Sign in to follow this  
motorpyshco

How to add add-on's and mods help please?

Hi, I know more or likely that this has been asked before but I just bought this game and I am amaze at the quality as well as the graphics and play style of this game.

My question is (and like I said before this probably been asked in the past) how do you install add-on's and mods? I been looking at some very talented individuals who done great job on adding more to this game and I sure would like to add on some the stuff that others had made.

Is there a particular step of doing this? Do I need a Engineer Degree from MIT to install them? Is there a program already made for easy installments? If you all could help me and point me in the right direction that would be grateful.

Thanks

:D

open Arma2 directory

find inside folder "addons"

when you download archive, unpack to "addons" folder files with extension PBO (if it is not MOD but ADDON)

later you can open and use them in mission editor

you can also download missions made by people, than put them to "missions" folder

You need to create folders in your

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\

Yours may be different than this. Name the folders @mod (mod being the mod name).

Then, right click on your Arma 2 shortcut. If you don't have one, make one.

Here's my ArmA 2 folder: http://filesmelt.com/downloader/mod_instr1.PNG

Add the following to the launch parameter:

mod=@mod

So, your shortcut should look like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@mod1;@mod2

Here's my shortcut, with the F16 mod as an example: http://filesmelt.com/downloader/mod_instr2.PNG

That is just an example.

Also, this is the wrong section, You should've posted in the mods: discussion forum.

Edited by CMB Unit 01

in the "@mod" folder needs to be a "Addon" folder as well. Otherwise it won't work. And PS never use vilas its option. Not because he said it wrong but because alot of servers don't accept mods. So you can't easely delete them from that folder if you added alot o other mods. Thats because all the vanilla addons are in there 2.

Edited by Winchester Delta_1

Hey thanks. I am sorry CMB Unit 01, new to this, I didn't know where to post. So, I guess I am going to post my question again on the Add-on Mod discussion area. Thanks again guys.

Look into my signature "How to install addons&mods - youtube video". You cant go wrong. :)

In the video they dont mention bisigin files however. Remember that they should also go into your mod folders you make. You have the actual addon PBO (PBO=Addon file) and the Bisign (Bisign=Signed file for checking against servers that the addon is legit and not messed with like hacker and other scum do). Sometimes the addons doesnt have signed files. In that case skip it, but dont expect to be able to join a server with such an addon. Some servers allow not using them, but usually not. So make sure to have a armalauncher or make different modline combos in a notepad where you can copy/paste from depending of what your gonna do: like playing in the editor (use any addons you want) or playing on a server (use only addons with bisign files).

However some or most servers dont allow any addons at all. Boring but true. ;)

PS. might seem intimidating this addon thingy, but its very simple. It will become second nature after a while. Dont give up on addons as they make the game into what you want it to be. Some are used to that addons/mods are something that changes the whole game, but in ARMA that is both true and not. FCM (Full Conversion Mods) will change the game a lot, but apart from those you have tons and tons of addons that just enhance your experience like better effects, better sound, better FPS, AI changes, getting new units, vehicles, aircrafts and more. Those do not change the whole game but just add some more awesomeness.

Alex

Edited by Alex72