Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Wow, that sounds really crappy.

I will be sticking to the campaign for a while. Still awaiting Metro 2033!

Well, that's depressing. I hope I don't suffer from the same issues, as this is meant to be my last hope for arcade shooters. MW2 and it's playerbase has been severely pissing me off as of late, so I've completely stopped playing that pile of crap.

I got an email from GAME this morning telling me my item has been dispatched. It's gonna be awesome! :D

A friend of me tried to play it online today and I had great fun watching him trying to connect to the not working online network :D

Singleplayer looked ok and I liked the destruction system, but I didn't see anything special...

Just gettting it for the MP part. Last game i played online on a regular basis was AA 2.1.

Once they sort out the connection issues, I think the game will be amazing

Available: 5 March 2010

This game will unlock in approximately 6 hours

:smash:

The closer we get to release the less I want to play it.

Lol...

Hasn't it been released? I saw it on a shelf two nights ago.

Available: 5 March 2010

This game will unlock in approximately 6 hours

:smash:

Dont worry the POS doesnt even work.

It looks like I bought a beta released game AGAIN.

Im never buying first day releases again in my life.

Server connection errors, no servers, screwed up graphics!

Oh did I mention still plays like the beta? :mad:

Weird - I've had no problems with it at all.

What do you mean by that? the graphics look amazing

Is this closer to the original BF/BF2 games or MW2 arcade-y style? I've read some comments about the linear map design and am most interested to see if it's an open playing field like it was in the PC BF series.

Weird - I've had no problems with it at all.

Me neither, I'm glad I bought it. :)

Just got some triggertime with the SP campaign, no problems here either. R4850/Cat 10.2.

Just got some triggertime with the SP campaign, no problems here either. R4850/Cat 10.2.

I really enjoyed the SP.

Considering BC2 is primarily an MP game, it's nice that they actually put together a decent SP to compliment it.

Is this closer to the original BF/BF2 games or MW2 arcade-y style? I've read some comments about the linear map design and am most interested to see if it's an open playing field like it was in the PC BF series.

I'd say it's a combination of both. Feels and plays like a battlefield game, but has a very cinematic atmosphere to it. Provides plenty of "holy shit" moments. The sounds are absolutely brilliant, they're the first thing that stuck out for me, apart from that horn when you're about to lose. Sitting in a building, thinking you're safe from that tank only to have it drive straight through the building and blow a hole in the opposite wall.

With the linear map design, I guess it's partially true. The maps seem to have a handful of main choke points funneling between the capture points, but there's still plenty of ways around them.

As for the problems people are having, there's a huge amount of complains on the forums. I haven't had any of them yet, so far my BC2 experience is pretty much everything I was expecting.

The only gripe I have with the game so far is the server browser, which insists on refreshing itself for every action you take. I'd imagine that will be improved in an upcoming patch though.

I'd say it's a combination of both. Feels and plays like a battlefield game, but has a very cinematic atmosphere to it. Provides plenty of "holy shit" moments. The sounds are absolutely brilliant, they're the first thing that stuck out for me, apart from that horn when you're about to lose. Sitting in a building, thinking you're safe from that tank only to have it drive straight through the building and blow a hole in the opposite wall.

With the linear map design, I guess it's partially true. The maps seem to have a handful of main choke points funneling between the capture points, but there's still plenty of ways around them.

As for the problems people are having, there's a huge amount of complains on the forums. I haven't had any of them yet, so far my BC2 experience is pretty much everything I was expecting.

The only gripe I have with the game so far is the server browser, which insists on refreshing itself for every action you take. I'd imagine that will be improved in an upcoming patch though.

Thanks for the response. I've grown leery of new FPS games mostly due to the console influence. I thought even BF2142 had jumped the shark so I'm very undecided about this. I loved the heck out of all the BF games up to the aforementioned 2142 and am just worried I'll once again be disappointed with a 'PC' game that's left its roots behind in favor of the most common denominator and dumbed down gameplay.

Is there a PC demo? I know there was a beta but I haven't seen anything about a release demo yet.

There was a demo for consoles, and a beta for PC, but they were both pre-release promos. I'm sure there's plenty of youtube footage up by now.

People also stream live gameplay and upload videos through Battlefield's XFire page.

The singleplayer is alright. Nice screenery, good sound; the dialog sound isn't very impressive as it sounds like they're right besides you, even though they are miles away. And the story is ok, although there is alot of funny episodes along the run, which makes it worth playing.

The multiplayer, the main cheese of BFBC2, is broken. I don't usually use the term 'broken' but this one really is. I've played the beta and it seemed solid there, but this was horrifying. You can't correct to any servers at times, the game crashes right after you try joining a server and sometimes it doesn't even respond when you click on a server. I did manage to get a look at it yesterday, only to crash again without warning and an error-message.

Basically - Wait a bit before you buy it.

I've successfully played through the campaign once and have played 3 MP matches. Overall - I'm blown away. It's exactly what I wanted, and then some. I've not had any connection issues, and my stats have updated properly. My Limited Edition unlocks have remained with me as well. I can see myself playing this online for a long, long time.

Well couldn't wait the full week to jump into MP, as that is where the game really shines imho. SP, which is all I generally play in most games just wasn't that fun to me. It feels more like learn the spawn pattern of the enemy and you'll be able to beat the mission. Only got to maybe the 4th or 5th level but so far, extraordinarly linear...

MP, no problems here and the new missions are oh so welcome (sorry Port Valdez). Definitely a keeper.

I've been playing pretty much all day and I can safely say that I no longer have any reason to load Modern Warfare 2. BC2 is a stellar game to play online, the perfect game for my playing style. No issues at all, performance is incredibly smooth, and I am loving all the maps and weapons.

If anyone wants to add me, my ID is the same as it is here. Zipper5. See you on the battlefield! :D