I know this thread has been dead, but I have a question. Can I put some kind of code in the init or waypoint that will tell the sub how far it should be under water. I know there is 10 meters down increments.

So just how can I tell it to stay under water. And how can I make it resurface.

Thanks

my missiles don't hit anything, they just go up for a while and then land somewhere nearby. Help!

Have you using it along with mando missile addon as 1st page post says? :j:

Hello,

I joined this forum just to identify this annoying issue.

When I place a sub on a map it completely disables Mando Missiles (in-game) GUI's. However, all consoles still work. It doesn't matter whether that sub is empty, or for any side this error occurs. It would appear that while this addon claims it requires mando missiles it is incompatible with it.

Version 1.59.79384

Only addons activated are Mando Missiles and Extended Event Handles and GNATs submarines. I tried two ways, 1 with the BIS Folder method (just to say I did) and another using @ addon folders. The conflict does not lie with CBA (since it was tested with or without CBA). The conflict specifically occurs that Addon gnt_subs.pbo causes all mando missile autostart GUI's to fail. I even attempted to initialize the MMA script manual via the init.sqf, and several other ways.

I do not expect a response here, I am simply posting this notice in case someone else has the same issue and wonders why an addon the requires MMA, conflicts with it they perhaps can either come up with a fix or simply understand what is going wrong.

Sincerely,

~cyb~

Hi Cyberneticus.

I do have had this issue a while back, but it did never happen again after i installed MandoMissiles again. If you use an ArmA Launcher, make sure you load the Mando Missile mod before the Subs mod.

I only remember that i fixed it with placing the MMA Init and MMA Init Complete Modules on the Map, so you might want to try this instead of using init.sqf script.

And no, this addon cannot be incompatible with MMA, since Torpedoes and the Harpoon rockets wouldn't even work without it.

I do have had this issue a while back, but it did never happen again after i installed MandoMissiles again. If you use an ArmA Launcher, make sure you load the Mando Missile mod before the Subs mod.

Elena,

Thank you for your prompt response.

In fact I tried setting the loading of MMA priority above Gnats Subs, unfortunately the same problem persisted. I considered it could be that I was using 1.56, do you think you were using 1.56 at the time of this incompatibility you experienced. Can you verify, that the problem does not persist now on your machine? If so, can you tell me what version you are using. If there is a fix on my end, to resolve my issue, there is a distinct probability that others as well may have the same problem, identifying this incompatibility on my machine could save others trouble when they are troubleshooting their own issue related to this.

Sounds like someones been fiddling with Mando Missiles, and now doesnt work properly.

I'm using an older version.

Suggest you try the same, and post/report the problem in the Mando Missile thread.

im getting the same problem , it disable all mando Missle GUI planes , helicopters , .... I can't use the torpedo from Seahawk Addon By YuraPetrov link : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?124649-Seahawk-Addon-By-YuraPetrov , Is anyone accualy know how to fix this ?

I just tested it. It works fine to me. I tried Submarine Pack beta 2 by Gnat (downloaded from the link on the first page this thread), my latest seahawk addon and mando missiles Version: 2.4b10.2 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8243.

I places SH-60B, SSN Akula and Mando Missile Init and Full from Game Logic section. Like that:

mmam.jpg

Then, dropped three sonobuoys by Left Windows key. Wait, while they finding the target, then switched to MK-54 HUD by CTRL key, locked the target TAB key, than fired torpedoes by Left Win key. That's works! Akula was hit.

Hey Gnat, i was wondering: is there any possibility to add your torpedo weapon to another unit mission-sided?

I've got a ship (your OHP, to be exact) and want it to use torpedoes to hunt subs. Noth with a Mando-dialogue which is quite fiddly, but your own, pretty matural and smooth torpedo behaviour. As i see, the subs seem to have a "Dummy Weapon" which is shot in the subs and is displayed as torpedo - but adding this to the OHP Frigates missile command turret won't launch torpedoes, it's simply a weapon without any visual shot or audio or anything. So i guess i have to execute some kind of script, or add some kind of eventhandlers, is this possible?

... i guess i have to execute some kind of script, or add some kind of eventhandlers

Yes, EH's plus a script or two.

example config bit

class EventHandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0] exec ""\GNT_Subs\scr\DInit.sqs""";

fired="[_this] execvm ""\GNT_Subs\scr\Dfiremissiles.sqf""";

};

DInit.sqs

;----------------------------------------

;script by Gnat

; if you use it, credit me as appropraite

if (!isServer) exitWith {}

_ship = _this select 0

[_ship] execvm "\GNT_Subs\scr\DArm.sqf"

;[]execVM"\mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

#quit

exit

Dfiremissiles.sqf

_sub = _this select 0;

_target = _this select 1;

_launcher = objNull;

_missilebody = "GNT_5365KE";

_vangle = -1.5;

_speedini = 20;

_speedmax = 36;

_acceleration = 8;

_boomrange = 10;

_activerange = 6000;

_modeinit = 2;

_cruisealt = 80;

_boomscript = "mando_missiles\warheads\mando_missileheadtorp.sqf";

_smokescript = "mando_missiles\exhausts\mando_torpedowater1a.sqf";

_soundrsc = "";

_sounddur = 49;

_endurance = 160;

_terrainavoidance = false;

_updatefreq = 1;

_delayinit = 0;

_controltime = 0;

_detectable = false;

_debug = true;

_launchscript = "";

_hagility = 35;

_vagility = 0.1;

_accuracy = 1;

_intercept = true;

_scanarch = 180;

_scanarcv = 65;

_offsety = -1;

[_launcher, _missilebody, [(_sub ModelToWorld [0,35,-10]) select 0,(_sub ModelToWorld [0,35,-10]) select 1,(_sub ModelToWorld [0,35,-10]) select 2], getDir _sub, _vangle, _speedini, _speedmax, _acceleration, _target, _boomrange, _activerange, _modeinit, _cruisealt, _boomscript, _smokescript, _soundrsc, _sounddur, _endurance, _terrainavoidance, _updatefreq, _delayinit, _controltime, _detectable, _debug, _launchscript,_hagility, _vagility, _accuracy, _intercept, _scanarch, _scanarcv,_offsety] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_missile.sqf";

Hey Gnat i love this Addon of you, but my only Problem is that i cant really aim with the missle that launches in the Air, it just goes anywhere to the ground but not to the target. And can i aim for ground units too, and how far can i do that btw is it possible to aim at a target without visual contact (Laser Marker)?

Are you still updating this one?

Sorry for that many Questions :S

Edited by Morganator

Hi Morgan

Thanks

The missiles from memory only aim if you have lock-on. TAB key was it ?

Which mean only certain targets, like large land units and my Frigates, can locked.

No, not planning on updating A2 addons, just A3

Good luck.

Thx Man, i tried to lock on but it goes anywhere :/ and can it lock on Lasermarker?

Is there a release on Arma 3 and are you planning to keep up with your gret work ? ^^

Edited by Morganator

New mod v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Gnat , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.