Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

I didnt see anything BUT lone wolfs in any BF game lol.

Even the squad system is only used to move the spawn up so they have to walk less and shoot more.

The only reason why it looks like there is any teamwork is going on is because maps are small and people stand together more because of it :p But it's all lone wolves going on doing their own thing.

And hey, fine by me. I dont want a social marathon every time i boot up a game. Sometimes i'd like to shoot stuff with a bit more intelligence then your average bot :)

I didnt see anything BUT lone wolfs in any BF game lol.

Even the squad system is only used to move the spawn up so they have to walk less and shoot more.

The only reason why it looks like there is any teamwork is going on is because maps are small and people stand together more because of it :p But it's all lone wolves going on doing their own thing.

And hey, fine by me. I dont want a social marathon every time i boot up a game. Sometimes i'd like to shoot stuff with a bit more intelligence then your average bot :)

I've had some good squad experiences TBH, but more often than not, it's "snipertown" with a couple of medics doing all the work :(

Edited by BangTail

It's always snipers and medics. I like stalking people if i'm a medic, i always win the game, and I always get revive people 20x in a row until they kill the guy who keeps killing them.

If i'm not a medic I am a sniper.

And I hate to say it.

But.

I am a f*cking no scope legend.

LOL.

It's always snipers and medics. I like stalking people if i'm a medic, i always win the game, and I always get revive people 20x in a row until they kill the guy who keeps killing them.

If i'm not a medic I am a sniper.

And I hate to say it.

But.

I am a f*cking no scope legend.

LOL.

Indeed bro!

I love playing medic - It's kinda of a waste when everyone plays a sniper but it's great fun in a proper squad scenario ;)

Assault, GL everyone in CQB == win. Or same with Engi + CarlGustav, shooting at people 3m away from them

I got rounds with more GL kills than bullet kills, all CQB/indoor.... Not really anything difficult, point in general direction, shut eyes, click mouse button, get kill ...

There are some very annoying things like that currently irks me a bit.

Indeed bro!

I love playing medic - It's kinda of a waste when everyone plays a sniper but it's great fun in a proper squad scenario ;)

:)

Please may I have rig #2?

What's annoying me more than anything at the moment, is the destruction of objectives with C4 etc. It just makes the whole point of arming/disarming redundant.

Been having loads of fun with this last night, me ad 3 other guys all had voice chat on steam, it was brilliant!

We all had a different class, and all of us were staying together. As a team, thanks to the medic, we weren't disbanded once. Raining hell on the enemy was never so fun!

For sure this is my new favorite shoot 'em up game! Although compared to BC1, I wish they would make destroying walls and buildings more deadly. Explosives are currently a little weak.

Been having loads of fun with this last night, me ad 3 other guys all had voice chat on steam, it was brilliant!

We all had a different class, and all of us were staying together. As a team, thanks to the medic, we weren't disbanded once. Raining hell on the enemy was never so fun!

For sure this is my new favorite shoot 'em up game! Although compared to BC1, I wish they would make destroying walls and buildings more deadly. Explosives are currently a little weak.

You need to use the specialization if you want deadly explosives.. otherwise they dont kill unless you hit them straight

Made a quick video:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NthLcyBFP6I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NthLcyBFP6I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Just wondering, I pre-purchased the game off of steam on 28 jan, I believe the only version they allow you to pre-order is the limited edition, but I can't remember if that's what I got or not. I assume it is what I got, but does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

To be honest, either the latency from the servers or my computer cant run this game smooth, even if i can run ArmA2 pretty fine, at higher detail than BC2

If we get a project reality mod for BC2...

*Jizz*

Never gonna happen

They said no mod tools would be released

Sorry

Wow...

Someone will hack it. They have too!

From videos I see that dude is reloading always the same. No matter if there is few bullets left or its complitely empty. Can anyone confirm this for sure?

Yes, like most games, there's one reload animation for each weapon, no matter what the conditions.

Never gonna happen

They said no mod tools would be released

Sorry

Actually, they recently said no mod tools at launch, opening the door to the possibility somewhere down the line (I hope).

lets just hope they dont do a codefailsters or an IW and promise things they cant/wont deliver :/

lets just hope they dont do a codefailsters or an IW and promise things they cant/wont deliver :/

That's my worry as well. Leaving the door open to them is != actual mod tools.

Just wondering, I pre-purchased the game off of steam on 28 jan, I believe the only version they allow you to pre-order is the limited edition, but I can't remember if that's what I got or not. I assume it is what I got, but does anyone know for sure?

Yeah, Steam only ever did the 'limited edition'. That's the one I ended up getting, but it doesn't really matter - it's just a few early unlocks that everyone will have after three days' play (at most).

Still, it'll be nice to have the tracer dart straight away, and hopefully the AK-U will be a nicer weapon for engies than anything from the beta.

To be honest, I got fed up of Port Valdez after playing it to death. Just waiting for the final release now. On EA's forums, it sounds like their recent update improved the game's performance a great deal. Hope they fixed the net-code so I don't still have to DMZ my router.

Team-play devastates lone-wolf in this game. I hope conquest works as well as in BF2.

BTW, didn't the PR guys say that they were already in the late pre-dev stages for PR2, and that the engine they are planning to use has nothing to do with the Battlefield series?

Yeah, Steam only ever did the 'limited edition'. That's the one I ended up getting, but it doesn't really matter - it's just a few early unlocks that everyone will have after three days' play (at most).

Still, it'll be nice to have the tracer dart straight away, and hopefully the AK-U will be a nicer weapon for engies than anything from the beta.

To be honest, I got fed up of Port Valdez after playing it to death. Just waiting for the final release now. On EA's forums, it sounds like their recent update improved the game's performance a great deal. Hope they fixed the net-code so I don't still have to DMZ my router.

Team-play devastates lone-wolf in this game. I hope conquest works as well as in BF2.

BTW, didn't the PR guys say that they were already in the late pre-dev stages for PR2, and that the engine they are planning to use has nothing to do with the Battlefield series?

Ah cool, thanks for clearing that one up :)

I am not sure what the PR guys are working on, BC2 is pretty much the only arcade shooter I will be playing for a while. Shame to hear they won't be using it, although it is very different to battlefield so I can understand why.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-general-discussion/64205-pr2-faq.html

http://www.terathon.com/c4engine/index.php

Edited by BangTail

Because I am just so l33t, thet even cod kids can't touch me.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpTRkMwY0MU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpTRkMwY0MU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Just joking, I suck :D But this game is really great fun!