be better

Edited by WYZe1

hey, if anyone needs a beta code i have 2 extras, if you have a ps3 let me know and ill send you one, beta is already up in EU and servers should be online soon for US.

Keep us updated on how it is and your impressions. I don't have a PS3 so I have to wait for beta on PC in Jan, right?

ya ill play tonight and make a post tomorrow with impressions, so far it looks pretty damn good, and the sound design is probably the best stuff i have heard for a war game so it should be nice

ya ill play tonight and make a post tomorrow with impressions, so far it looks pretty damn good, and the sound design is probably the best stuff i have heard for a war game so it should be nice

Yeah I love the sounds in BFBC1 when bullets starting going all around you.

No game has really felt so immersive in multiplayer like BFBC because of the buildings falling apart all around you and the sounds of the bullets hitting various objects is just glorious.

Yeah I love the sounds in BFBC1 when bullets starting going all around you.

No game has really felt so immersive in multiplayer like BFBC because of the buildings falling apart all around you and the sounds of the bullets hitting various objects is just glorious.

Are there bullet snaps?

I don't know why Hollywood and the gaming industry have made a collective decision to ignore them. They're the scariest shit I've heard in my entire life.

just played a couple of matches, the game is incredible, the sound actually impressed me even more once i started playing, hit detection is very good also and there is bullet drop with all the weapons so that is a huge instant buy for me right there.

Im playing on a SD tv right now though and its really hard to see stuff, the map is a huge desert like area and alot of stuff blends in, but im hoping once i get to try it out on my other hdtv things will be alot more clear and easier to spot out,

Sniping is interesting, you cannot reload while you are looking down your scope, you have to unscope and then reload, so you can loose your target pretty easy, but it doesnt bother me, sniping in this game will require skill and that means less of them around, which is good imo

i couldnt help myself though from thinking the whole time that i wish had of been playing on my pc, i think this game is gonna be alot better on pc already, and thats only because of how awesome it plays now on consoles.

ill post more tommorow once i have more time with it

i didnt hear any snaps unfortunately, but you do hear bullets go by your head and if a rocket passes you it sounds amazing, i think i might post on the beta board about suggesting bullet snaps, maybe some people will get on board and we will see if the devs reply, the sound designers have really nailed a real war atmosphere very well imo, but if they add that in there it would be amazing.

Edited by WYZe1

Somehow I have a feeling that I read somewhere that the PC and Xbox betas are cancelled?

This game is gonna be awesome. The only thing that worries me is the rubber bullets they had in BF2. Does it take 3-5 bullets to kill a soldier or is it more realistic?

Last I heard the PC beta is in December.

And I doubt they will add bullet snaps. This game seems like it's marketed towards people who just want action rather than realism, I can guarantee they'd post saying "what is that constant cracking noise? It's gay, remove it!"

The blog now says this:

"Not a PS3 Owner?

Early next year, all players worldwide will get to experience this premier shooter when we releases a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer DEMO on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC."

When it used to say the PC and Xbox beta will start in December. Ah well we'll see.

New video:

just played a couple of matches, the game is incredible, the sound actually impressed me even more once i started playing, hit detection is very good also and there is bullet drop with all the weapons so that is a huge instant buy for me right there.

Im playing on a SD tv right now though and its really hard to see stuff, the map is a huge desert like area and alot of stuff blends in, but im hoping once i get to try it out on my other hdtv things will be alot more clear and easier to spot out,

Sniping is interesting, you cannot reload while you are looking down your scope, you have to unscope and then reload, so you can loose your target pretty easy, but it doesnt bother me, sniping in this game will require skill and that means less of them around, which is good imo

i couldnt help myself though from thinking the whole time that i wish had of been playing on my pc, i think this game is gonna be alot better on pc already, and thats only because of how awesome it plays now on consoles.

i didnt hear any snaps unfortunately, but you do hear bullets go by your head and if a rocket passes you it sounds amazing, i think i might post on the beta board about suggesting bullet snaps, maybe some people will get on board and we will see if the devs reply, the sound designers have really nailed a real war atmosphere very well imo, but if they add that in there it would be amazing.

post there, the effect would make the game twice as epic

make a vid man, lets see how it really is.

Okay after hearing this review I'm bout to pre-order for both Xbox and PC.

Yeah with BFBC1 if you start a round as defense on the gold rush mode, you first wait for the arty and the helo to come by and nail the base and shells flying around you making holes in the ground and blowing out walls, your team is running for whatever cover is left, then the tanks and humvees come and it gets even crazier.

Whenever I play this game for extended amounts of time and I go play any other game I can tell I've been spoiled.

The feeling of being able to blow a hole in any wall to make a path for yourself is incredible. One time I had to blow a hole down a whole series of buildings as an APC was chasing after me so I had to stay inside as much as possible...in the end I ran out of houses and the APC met me on the other side, but was good fun.

I like the large amount of ammo, high recoil, large maps, and high health which promote longer and more intense firefights that quickly turn from one on one pot shots to everyone on your team getting involved and it almost always ends up creating this dynamic front because of how it does enemy identification.

...this game is not a Sim, they just found out how to do implement some amazing gameplay elements.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I played BFBC1 on SD right when I got it until I got an HDTV. It was nearly unplayable so I had to play on my computer monitor to my 360 to get any decent kills. The game is clearly designed for only HD play due to the font sizes and the range at which you engage enemies, they should have a warning on the box about that...but it would hurt sales :)

Looks and sounds great. When it comes to PVP, I prefer this type over ARMA.

Honestly after playing arma and arma2 I’m not motivated to play any other shooters! why? Because Bohemia has set the standards and raised the bar! For instance when I played dragon rising at friend’s house I just didn’t like it, could not adapt to the fact that there were no free look, lean and RMB zoom in feature. So technically speaking I can’t see myself buying it, and really would like to thank BI for all the money savings that I made so far by not buying:

1) MW2

2) Dragon Rising

3) Bad Company 2

Slayer,

InFireBaptize.

Arma 2 and COD style games have a totally different gameplay style. Imo, MW2 is currently the best multiplayer pvp shootemup out there, but it bad company 2 simply looks epic, an a new scale.

Arma 2 satisfies me when i want to feel fear and adrenaline, cod satisfies me when i want a bit of fun, or just to have a game with my mates.

(Just a little hint: Could someone please correct the spelling mistake in the thread titel and delete my post afterwards? :) That hurts ^^)

It looks like it could be a bit intresting to try, looking forward to seeing the new frostbite engine in Pc this time :)

I remember the disapointment when they said the first BF BC was only for the consoles.

But thinking about it this is maybe better that they waited for the later newer version of the game engine to be done so it will deliver the goods better now on the Pc and all :)

So anyone else bought the Jan 28 beta code? I'm looking forward to some chilly action. It looks awesome, I just hope it runs better than ArmA2.

So anyone else bought the Jan 28 beta code? I'm looking forward to some chilly action. It looks awesome, I just hope it runs better than ArmA2.

Yup... can't wait.

I'll be testing BFBC 2 for the pc. It looks pretty decent, both the single player and multiplayer. The destruction and AI effects are out of this world. Depending on your squad it even can be tactical. But BF is usually just a fun shooter. I like their animation system, there is something for BI's development team to learn from, makes one wonder if BI had Dice's budget if they could pull off that quality level to details?

OA for more tactical engagements, I do hope BI improves alot in OA.

Got myself a copy off steam, cant wait for the beta to unlock now. hoping its just like BF2.